Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 16th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Playtesting FAQs

AN EMPTY STANDARD PLAYTESTING FORM TO FILL OUT
Here is how to use the empty form above:
  1. Get a notepad and take notes as you playtest.
  2. When you are done, go to the Playtesting FAQ thread and click on the Empty Standard Playtesting Form.
  3. A window will appear with a single post. That post is the Blank Playtesting Form.
  4. Click the QUOTE button at the bottom.
  5. You should now fill out all the required information.
  6. Once the info is complete, highlight all of the text in the entire post. Then right click the text and click copy.
  7. Close the window.
  8. Paste the the text in a PM to the Lead Designer and hit submit.
  9. You are done.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A COMPLETED PLAYTEST FORM

Between the Design Phase and the Finalizing Phase here at C3G, we have the dreaded PLAY-TESTING OF DOOM PHASE!
OK, just kidding. This thread is here to answer any questions on the specifics of play-testing.

FAQs

Q - What is Playtesting?
A - Playtesting is a term used to describe what people do to "test" a new game or game component simply playing the game through a series of prescribed tests to check for brokenness or game compatibility.

Q - Who can Playtest?
A - Any Heroscapers.com member can playtest C3G.

Q - How do I know what to playtest?
A - To find out what units need play-testing, you will need to go to the "Playtesting Sign-up" thread. You may pick any available Design to Playtest and announce that you will be playtesting it there, and then click the appropriate LINK on the front page. That link will take you to the Profile Page of the Lead Designer (LD) so that you can send him a Private Message asking for the current info for playtesting. Now the "Design" may be a figure, optional rule, glyph, destructible object, scenario, etc., and it is important to know that each "Design" type has specific guide lines and requirements for playtesting.

Q - How do I playtest?
A - Here is a detailed list on how to playtest each Design type.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - Are there any hints, tips, or guides on how to Play-test?
A - This post can be very helpful in listing a few things that you should look for when Play-testing.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - How do I document my play-test results?
A - Here is the Feedback Sheet.

Here is how to use the empty form above:
  1. Get a notepad and take notes as you playtest.
  2. When you are done, go to the Playtesting FAQ thread and click on the Empty Standard Playtesting Form.
  3. A window will appear with a single post. That post is the Blank Playtesting Form.
  4. Click the QUOTE button at the bottom.
  5. You should now fill out all the required information.
  6. Once the info is complete, highlight all of the text in the entire post. Then right click the text and click copy.
  7. Close the window.
  8. Paste the the text in a PM to the Lead Designer and hit submit.
  9. You are done.
Q - Where do I post my Feedback Form when I have completed it?
A - Send your completed Playtest sheet in a PM to the Lead Designer of the Unit that you have playtested.

Q - How in depth should my feedback be?

A -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Playtester Hahma
I keep a notebook with me when testing and I write every turn down when testing. You don't have to, but you should at least jot down a note here and there to acknowledge certain points during a test that might be important. If either team wins because of winning most of initiatives to get advantage, that's worth noting. If either team rolls unusually good attack or defense, that's worth noting. Anything that might be worth the readers of the test sheet needing to know to get a better idea of the events during the test can be noted. If nothing else, keep some notes so that if someone questions your test results, you can go back and say, "well this happened that was unusual or that happened, or so in so had height advantage throughout the game or whatever." That can help people judge test results better.

Q - Is it possible to play-test on my own without an opponent?
A - Yes. Many of us have been Solo-Scaping for a while, and we haven't gone blind yet.
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to ask any questions on Playtesting, as we will be dealing specifically with the ins and outs of Play-testing here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by tcglkn; May 30th, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Playtesting FAQs

I'll link this thread to the first post of the "Life of a C3G Design" thread (I'm trying to limit the number of stickies we'll have in this forum). This looks like a great place to post if you have any playtesting requirement questions! Hopefully threads like this will also encourage more people who might currently consider themselves "outsiders" to get involved with the C3G by pitching in and playtesting these designs.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
After reading a few playtesting sheets, I think I'm doing too much. Are we supposed to be playtesting 3 melee army games and 3 ranged army games?
Your answer is in FAQ 4,
Spoiler Alert!

and I would suggest reading through FAQs 6 and 7.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I really don't think 1 playtest for each melee army and ranged army is enough. My first melee army playtest with Angel was a fluke. The dice heavily favored one team.

