Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:07 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Mandarin

The Book of Mandarin

C3G MARVEL WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #061 / Mandarin.

Character Bio - The Mandarin was born in 1920 to one of the wealthiest families in China. His father was a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, and his mother was a British aristocrat. Both died shortly after he was born. The Mandarin was raised by his aunt, who was angry at the world, and raised him to possess the same attitude. Every bit of the wealth he had inherited was spent training him in science and combat, with the result that he was broke shortly after reaching adulthood. Unable to pay the taxes on his family estate, he and his aunt were evicted and rendered homeless. His aunt died almost immediately, while the Mandarin began to wander the earth. In an attempt to revenge himself upon the civilization that had taxed him and rendered him homeless, he traveled to the Valley of Spirits and found the remains of a Makluan starship. The Mandarin spent many years learning and mastering the Makluan technology and the ten power rings he found within the alien ship. The Mandarin had a new goal; to conquer the world and rule with "wisdom and harmony."

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Since Mandarin can't lose the rings by any means other than being destroyed, does that mean Shadow Thief can't steal them?

This may be obvious to some, but is he actually "losing" the ring if Shadow Thief takes it?

A: That is an excellent question, and I have been prepared to FAQ it as soon as someone asked.

The term "lose" as you have probably already assumed is a keyword used in our rules for Equipment glyphs. That term in the proper context as it is found on Mandarin's card, holds just as much power as any other official term like "move", "attack", "target", etc.

In short, Shadow Thief can take a Makluan Ring glyph away from Mandarin because Mandarin wouldn't technically be "losing" the glyph. To "lose" a glyph, per the C3G rules, is to be wounded or destroyed. That also means that Mandarin could "drop" one if he chose to.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:36 PM. Reason: png
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:08 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Mandarin - brainstorming phase

NAME = MANDARIN
SECRET IDENTITY = Gene Khan

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY = TYRANNICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 280

MAKLUAN RING COLLECTION
Start the game with the Glyph of Makluan Electromagnetic Rings, the Glyph of Makluan Energy Rings, and the Glyph of Makluan Matter Rings on this card. Mandarin cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

MENTO-INTENSIFIER RING
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Mandarin or any figure you control that is adjacent to Mandarin.

Last edited by japes; October 2nd, 2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: MAKLUAN RING COLLECTION updated
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very excited to see this guy ... but you definitely know how to pick designs that will likely be hanging out in the sanctum for a bit. I'll post another comment in a bit once I review this ... Please just don't leave Dazzler and Psylocke hanging forever!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:17 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Very excited to see this guy ... but you definitely know how to pick designs that will likely be hanging out in the sanctum for a bit. I'll post another comment in a bit once I review this ... Please just don't leave Dazzler and Psylocke hanging forever!
I hadn't planned on doing him so soon but I woke up with a great idea in my head and I knew now was the time...
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:19 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good Whitey :up.

For the reduce & increase values how long does it last? if it's more than this turn how do we remember what is being reduced/increased & who has been affected?

Do we need to bother with the d20 for the move when we aren't for the others

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:22 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

10 RINGS OF POWER
Start the game with 10 Rings Of Power Markers on this card. (that's a lot of markers!) After moving and before attacking you may remove 1 Ring Of Power Marker from this card, choose a figure within 6 clear line of sight spaces and choose one of the following.

* Remove 1 Marker from that figure's Army Card. (Order Marker?)
* Reduce any number on that figure's Army Card by 1 down to a minimum of 1. (For how long?)
* Increase any number on that figure's Army Card by 1. (For how long?)
* Place 1 Wound Marker on that figure's Army Card.
* Roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher move that figure 4 spaces. (Why does this one require a D20 roll instead of being automatic like the rest? It seems less powerful than some of the others ...)

MAKLUUAN TELEPORTATION DEVICE
If the Mandarin is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for every enemy figure adjacent to the Mandarin. If you roll 1-14, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, the Mandarin takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. (need to specify something about leaving engagement here).

Edit: Pretty major there by A3n!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:25 AM
C3G Hero

Check the second post, I was busy writing up stuff while you guys where asking questions...

I definitely think that dropping the d20 roll is OK. I'll do that now.

I also added the no engagement attack in the teleport movement.
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:31 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Looks good Whitey :up.

For the reduce & increase values how long does it last?
There is no ending condition, so for the rest of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
if it's more than this turn how do we remember what is being reduced/increased & who has been affected?
By putting a ring on the number on the card. If it is an enemy is would mean a negative, if it is your own it would mean a positive.
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Check the second post, I was busy writing up stuff while you guys where asking questions...

I definitely think that dropping the d20 roll is OK. I'll do that now.

I also added the no engagement attack in the teleport movement.
yeah, but that still doesn't help identify how we are going to keep track of it or for how long

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:33 AM

So you could either wound someone for one wound or reduce their life by one? I do think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered about the number reductions ...
For the removal of any markers, you're stealing my Zatanna thunder here, but we might as well establish consistent wording! Here's the power I have for her:

RETLA SETATS
Before moving, you may choose one figure adjacent to Zatanna with at least one colored Marker on its Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher you may either remove the colored Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card or place an additional same colored Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. Colored Markers may include Wound Markers or any Markers used for special powers other than Order Markers.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Hmm ... not sure what he cost on this guy is because his offensive potential is off the charts, but he's not that tough defensively ... I think a cost will be tricky to nail down here.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:42 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
So you could either wound someone for one wound or reduce their life by one?
Yes, and each might be a better choice depending on what's happening in the game at the time.
Quote:
I do think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered about the number reductions ...
I wouldn't have expected anything less...
Quote:
For the removal of any markers, you're stealing my Zatanna thunder here, but we might as well establish consistent wording! Here's the power I have for her:

RETLA SETATS
Before moving, you may choose one figure adjacent to Zatanna with at least one colored Marker on its Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher you may either remove the colored Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card or place an additional same colored Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. Colored Markers may include Wound Markers or any Markers used for special powers other than Order Markers.
Order Markers have a colour as well you know...

The Mandarin has so many tricks up his sleeve that, if listed individually he could have an Order Marker removal power, an Auto-wound power, a mind manipulation power, and so on... I thought that the easiest way to deal with so much ability was to try and wrap it all up in the Markers that we use.

Now that I look at his abilities, I'm a bit worried that they might not fit on a card...

Last edited by whitestuff; February 12th, 2011 at 02:48 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library