Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 29th, 2018, 04:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Reptile

The Book of Reptile

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 60
MORTAL KOMBAT!

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the TMNT Heroes in a Half-Shell set. Its model number and name are #006 / Foot Ninja (Katar).
Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure

Character Bio - Reptile is a green garbed, humanoid reptilian creature that embodies the archetype of the unhappy underling. Said to be physically hideous and repulsive, he is renowned for his great stealth and unquestioning loyalty. Unlike many other henchmen, Reptile does not strive for power. He is caught in a delusional state of mind, obsessed with finding the last remaining member of his race, or freeing his homeworld of Zaterra from Outworld's grasp. Thus, he always remains loyal to Shao Kahn, only obeying other masters to survive and reach his goal of returning Zaterra to its former glory. While well-meaning and sincere, his obsession is so important to him that it causes him temporary fits of insanity.

It is not quite clear how old Reptile is. Estimates run in the tens of thousands of years or even millions. What is known, however, is that the Earthrealm was nearly destroyed by a battle between the gods millions of years ago. Reptile's race of raptors, or Saurians, escaped to another realm, Zaterra, where it was then invaded and annexed by Outworld's emperor, Shao Kahn. As was the usual process for Kahn conquering another world, most of the Zaterrans were killed in the ensuing battles, only leaving a handful of people left. Among those, or among those descended from these survivors, was Reptile. Unlike the others of his kind, who were forced into slavery, Reptile was trained to be a servant of both Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung. - Mortal Kombat Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arkham; March 19th, 2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old April 29th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Reptile (Breathing)

NAME = REPTILE
SECRET IDENTITY = SYZOTH

SPECIES = SAURIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENFORCER
PERSONALITY = LOYAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 185

PARTIAL INVISIBILITY
Reptile can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If Reptile is not engaged with an opponent's figure, he cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

NIMBLE
Reptile may attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement.

ACID COMBO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Before attacking with this special attack, choose one of the following:
• if you roll 2 or more skulls, Reptile may attack with this special attack again this turn; or
• after the defending figure receives any wounds from the attack, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each wound it received.
Reptile cannot use this special attack more than 3 times in a turn.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; May 18th, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old April 29th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:

Tutorial:
You will need the Foot Ninja (Katar) Heroclix from the TMNT Heroes in a Half Shell set.

Alternatively, since Reptile goes invisible, you can get the Foot Tech Ninja(Katar) heroclix instead, to avoid having to paint him:

Finished result:

*Refer to Sub-Zero's tutorial for a more in depth picture breakdown, as both figures are similar in painting and mod steps, only the colors change etc.*
1. Clip off the weapons using fingernail clippers(easiest) or an exacto knife.
2. Next, paint the green uniform as detailed in the pictures.
3. Paint the black parts of the under uniform and the pants.
4. Paint the skin a different, spongier green than the green you used for the outfit.
5. White for the eyes and then a dot of orangish.

Last edited by Arkham; October 23rd, 2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old April 29th, 2018, 05:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He's looking pretty good. I do like the 4 life/6 def/partial invisibility combo, it should give him a chance to engage and dish out some damage while not making him feel impossible to take down. I'm on board with the SA being base 4 attack, with the default def. rating being 5-6 these days 3 att. is just too weak, but I'm a little lost on the theme of the extra damage. Watching the combo videos you posted before, I never got the impression the acid spit was all that damaging. It seems more like poke damage he can dish out at range, used to soften then up before he engages to dish out the real damage. Also just a general comment on acid, I often think of acid corrosion as something that weakens and destroys metals (ie. armor plating) and thus leaving the target less protected from a later attack. I wonder if we could somehow incoporate those ideas into something here. Instead of extra damage, lower defense, either as part of the initial acid attack or as part of a following attack. If the second option, then maybe incorporate it into the 3 hit combo, where you can use the Acid SA as the first attack, then the second & 3rd attacks are normal attacks vs. lower def.

3-HIT ATTACK
Reptile may attack at any point, before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. After attacking with a normal or special attack, if Reptile rolled 2 or more skulls, Reptile may attack again with a normal attack this turn. Reptile cannot attack more than 3 times in a turn.

ACID SPIT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
If Reptile inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, instead of placing wound markers, for the rest of Reptile's turn you may have that figure roll 2 fewer defense die.

Something along those lines, is the -2 def. on potentially 2 following normal attacks be enough of a lure to give up an inflicted W? I'm not sure, but I like the image generated in my head of him spitting acid on a Counter Strike figure, lowering their defense by 2, then moving in and punching that figure twice without worrying as much about the defense power coming into play.
Old April 29th, 2018, 06:51 PM

I think we are trying to avoid defense reduction mechanics being over used on the MK fighters, and just save them for the most appropriate.

I feel like acid mechanically should have similar effects to fire, so I don't see an issue with it in its current state.

Also, the 3-Hit Attack is most interesting due to the gamble nature it currently has, forcing you to choose when to use the Acid Spit. Adding to the feel of a combo. With your proposed version, that gamble no longer exists.
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm still pretty happy with this. 4 Range seems kind of far for some spit, and I actually like 3-Hit Combo better than 3-Hit Attack (which just sounds generic to my ear). But mechanically I'm good with him.

I'll put a reminder now that we like tutorials for our customized figures, though, so be sure to keep that in mind.
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:56 PM

I'm fine with making it a range of 3 to stay in-line with his base range of 3. Name can be just about anything, as long as it sounds cool, I'm not too picky about what we end up with.

I did a tutorial for Sub, so I'll just modify it for Reptile. No issue there.
Old April 30th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Mechanically, I think I'd like him better with a range of 1, but what's thematic is thematic. I think with range and Partial Invis, he's gonna be attacking at range from height a lot of the time, so he's gonna be rolling at 5+ dice and just getting 2 skulls isn't too much of an ask. I could see the requirement for the multi-attack maybe needing to come up to 3 skulls.

We'll see how it plays, though.
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Looking good here! Thanks for being willing to tweak the dials on him. I think it'll make for a better, more well liked design.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Mechanically, I think I'd like him better with a range of 1, but what's thematic is thematic. I think with range and Partial Invis, he's gonna be attacking at range from height a lot of the time, so he's gonna be rolling at 5+ dice and just getting 2 skulls isn't too much of an ask. I could see the requirement for the multi-attack maybe needing to come up to 3 skulls.

I've seen 1 skull come up on 5 plenty - perhaps not a massive risk, but still a significant one.

Cool design - nice to see MK make it in finally!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I've seen 1 skull come up on 5 plenty - perhaps not a massive risk, but still a significant one.

Cool design - nice to see MK make it in finally!
I've seen zero skulls come up on 10 dice before we still price Hulk on the statistical odds.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 30th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He fits nicely with Star-Lord or Cap or both and triple 7's from high ground will be brutal.

What about changing 3 Hit Combo into a SA with Range 3 and making normal attack Range 1?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library