EDIT: I would suggest we increase this to at least 2 tests per army type. I would prefer 3, though.

Last edited by Balantai; January 20th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM

These are just the minimum requirements and they are required for three individual playtesters (which alone should balance some flukes). If you feel your personal results were too fluky, though, you're certainly welcome to do additional tests and post the results - as I did with my latest Iceman melee army test.

Old January 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I just worry that the minimum requirement is a bit too little. The one thing the sets this project apart from most others is the playtesting. I just don't want to see us rush through this.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM

I don't think anyone plans on rushing through this at all. I think the best thing you can do at this point to demonstrate that point of view is to act the part of a leader and show a lot of thorough playtesting results.
One a side note, I think the more playtesting a person does, the more able he is to evaluate the results based on less playtesting. For someone just starting out like yourself, it probably is a good idea to go beyond the minimum requirements here until you really start to get a feel for playtesting and what the results of various playtests really mean. Someone like Hahma, on the other hand, who's a bit more of a veteran in this arena, can more comfortably evaluate a figure based on less playtesting. I think it's more the quality of playtesting done than the quantity that we need to worry about (though our minimum standards for quantity are good to keep no lower than where they are, in my opinion).

Old January 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Balantai, the safety in numbers that you are looking for, will be covered by having 3 different playtesters.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Balantai, the safety in numbers that you are looking for, will be covered by having 3 different playtesters.
I'm sure some guys will be tested by more than 3 playtesters on occasion and I can speak to the point that if I don't think something is right after a test, I'll test it again. In fact, I did that with Pyro recently. I wasn't satisfied with how he did against Krug, so I tested him against Drake v1.

There's also going to be different maps used for playtesting. So there are more variables covered than if all tests were don on one map. I'd also expect mixing up armies for a test subject to be teamed up with and go against from one playtester to another when possible. Sometimes similar units get tested by different testers, but not always.

We also have to keep in mind that a figure like Angel is more of a support figure and his powers aren't going to help him in battle. So I wouldn't expect him to fare well 1 on 1 vs. an opponent that gets to use all there powers against him, like Kaemon Awa, who should take out Angel much of the time. Like Joker shouldn't be tested vs. Nilfheim and be expected to fare well, Joker should go against a figure like Red Skull.

There are also times during army tests where one side is fighting with optimal synergy and circumstances. That has to be taken into consideration as well.

I don't think we plan on passing figures just to get them through and make it any less of a product. We just have more experience with it and wanted to streamline the minimum requirements, though more tests can always be done if/when the need occurs. Also, we can't expect every unit we pass to be to top of the top for their points and be perfect in every situation. The X-Men aren't supposed to be badazz as individuals, but be badazz as a team, so I think that will be the case when we get these guys together as a team and test them against other armies. Again, we want to make sure they are really good as a team, but not a broken army that can always defeat their points in opponents.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM

I agree about the X-Men being great as a team. We're really developing figures that fit different niches and fill different roles well. Angel helps defend everyone around him. Iceman has a beefy special attack. Beast can take on hordes in melee. Cyclops has the best range and definite synergies to boost those around him. Jean Grey can mix it up with her throw and protect others from Magneto's throw. Xavier can bring them all together and make them twice as good.
Just imagine how much more rounded they'll be once we add in Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Emma Frost, etc.

Old April 19th, 2010, 07:06 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

what's the go???

I just tried to download the playtest sheet & got an error message about reaching my daily download limit. I don't recall downloading anything lately. What is the limit anyway?
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
what's the go???

I just tried to download the playtest sheet & got an error message about reaching my daily download limit. I don't recall downloading anything lately. What is the limit anyway?
I had the exact same problem. See if you can download anything else on the sight would'ya?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy