Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 9th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Book of Master Splinter

The Book of Master Splinter

C3G IDW SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 58
HAND AND FOOT

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gravity Feed set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Splinter

Character Bio - The adoptive father of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo, Master Splinter is also their teacher and sensei, training them in the art of ninjitsu so they are able to survive not only a world that will never understand them, but also the attentions of the murderous Shredder and his Foot Clan. Protective of his sons - perhaps overly so - as well as sage and wise, Splinter always advises caution, and will go to whatever lengths necessary to defend his family.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Master Splinter may use his The Way Of Ninjitsu special power to add a skull, shield or 4 to the roll of any Ninja Turtles you control.
  • When a Unique Ninja Turtle Hero you control is destroyed, you may activate Master Splinter’s Father's Devotion special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Master Splinter interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Wise figure, Master Splinter interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Tiny and huge figures are not affected by Master Splinter's Breaking Balance special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:39 PM. Reason: png
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

NAME = MASTER SPLINTER
SECRET IDENTITY = SPLINTER

SPECIES = RODENT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SENSEI
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENCE = 6

POINTS = 230

THE WAY OF NINJITSU
Once per round, after any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Splinter or a Ninja Turtle you control, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll.

FATHER'S DEVOTION
If a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed by an opponent's figure, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from its card on this card and, if Splinter is unengaged, you may immediately place him on an empty shadow tile or any empty space within 3 spaces of the destroyed Ninja Turtle's previous placement. For the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if the opponent rolls more skulls than shields and Splinter is not destroyed, you may inflict a wound on that figure. Tiny and huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 9th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Hard as ice

Background

Spoiler Alert!

Comic

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 21st, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:15 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel like all 3 of these powers are 2 or more powers crammed into one. Some streamlining may be in order.

FATHER’S DEVOTION seems like a bit of a theme break to me unless the Turtles are wounded. He’s trained them to fight, I don’t really see him stepping in and taking over unless a turtle is thoroughly beaten and about to be killed. I also don’t think he needs the extra attack die with everything going on in Master of Ninjitsu.

I see what you’re trying to do in Master of Ninjitsu, but I think all the rerolling is just confusing. Maybe find a simpler boost than rerolling (which requires a lot of verbiage) or only leave it on attacking and bump his defense to 6.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I feel like all 3 of these powers are 2 or more powers crammed into one. Some streamlining may be in order.

FATHER’S DEVOTION seems like a bit of a theme break to me unless the Turtles are wounded. He’s trained them to fight, I don’t really see him stepping in and taking over unless a turtle is thoroughly beaten and about to be killed. I also don’t think he needs the extra attack die with everything going on in Master of Ninjitsu.

I see what you’re trying to do in Master of Ninjitsu, but I think all the rerolling is just confusing. Maybe find a simpler boost than rerolling (which requires a lot of verbiage) or only leave it on attacking and bump his defense to 6.
Father's Devotion is, IMO, the most important power here - it's what cements the theme to me, and I would like to keep both aspects of you. That being said, I can see making the protection limited to Turtles with, say, 2 or more wounds on their card.

Wisdom of the Rat literally is two powers smashed together - he originally had Ninja Focus from Leo as a separate power, but someone suggested putting them together. I'd be happy separating them, especially since Leo has 4 powers.

With Master of Ninjitsu, I really would like the effect to trigger on both attack and defence, as I essentially want this to be a twist on MMA. Really, though, I'm not super set on the re-roll, I just want it to be a boost based on the opponent rolling skulls to represent them being 'off balanced'.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

I tend to agree here and actually Splinter with a High defense and lower life makes sense here. He is hard to hit but in the end he is fragile if he misses his dodge. Higher Defense with straight Counter Strike would be great.

Wisdom of the Rat is fine and will be useful for the overall team so I don't mind it being two powers since they are both slim short and easy to understand.

I've never been huge on the Father's Devotion either. I see the Turtles interjecting more when they think he is in trouble...

Wisdom of the Rat as is

Break up Ninjistu into 2 powers one offense and one defenese...such as Counter Strike and the move/attack part as the second power.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I've never been huge on the Father's Devotion either. I see the Turtles interjecting more when they think he is in trouble...
Disagree 100%. It's not that they wouldn't try to, but if he thought it was too dangerous, he'd tell them a stern 'no', one of them would argue for 0.5 seconds, he'd say 'no' again, and they wouldn't dare get involved... too directly. On the other hand, I've definitely seen him stand in the way of Shredder to protect his sons. I do take Margloth's point though - that was generally when they were battered and he was interjecting to save their lives - not coddle them.

