Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of N'Astirh

The Book of N'Astirh

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutant Mayhem set.
Its model number and name are #094/N'Astirh.

Character Bio - N'Astirh is a demon with great magical skills and a master manipulator. When the Hobgoblin offers to make a Faustian bargain to trade his soul for the power of a demon, N'Astirh grants Hobgoblin the requested power free of charge by fusing him with a demon, which would eventually break away to become the Demogoblin. Later N'Astirh and S'ym manipulate Illyana Rasputin into opening an inter-dimensional portal at the Empire State Building, through which N'Astirh's demons invade Manhattan. During the invasion, N'Astirh coerces Illyana, Meggan, and Madelyne towards their darker sides. Meggan being an empathic shapeshifter, who is swayed by the dark emotions around her, is transformed into the Goblin Princess and Madelyne transforms into the Goblin Queen by having her psionic powers triggered. Illyana eventually closes the portal, sealing the demons in Limbo. While N'Astirh battles S'ym for rule of Limbo and Earth, he is infected and transformed by the transmode virus. He claims he has 'become' magic, since he can now process and cast spells almost simultaneously.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N'astirh may summon Demon figures you control with his Demonic Conqueror special power. Current Demons.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefits
Weaknesses
  • As a Demon, N'Astirh interacts differently with certain special powers. Current Special Powers that Interact Differently with Demons.
  • Figures with the Magical Defense special power are not limited to dealing just one wound when attacking N'Astirh. Current Magical Defense Figures.
  • When figures with the Magical Defense special power are within 3 spaces of an opponents Doctor Strange, they may not use any special power on their card.
  • Black Knight's Ebony Sword negates the Magical Defense power.
  • When Valkyrie attacks a figure with the Magical Defense special power with a normal attack and inflicts one or more wounds, she may roll an unblocked attack die against that figure.
  • As a figure with the Magical Defense special power, N'Astirh rolls one fewer defense die when attacked by a figure wielding a Nth Metal Mace. Current Nth Metal Mace figures.
  • When Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) is attacked by a figure with the Magical Defense special power the most wounds he can receive is one.
  • As a figure with the Flying special power, N'Astirh is affected by Count Vertigo's Nullify special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Ronin; October 8th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old June 15th, 2016, 05:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of N'astirh

NAME = N’ASTIRH
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 320

DEMONIC CONQUEROR
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero you control. For this game, the chosen figure's Species is Demon instead of what is listed on its card. Before rolling for initiative, if you have at least two Order Markers on this card, you may reveal and remove one of those Order Markers. If you do, choose 1 Unique Demon Hero or up to 4 Demon figures you control in your Start Zone that are either Common or Squad figures and place them on empty spaces within 3 spaces of N'Astirh. Placed figures will take any leaving engagement attacks that may apply.

TECHNO-ORGANIC VIRUS

If an adjacent figure receives one or more wounds from N'Astirh's normal attack, you must roll one combat die. If you roll a skull, remove one Wound Marker from this card. If you roll a shield, place one Wound Marker on this card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When N’Astirh is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds N’Astirh can take from this attack is one.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Yodaking; July 15th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Here are a few comic art options where he is green like the mini.

Old June 15th, 2016, 06:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Not sure on the figure background, thinking maybe something that shows him in "hell" like a volcanic area or something similar.

Old June 15th, 2016, 06:52 PM
C3G Landlord

This is a character I've been working on for a few years now and has gone several changes. I'm pretty happy with where he is at right now after the more recent design discussions in my design thread. Only new thought I had when looking it over again was that I might choose not to use his normal attack against any adj. figures in order to not risk wounding himself, especially when he already had a few wounds on his card. So I was thinking that perhaps he should be required to use a normal attack when engaged with an opponents unique hero figure. That would lead to more interplay with the Virus while giving your opponent a chance to disrupt your plans.

I'll snap off some pics of the mini in the next few days and post them up.
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Not sure on the figure background, thinking maybe something that shows him in "hell" like a volcanic area or something similar.
I might be able to take the first comic image and edit in one of these backgrounds for a comic art but I don't think any of these will work as a figure background. I'll look and see if I can find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think this could work as well with a strategically placed mini

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Still not at all a fan of Magical Defense here, but oh well.

From what I know of the character, his ability to turn people into demons by touch is very iconic for him, I think it'd be a fail not to represent it. I also think the mini is pre-techno-organic virus (though I could be wrong), so personally I'd rather see that dropped and replaced by some sort of demonic touch power.

Not sure why he needs two classes, especially since Sorcerer doesn't have any synergy and Conqueror is only for the Arthrian Invaders. I'd just stick with Sorcerer for N'Astirh. The rest of Enter the Demon Horde is fine, though it feels a little weak for the character. Something more like bonding or maybe the ability for him to summon demons (via opening a portal to Limbo) seems more interesting.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Silly Promo Pro, Dinosaurs are for Orcs

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This is a character I've been working on for a few years now and has gone several changes. I'm pretty happy with where he is at right now after the more recent design discussions in my design thread. Only new thought I had when looking it over again was that I might choose not to use his normal attack against any adj. figures in order to not risk wounding himself, especially when he already had a few wounds on his card. So I was thinking that perhaps he should be required to use a normal attack when engaged with an opponents unique hero figure. That would lead to more interplay with the Virus while giving your opponent a chance to disrupt your plans.

I'll snap off some pics of the mini in the next few days and post them up.
Instead you could just have him roll before attacking against a single figure adjacent to him.

C3V is bringing back classic 'scape! / C3G is creating SUPER stuff for Heroscape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Really don't see the need for two classes here. Only one has synergy, and that's with a unit that he has no thematic connection to. I'd just stick with Sorcerer.

I agree that him being able to turn people into Demons is highly iconic. He's like the classic "Faustian Bargain" demon. One of the biggest Marvel events of the 80s (Inferno) was largely caused by him making a deal with Madelyne Pryor. He's also responsible for the creation of the Demogoblin.

For the Techno Organic Virus, I believe that those infected by it can absorb life force from organic matter that they infect with the virus. Maybe change it so that on a skull he deals a wound and heals one from his card, but on a shield or blank he receives a wound?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:11 PM
C3G Landlord

I kind of like the potential for healing idea as it would certainly give you a good reason to try the normal attack. I just worry that a MD figure that can heal themselves might be annoying for some single attack units to deal with. Raven already walks that line and can be tough to take down. The random nature of the healing along with the potential to deal damage to himself on the same die roll should keep it in check though so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how it plays in testing.

As for the Faustian Bargain aspect, that is where I started with the design but scrapped it in favor of a new direction once we mined that territory a bit with Mephisto. Plus the deal aspect ended up getting a bit too complex and dominating the card. We could simplify it a bunch if you all still want a turn a human into a demon with a touch concept included by just adding that to Enter the Demon Horde. 'At the start of the game, choose one Human you control to have the species of Demon instead of Human for that game.' It would let you build all kinds of all Demon armies easier if any one human could be a one game Demon.

In regards to Conqueror class, he leads a demon invasion in an attempt to conquer so he seemed as much a conqueror that could lead the Annihilation Wave as Apocalypse/Brainiac/Darkseid/Kang/M.O.D.O.K./Mandarin/Master Mold/Mongul/Psycho-man/Starro/Thanos. Plus the figures we use for that squad are the Mezzodemons from Classic so it didn't seem that crazy to me. I'm not stuck on it though if it is an issue for most of you.
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:14 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
I kind of like the potential for healing idea as it would certainly give you a good reason to try the normal attack. I just worry that a MD figure that can heal themselves might be annoying for some single attack units to deal with. Raven already walks that line and can be tough to take down. The random nature of the healing along with the potential to deal damage to himself on the same die roll should keep it in check though so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how it plays in testing.

As for the Faustian Bargain aspect, that is where I started with the design but scrapped it in favor of a new direction once we mined that territory a bit with Mephisto. Plus the deal aspect ended up getting a bit too complex and dominating the card. We could simplify it a bunch if you all still want a turn a human into a demon with a touch concept included by just adding that to Enter the Demon Horde. 'At the start of the game, choose one Human you control to have the species of Demon instead of Human for that game.' It would let you build all kinds of all Demon armies easier if any one human could be a one game Demon.

In regards to Conqueror class, he leads a demon invasion in an attempt to conquer so he seemed as much a conqueror that could lead the Annihilation Wave as Apocalypse/Brainiac/Darkseid/Kang/M.O.D.O.K./Mandarin/Master Mold/Mongul/Psycho-man/Starro/Thanos. Plus the figures we use for that squad are the Mezzodemons from Classic so it didn't seem that crazy to me. I'm not stuck on it though if it is an issue for most of you.
I'd say just make him a Conqueror then and scrap the Sorcerer part.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library