Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 16th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of MACH-I

The Book of MACH-I

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 55
JUSTICE, LIKE LIGHTNING...

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #040-042 / MACH-1, MACH-3, MACH-4.
Its model number and name are #202 / Abner Jenkins.

Character Bio - Abner Jenkins was first known as the Beetle, a small-time enemy to heroes like Spider-Man and the Human Torch. Abe donned the guise of MACH-I when he joined the Thunderbolts, Helmut Zemo's new team of supervillains masquerading as heroes. Abe had been regarded as a failure throughout his criminal career, and found that he enjoyed the public admiration that came with the lifestyle of a hero. He quickly emerged as the most truly heroic of the Thunderbolts. When the Thunderbolts were outed to the public as villains, Abe joined most of his teammates in turning against Zemo and putting an end to his schemes.

Despite his heroic nature, Abe also had more skeletons in his closet than did his teammates; he was the only one with murder on his rap sheet. After the Thunderbolts defeated Zemo, Abe turned himself over to the police to prove that the Thunderbolts were sincerely trying to reform their ways. Abe went to prison for his crimes, but was eventually pardoned.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Human, MACH-I interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with a special attack, MACH-I may interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a flying figure, MACH-I interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, MACH-I interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Flying figures may bypass MACH-I's Evasive Flying special power. Current Flying Figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Fourth playtest: japes
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
  • Beetle created by Stan Lee and Carl Burgos
  • MACH-I persona created by Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley
  • Comic art by Declan Shalvey

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:26 PM. Reason: png
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of MACH-I (Breathing)

NAME = MACH-I
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = REPENTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

SUPPORT FIRE 16
If an opponent's unengaged figure moves adjacent to a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of MACH-I, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. MACH-I may not use Support Fire 16 if he is engaged.

DIVERSIONARY FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, if MACH-I rolls at least one skull, you may move MACH-I or another figure you control within 5 spaces of MACH-I up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, MACH-I may attack 1 additional time.

EVASIVE FLYING
When MACH-I starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When MACH-I rolls defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage, and you may immediately move MACH-I one space for each shield rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Ronin; October 25th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Symbiotic

Comic art
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos
Spoiler Alert!

There are a lot of moving parts here that can probably use some tinkering with, but I'm shooting for a Charlatan support piece with some interesting engagement/movement dynamics. Also angling to keep him in the 180-190 range if I can (and looking him over, he's probably a little higher than that right now). Aiming for the T-Bolts to hit 1200 even.

Last edited by Ronin; June 16th, 2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Why does his Aerial Superiority help his allies disengage from non-fliers?

I think I already brought this up before and I'm not saying you should change it if it is something you really like/want, but I hate the support fire power on Rocket's card. It never seems to be useful at all to me. Either the opponent engages Rocket first and shuts it down before I can even roll for it, or I mange to get one or two rolls in before he is engaged and they never hit. Now it does look like it could be more effective on this card with the disengage and free move of 4 on defense he has, you should at least be rolling for it a little more often, but I'm still wary of using one of your 3 power slots on it. Especially since it only works for Charlatans.

I also have gotten to a point that I feel 3 attack SA's are pretty useless with all the 5+ defense figures out there. I'd bump it up to 4.
Old June 17th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Why does his Aerial Superiority help his allies disengage from non-fliers?
Because it was conceived as a support power. I wanted him to have different upsides to being engaged/not engaged, and I liked the idea of him being able to swoop in and pin enemies down.

Quote:
I think I already brought this up before and I'm not saying you should change it if it is something you really like/want, but I hate the support fire power on Rocket's card. It never seems to be useful at all to me. Either the opponent engages Rocket first and shuts it down before I can even roll for it, or I mange to get one or two rolls in before he is engaged and they never hit. Now it does look like it could be more effective on this card with the disengage and free move of 4 on defense he has, you should at least be rolling for it a little more often, but I'm still wary of using one of your 3 power slots on it. Especially since it only works for Charlatans.
I've had some decent luck with Rocket's power before. Not more than 1-2 wounds in a game, no, but free wounds are free wounds. If it's playing weaker than I expect, I'm willing to fiddle with it. But I really like the mechanic here and it doesn't need to work wonders.

Quote:
I also have gotten to a point that I feel 3 attack SA's are pretty useless with all the 5+ defense figures out there. I'd bump it up to 4.
4 sounds a little too strong for the anti-swarm thing it currently is. I'd be up for shifting gears on that direction (especially since Support Fire is already kinda anti-swarm) and maybe going for up to two attacks of 4 instead of four attacks of 3.

The simplest version of that would be like this:

Quote:
???
Range 5. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, MACH-I may attack with it one additional time. MACH-I may not attack the same figure twice in one turn.
And I kinda like going simple like that, though we could also work in some of the effects to incentivize going after enemies engaged with your other figures. (Like in the current SA)
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I don't know the character but the overall design looks cool.

I like Support Fire here; if it's showing too weak, just lower the D20 roll. For the SA, what about allowing it to move your allies out of engagement? Something like:

Quote:
???
Range 5. Attack 4.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, you may move a figure you control that is engaged to that opponent's figure up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, MACH-1 may attack with it one additional time. MACH-I may not attack the same figure twice in one turn.
Adds in some of the movement/disengage support theme, and would play nicely with Support Fire. With that, you could then look at switching Aerial Superiority to one of the reuses (Evasive Flying?) or create a different support power (I always liked the idea of a flying figure giving out friendly clear sight, a sort of tactical Eyes in the Sky type power).

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I don't know the character but the overall design looks cool.

I like Support Fire here; if it's showing too weak, just lower the D20 roll. For the SA, what about allowing it to move your allies out of engagement? Something like:

Quote:
???
Range 5. Attack 4.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, you may move a figure you control that is engaged to that opponent's figure up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, MACH-1 may attack with it one additional time. MACH-I may not attack the same figure twice in one turn.
Adds in some of the movement/disengage support theme, and would play nicely with Support Fire. With that, you could then look at switching Aerial Superiority to one of the reuses (Evasive Flying?) or create a different support power (I always liked the idea of a flying figure giving out friendly clear sight, a sort of tactical Eyes in the Sky type power).

My .
I was just going to mention something similar here. Wrap the disengage into the support attack or his special and give him an eye in the sky.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:45 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I dig those suggestions.
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Symbiotic

I'd be cool with that direction for the SA and switching up Aerial Superiority. Evasive Flying sounds better to me than an Eye in the Sky type thing. That direction would take away some of the trade-offs to having MACH-I engaged or unengaged and leave him wanting to be unengaged all the time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like the added disengage type thing to his SA but think, in that case, it should probably be 3 Attack. Star-Lord has a similar theme to his attack and it's only 2 dice.
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I'm cool with that. Evasive Flying is a pretty big bump to his survivability, so it makes sense not to juice his attack at the same time.
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Symbiotic

So here's where I'm at:

Quote:
CHARLATAN SUPPORT FIRE 16
If an opponent's unengaged figure moves adjacent to a Charlatan you control within 5 clear sight spaces of MACH-I, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. MACH-I may not use Charlatan Support Fire if he is engaged.

??? SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, if MACH-I rolls at least one skull, you may move MACH-I or another figure you control within 5 spaces of MACH-I up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, MACH-I may attack 1 additional time.

EVASIVE FLYING
I just ripped Star-Lord's SA, but tweaked it to be 3 dice and a double attack instead of a triple.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library