Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Books of Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28457)

IAmBatman May 7th, 2019 03:44 PM

Re: C3G Books of Index

Spawn just isn't 90s enough for me. :-P Needs more pouches.

Lord Pyre May 7th, 2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2278812)
Spawn just isn't 90s enough for me. :-P Needs more pouches.

:rofl:

Pretty sure he was friends with Liefeld.

johnny139 May 7th, 2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2278810)
I think it was more that Neil Gaiman fought for the rights to the character more as a matter of principle than because he actually wanted to do anything with them. So once he won his suit, he kinda just... Handed em over to Marvel and went on his merry way.

Yeah, Angela and Medieval Spawn were both co-created by Gaiman but he wasn't credited or paid any royalties. He won the suit, which gave him co-creator rights, but ended up settling with MacFarlane to get full rights to Angela (and I presume give up his claim on Medieval Spawn?).

Then he sold them to Marvel because, like, what's he gonna do with just Angela?

In general she's been wasted with them though, definitely. I like the angels in general as Thor villains but it's definitely a square peg, round hole sort of fit.

A3n May 7th, 2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2278736)
Would love to see A3n LD the Darkness someday.

Did I post my write-up somewhere for him?

Tornado May 7th, 2019 07:28 PM

No, not that I know of, but I know you had him drafted at one point. :)

LordVenoc May 7th, 2019 07:44 PM

Here is my first pass over things! There's still some I couldn't place or just couldn't settle on where to place, and I'm sure people will have some thoughts on things needing better sorted or more sorted. After having some more eyes on this, I eventually intend to cross-pollinate the list, as some people are part of multiple teams/areas.

Thanks again to Arch-vile for getting me started!

C3G BOOKS OF FIGURE UNITS IN UNIVERSE ORDER
(Units in Red are the Hasbro Units)
Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking May 7th, 2019 07:57 PM

Looks good! Being some one who likes to build themed armies, this a a really nice resource that will keep me from browsing 800+ names looking for someone.

Tornado May 7th, 2019 07:57 PM

Cool except Judge Dredd should say 2000AD and is missing Judge Anderson who may not be linked yet. :)

IAmBatman May 7th, 2019 08:03 PM

I might call the Horror Movies section just Horror (due to Solomon Kane mostly).

I might call the Judge Dredd section Judge Dredd/2000 AD just to acknowledge that he's not necessarily directly associated with everyone in that universe of characters. Or maybe even just go 2000 AD as the publisher.

Similar thoughts on He-Man instead of Masters of the Universe.

I'd consider cross listing pretty much all of the Ant-Man stuff with Avengers, and ULTRON and Jocasta with Ant-Man.

Avenger Villains could also have subsections for Masters of Evil and HYDRA (which would be more cross listing).

Captain Marvel (and plenty others) that should be cross listed as Avengers.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fantastic Four get heroes and villains treatment. Dr. Doom should get cross listed as an Avenger's villain. Wouldn't mind seeing Crystal cross listed as a Fan Four hero. Maybe Lockjaw?

Absorbing Man and Wendigo should be Hulk villains.

I'd call Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) an Avenger before a Spider-Man friend. I'd even consider her in Marvel Knights (but those associations are more from New Avengers).

Firestar and Iceman deserve cross listing as Spider-Man friends due to the 60's Cartoon.

Red Skull should be cross listed with HYDRA. As should Arnim Zola, I believe.

Hulk and Silver Surfer were Invaders too.

Wouldn't mind seeing some X-Men split offs for things like Brotherhood of Mutants, Hellfire Club, Marauders, and Weapon-X, for instance.

I believe Boomerang is a Spidey-Foe.

Living Laser is an Iron Man enemy.

Puck is Alpha Flight.

Wendigo should be Hulk (but also faced Wolverine a lot, I believe).

I'll hit the DCU stuff later (DnD time!).

Good list! Fun stuff. :-)

Zettian Juggernaut May 7th, 2019 08:13 PM

Awesome work happening here, I went ahead and made space in the fourth post for it. Hope you don't mind me doing some rearranging for you LV.

Ronin May 7th, 2019 08:23 PM

Conan should be under Marvel.

Watchmen should be under DC.

IAmBatman May 7th, 2019 08:23 PM

DCU:

The distinction between Bat-Family and Bat-Family Allies confuses me. I'm not sure that's a meaningful or clear line to draw.

League of Assassins should cross list Bane and Merlyn, IMO (with room for future Bronze Tiger and Sportsmaster and Sensei).

Anarky and Clayface (Basil) have both spent significant time as Heroes and Villains both.

Justice League deserves Hero/Villain breakdown and a tooooon of cross listing. :-P

Atom (Ray Palmer) should be Justice League, not Justice Society, unless that's a New 52/Rebirth change? If it's an update, at least cross list. :-P

Mon-El should be cross listed as Superman Family.

Mongul should be cross listed as a Superman foe too.

Floronic Man could be a Bat Foe (he created Ivy).

Gypsy should be JLA.

Lady Blackhawk could be Birds of Prey (who deserve a section under Bat Family).

Maxima should be a Superman Foe, I think?

Jade could be cross listed under JSA, JLA, and Green Lantern, honestly.

Darkseid should be cross listed as Superman Foe as well.