Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 16th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Mephisto

The Book of Mephisto

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 12
DEATH AND DECEPTION

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #055 / Mephisto.

Character Bio - Mephisto is a perennial villain in the Marvel Universe, and is responsible for a number of evil acts, including capturing and holding the soul of Cynthia von Doom – the mother of Doctor Doom — until Doctor Strange and Doom free her to ascend to heaven. He was jealous of the worship of the fire demon Zarathos, so, posing as Satan, Mephisto creates the Ghost Rider by bonding Zarathos to Johnny Blaze. In one story where he battled Thor, he was shown to have various historical villains in his realm, such as Adolf Hitler, Blackbeard, and Attila the Hun.
Mephisto claims to have been created, along with many other demons, by the supreme being whose suicide resulted in the creation of the Marvel universe as well as the Infinity Gems. He also claimed that his total evil nature is because the supreme being did not choose to make him good as that being had no concept of it.(Wikipedia.com)

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Ronin; November 8th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!
NAME = MEPHISTO

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = HELL LORD
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 9

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 800

DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

Start the game with 4 red Deal Markers on this card. When an opponent's Unique Hero that does not have the Valiant personality would be destroyed, if there is a Deal Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, instead remove all Wound Markers from that Hero's card and place a Deal Marker from this card on that Hero's card. Androids, Constructs, and Undead are not affected by this special power.

BLOOD CONTRACT
When Mephisto would receive one or more wounds, you may instead destroy a Hero with one of your Deal Markers on its card.

TIME TO COLLECT
Before placing Order Markers at the start of a round, you may choose a Hero with one of your Deal Markers on its card. Take control of the chosen Hero and that Hero's Army Card. For that round, before taking a turn with Mephisto, you may take a turn with the chosen Hero, adding 1 to the chosen Hero's Attack number. At the end of the round, destroy the chosen Hero.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Viegon; August 1st, 2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:25 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book Of Mephisto - Design Phase

Nice to see darkraptor getting a design done now! Mephisto looks really fun, but he seems to be under priced to me.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the design as-is, I think all it needs is some testing to determine whether or not the powers need tweaking.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

Other images

Old January 16th, 2014, 08:48 AM

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

The design looks great to me. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe add a restriction saying that Deal with the Devil doesn't work on Wise figures, either?

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Doc Strange has been possessed by demons before. I think it is more a principle of whether or not you would accept the deal in the face of death, or would you compromise your soul in exchange for life. A character like Thor or Superman would never submit to Mephisto, but Doctor Strange would be less likely to do so

Also, pic 4 is by far my favorite.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe a subtraction to the roll, then?

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================
Old January 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the 'collection' roll should be automatic. If he is bringing his enemies back to life so they can continue to attack him, and once he transfers wounds once the marker is removed, he should at least be able to force them to attack their friends at will while the deal is in place.

I'd also consider having an option to pay the 'contract' anytime he takes wounds instead of only when he is killed. That way if he gets hit for 5W, but has 6 life left he can choose to transfer those 5W and remove a marker from the game. Otherwise he would have to take those 5W, dropping him down to 1 life remaining and would then be forced to break a contract for every 1W attack from then on out.
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey DR - if you make a simple post here you don't care about, I can give you back control over the SP by merging your post with SirG's.

I'll read over the write up and give my thoughts in a bit here! I do know this one will definitely need some thorough and careful testing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 16th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think the 'collection' roll should be automatic. If he is bringing his enemies back to life so they can continue to attack him, and once he transfers wounds once the marker is removed, he should at least be able to force them to attack their friends at will while the deal is in place.

I'd also consider having an option to pay the 'contract' anytime he takes wounds instead of only when he is killed. That way if he gets hit for 5W, but has 6 life left he can choose to transfer those 5W and remove a marker from the game. Otherwise he would have to take those 5W, dropping him down to 1 life remaining and would then be forced to break a contract for every 1W attack from then on out.
This.

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

I definitely like the idea of him being able to pay the contract just for wounds, not specifically when he would be destroyed. I believe that lets us trim text as well.

I'm on the fence on the other suggestion, just because Puppet Master (albeit for many fewer points and with fewer restrictions) has shown just how nasty temporary mind control can be. And 6 is a really low roll. And he gets to do it before taking a turn currently (and he's no slouch on his own turn). So I'd be really reluctant to make that change.

I could see him going up to 600ish if both changes were made, and maybe even without the auto temporary control (which I think I'm against at the moment).

Don't make any changes yet (breathing period and all), but here's a shot at cleaning up some of the wording and making the "collect on the deal when he would receive wounds" change:

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library