In the end though, I really want to get across his protectiveness of his sons. I don't want him to just feel like a generic 'Master' - more than that, he is their adoptive parent, and he should play as such.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Him saving the OM and bumping their roll seems like pretty fatherly actions to me...If it's the theme of the name use the name there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 9th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like the design, but I agree that it's going to need a little paring-back. If I had to immediately simplify a little, I'd probably swap out Master of Ninjutsu for MMA and scrap the d20 bit from Wisdom of the Rat (he's already doing three other things for the Turtles).
Old January 9th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Him saving the OM and bumping their roll seems like pretty fatherly actions to me...If it's the theme of the name use the name there.
It isn't the theme of the name, it's the theme of the action. Saving the OM and bumping the roll are all well and good, but it translates, 100% as 'Master', not 'Father' - both distinct feelings that need, IMO, to come across. As their Master, he pushes them to do the best they can and organise themselves as well as they can (saving the OM - it isn't really a protective power, it's there to synergise with Leo's Turtle Power!) - as their father, he does what he can to make sure they don't come to harm at a push - his #1 priority is keeping his sons alive, that's a large part of why he trained them. It is the theme of the mechanics that conveys that he's more than just their martial arts master and sage leader, and conveys a necessary narrative in game. There are a lot of things I am willing to flex on with this design, but I'm sorry, the existance of this power is not one of them - it is the narrative core of the design, and without it, he doesn't feel like their father, to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I like the design, but I agree that it's going to need a little paring-back. If I had to immediately simplify a little, I'd probably swap out Master of Ninjutsu for MMA and scrap the d20 bit from Wisdom of the Rat (he's already doing three other things for the Turtles).
I could see scrapping the D20 bit - mostly I was just bringing in Ninja Focus from Leo since I thought that, if anyone could calm Raph down or get Mikey to focus, it would be Splinter, not Leo. I'd like to keep it, but it's not a big deal. It's also like to try to get a specific Ninjitsu feeling combat power rather than going generic, since I feel that'd be more interesting and unique, and I appreciate it when martial arts training is made a bit more distinct to convey the style (Batroc, I'm looking at you), but, again, not something I'm married to.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2018, 12:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
It isn't the theme of the name, it's the theme of the action. Saving the OM and bumping the roll are all well and good, but it translates, 100% as 'Master', not 'Father' - both distinct feelings that need, IMO, to come across. As their Master, he pushes them to do the best they can and organise themselves as well as they can (saving the OM - it isn't really a protective power, it's there to synergise with Leo's Turtle Power!) - as their father, he does what he can to make sure they don't come to harm at a push - his #1 priority is keeping his sons alive, that's a large part of why he trained them. It is the theme of the mechanics that conveys that he's more than just their martial arts master and sage leader, and conveys a necessary narrative in game. There are a lot of things I am willing to flex on with this design, but I'm sorry, the existance of this power is not one of them - it is the narrative core of the design, and without it, he doesn't feel like their father, to me.
See that's where we disagree...myself as a father I let my son make mistakes so he can learn something...but the OM save and the bump in the D20 is not a master power it's really only useful for the Turtles as a team in that he as the father knows how to temper Raphael and He has their father knows how to tame the Brash actions and give them that OM back that they lost through there eagerness.

I see his card as what he can offer to this specific family and not what he can be the master of. Those powers that the Turtle's have are why these powers link him narrative to them.

The current Father power could generically be used as a master of any NINJA and not just the ones he acts as a father too. Your current Fatherly Devotion power could be named Ninja Protection and no one would have any clue that it was to represent him being the father of the TMNT save from the word Turtle being in the power.

Old January 9th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
See that's where we disagree...myself as a father I let my son make mistakes so he can learn something...but the OM save and the bump in the D20 is not a master power it's really only useful for the Turtles as a team in that he as the father knows how to temper Raphael and He has their father knows how to tame the Brash actions and give them that OM back that they lost through there eagerness.

I see his card as what he can offer to this specific family and not what he can be the master of. Those powers that the Turtle's have are why these powers link him narrative to them.

The current Father power could generically be used as a master of any NINJA and not just the ones he acts as a father too. Your current Fatherly Devotion power could be named Ninja Protection and no one would have any clue that it was to represent him being the father of the TMNT.
I agree with you right up to the end paragraph, and I like that he gets across that idea of letting them learn from their mistakes and tempering their eagerness, but I still think Father's Devotion is necessary to get it across clearly, mechanically and thematically. Yes, you're right about all of what you said about WoR, but it could also just be any power about managing and boosting ninja. Father's Devotion, though it could be renamed Ninja Protection and no one would argue, it still gets across a protectiveness which I think is important to his character. The way I see it, his first power allows you to do all the things you said, and then, when the afore-mentioned eagerness gets them in over their head, he can rush in to make sure it doesn't go too far and they loose their lives over it thanks to FD. I think both powers, when taken together, get across his fatherly aspect far more than either could alone - he lets them learn and guides them, but he's not above stepping in directly if they're in immediate serious danger, and would give his life for them if he had to. I really think it's important to get that across.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library