Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Grey Gargoyle

The Book of Grey Gargoyle

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #010 /Grey Gargoyle.
Character Bio - Working as a young chemist, Paul Duval accidentally spills a mixture onto his right hand, turning it to stone. He is able to turn his entire body to stone at will, but the effect on others only lasts for an hour. Using this new-found power, he accumulates vast wealth as a thief in France before coming to America, because he convinced himself he could steal Thor’s hammer and gain immortality.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Q: Which activates first: Returning Stone Markers to Grey Gargoyle's card or any other power that states "end of the round"?
A: If the second end-of-round power is on a card you control, you may choose which activates first. If the second end-of-round power is on an opponent's card, then you must each roll the 20-sided die to determine whose power activates first. An exception to this is if a card that has a power that activates at the end of the round has a Stone Marker on it. If this is the case, then the Hand of Stone special power prevents the second power from activating.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: png
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Grey Gargoyle - Design Phase

NAME = GREY GARGOYLE
SECERET IDENTITY = PAUL PIERRE DUVAL

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = DEBONAIR

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

HAND OF STONE
Start the game with 3 grey Stone Markers on this card. If Grey Gargoyle inflicts a wound on an adjacent Unique Hero with his normal attack, place a Stone Marker on the defending figure’s card. A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot move, roll for attacks or leaving engagement attacks, or use any special powers on its Army Card, and adds 1 additional die to its defense. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Grey Gargoyle always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So... If Spidey gets turned to stone, he can still Sense the attack and swing away?

Also seems a little weird that figures who are stone roll less defense dice, especially since GG gets a defense bonus from his own stone skin.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Business Casual

We can replace take a turn with move or attack.

Part of a figure's defense is its ability to actively defend. It could be one fewer if that makes it easier to swallow.

Old June 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I had some similar stuff for my write-up that I did a long time ago. Though I had 5 attack and 6 defense with a Rock Wall Defense 3 type defense similar to Thing. I also had the figure that was turned to stone actually gain the RWD 3 defense because they are stone. Perhaps having the figure with the marker on their card lose all powers but gain RWD 3. That way they couldn't double up on powers but would not be too vulnerable either.

Also, based on the current power, I added some things that could be helpful. I don't know that he has enough power to affect Huge figures. Also, not only shouldn't they be able to take a turn with a marker on their card, but they shouldn't be able to move either due to some power on a glyph or another figure's card that would allow them to move. The can be moved, but not move other than that.

Quote:
HAND OF STONE
Start the game with 3 grey Stone Markers on this card. If Grey Gargoyle inflicts a wound on a Unique Hero that is not Huge with his normal attack, place a Stone Marker on the defending figure’s card. A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot take a turn or move and rolls 2 fewer defense dice. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.
I know from my correspondence with Bats when I did my write-up, he was kind of jonesing for a power like the Frost Giants where you replace the figure with a rock outcrop. I wasn't really too keen on that only because the figure turned to stone isn't encased in stone, but they are turned to stone and shouldn't become a rock DO. There are other characters that can probably do that with a rock outcrop though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Business Casual

No problem with the not being able to move, but I'm not sure about RWD because that's a result of Thing's being actively able to defend.

Not quite sure how to get the theme across here - the figure cannot actively defend, but gets so many auto shields?

I have a Rock Outcrop placement power for Crystal, but not a "replace figure with Rock Outcrop" power.

Old June 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if he didn't have to inflict a wound to turn them to stone, but if increased the target's defense? So he can easily take a figure out of commission, but the target is subsequently harder to kill.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Business Casual

The inflicting a wound is to represent that he actually touches the opponent.

Old June 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hopefully these work.

Old June 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would have gone with a d20 roll for the stone touch, but I like your approach better - I mean, it would HURT to be turned to stone, wouldn't it?

I like the idea of removing defense but adding auto-shields, though.

A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot take a turn, cannot roll more than 1 die for defense, and adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.

Or something along those lines - they can't actively fight back, but they're tough to break.
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good . The only concern I have is that a 2 attack (or less) squaddie wouldn't be able to kill him at all. So you could draft a 10000 points of such squads & luck & sheer numbers still will never be enough to ever destroy him.
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I would have gone with a d20 roll for the stone touch, but I like your approach better - I mean, it would HURT to be turned to stone, wouldn't it?

I like the idea of removing defense but adding auto-shields, though.

A figure other than Grey Gargoyle with a Stone Marker on its card cannot take a turn, cannot roll more than 1 die for defense, and adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. At the end of each round, all of your Stone Markers are returned to this card.

Or something along those lines - they can't actively fight back, but they're tough to break.
So if Superman or Thor is turned to stone they only get one defense die plus auto shield? That's pretty steep, especially considering someone other than GG can be attacking them in that round. I understand the "actively defending" line of thinking, but these guys aren't always actively defending. Sometimes they are just using there superhuman toughness for defending and not really doing any fancy kung fu defense moves. Sometimes these guys are getting shot at from different directions and can't actively defend against all of them. I think a lot of the actively defending figures have special powers to help show that.

Regardless, some of the figure's inert toughness should help them even while turned to stone. Bucky and Thor shouldn't be the same (except for lives) when turned to stone

Btw, I like what you have for his personality. I had "French" in my write-up. It kind of speaks for itself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library