Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Baron Von Strucker

The Book of Baron Von Strucker

C3G MARVEL WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #088 / Baron Strucker.
Character Bio - Baron von Strucker had been recruited into the Nazi party in the 1930’s. He rose through the ranks to become leader of the Death’ Head Squadron. During World War Two, he faced heroes such as Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos, Captain America and The Invaders. After facing defeats to those allied heroes, Hitler ordered his death. However, he found a friend in Red Skull, who knew Hitler’s regime was near the end, and Red Skull offered Strucker the leadership of a new militant group called HYDRA. After World War II, Baron von Strucker and HYDRA threatened to release the Death Spore virus upon the world from their base HYDRA Island, but Nick Fury foiled that plan and when HYDRA Island exploded Baron von Strucker was presumed dead. The dome of the base was built to keep the Death Spore out when they released it on the world, but instead, it kept the virus contained. HYDRA suffered for a time without leadership until eventually, Red Skull championed the effort to revive him. HYDRA scientists had found his body and sacrificed themselves in order to bring him back to life. Baron von Strucker’s body had been infected by the Death Spore virus during the explosion at HYDRA Island, but instead of killing him, it bonded with his DNA and now he doesn’t age, he heals very fast and is more resistant to physical injury. Also, he is able to release the Death Spore virus short distances and it can kill its victims almost instantly and when Baron von Strucker is ever killed, supposedly the Death Spore virus will be released upon the world to take revenge on his enemies.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q- "If an Android is on a water space and attacked by Baron von Strucker's Satan's Claw Special Attack, does the player controlling that Android subtract 2 shields when defending against that attack?"
  • A- "Yes. After the player controlling the Android figure rolls defense dice against that attack, subtract 2 shields from the total number of shields, including any that are counted from special powers, such as Tough. Note that while this is extra effective against Android figures with Tough special power, Android figures with Shields of Valor type defensive powers still double any shield rolled and then subtract 2 from the total."

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Baron Von Strucker can move up to 4 Terrorists with his Intelligence Network special power. Current Terrorists.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • As Ruthless Mastermind, Baron Von Strucker cannot be affected by aspects of the Glyph of Cosmic Cube.
Benefits:
  • Androids roll 1 fewer defense die when defending against Baron Von Strucker's Satan's Claw Special Attack. Current Androids.
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:03 PM. Reason: png
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Baron Von Strucker - Design Phase

NAME = BARON VON STRUCKER
SECRET IDENTITY = WOLFGANG VON STRUCKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 210

INTELLIGENCE NETWORK
If you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may immediately move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each if at least one Terrorist figure moved with Intelligence Network ends its move engaged with an enemy figure. Terrorists moved by Intelligence Network will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SATAN’S CLAW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Figures with the Electrically Charged special power add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled when defending against Satan’s Claw Special Attack. Androids and figures on water spaces subtract 1 shield when defending against Satan’s Claw Special Attack.

DEATH SPORE RELEASE
Instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Baron Von Strucker. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll 8 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. Androids, figures with the Super Strength special power, and destructible objects are not affected by Death Spore Release.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Baron von Strucker
Mutate
Unique Hero
Mastermind
Ruthless
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 4
Defense 5

Cost 210

INFILTRATION
If at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may add 3 to your initiative roll. If you win initiative with a roll of 4-16, you may move up to 4 of the same Terrorist squad figures you control up to 4 spaces each. If you win initiative with a roll of 17 or higher, before revealing Order Marker one on a card you control, you may immediately reveal your X Order Marker and take a turn with up to 4 of the same Terrorist squad figures you control.

SATAN’S CLAW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 Attack 5

Figures with the Electrically Charged Special Power add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled when defending against Satan’s Claw Special Attack. Androids and figures on water spaces subtract 1 shield if any are rolled when defending against Satan’s Claw Special Attack.

DEATH SPORE RELEASE
Instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Baron Von Strucker. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. On a roll of 8 or higher the defending figure receives a wound. Figures with the Super Strength Special Power are not affected by Death Spore Release.
  1. Should his defense really be that high? Is he a better fighter or have a better constitution than Red Skull or Joker? Or is his constitution that comparable to Batman?
  2. With that nasty special attack of 5 and then his Death Spores, I think a normal attack of 3 would balance him back down a bit in a good way.
  3. INFILTRATION - If at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may add 3 to your initiative roll. If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and take a turn with any Terrorist squad you control. (That slims it down to a streamline that is easier on the eyes and brain, and keeps the same general theme)
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You're not referencing the official Red Skull for comparison, are you?
I agree Infiltration needs streamlining ... I almost prefer just some bonus movement to a free turn, though. Also, how will this interact with Loki? If we do something with the X-Marker, I think we need to figure out some "Once per round, you may reveal the X-Marker on this card" type of language. That doesn't really fit with an initiative roll, though, so I think I'd rather the X-Marker stuff just get taken out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I agree Infiltration needs streamlining ... I almost prefer just some bonus movement to a free turn, though. Also, how will this interact with Loki? If we do something with the X-Marker, I think we need to figure out some "Once per round, you may reveal the X-Marker on this card" type of language. That doesn't really fit with an initiative roll, though, so I think I'd rather the X-Marker stuff just get taken out.
I agree with you, that a movement power is less game breaking and also more thematic for an Infiltration power.

INFILTRATION
If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each.
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  1. Should his defense really be that high? Is he a better fighter or have a better constitution than Red Skull or Joker? Or is his constitution that comparable to Batman?
  2. With that nasty special attack of 5 and then his Death Spores, I think a normal attack of 3 would balance him back down a bit in a good way.
  3. INFILTRATION - If at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may add 3 to your initiative roll. If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and take a turn with any Terrorist squad you control. (That slims it down to a streamline that is easier on the eyes and brain, and keeps the same general theme)
1. Invulnerability (limited): Strucker is invulnerable to minor injuries like cuts, gunshot wounds, and superpowered punches.

Regenerative healing factor: Heals at an incredible rate and is possibly also resistant to toxins and disease.

I was kind of going off of info on him from Marvel Comic Database as well as what I've seen him do in comics and incorporate them into his base stats instead of giving him a healing or defensive power. I've seen him use the Satan's Claw gauntlet to deflect ranged attacks or block melee attacks.

2. So what's the purpose of de-powering his normal attack to 3? A sword in his hands or a gun in his hands have less value than in Black Mask or Joker's hands? This guy isn't some pvssy Crime Lord, he runs HYDRA, an international terrorist organization. In an early issue of the Secret Warrior series, he discovered that there were some Skrull Infiltrators in his secret underwater base when they came to his offices in disguise. After he called them out, they reverted to their Skrull selves and tried blasting him with their blasters but he used the Satan's Claw to block the shots and then killed two of them with one swing of his electrically charged Satan's Claw and grabbed the third one by the neck and killed him after that Skrull admitted that there were many Skrull infiltrators hidden in that underwater base. Strucker used a armored underwater suit to escape after setting off the self destruct button for the base and not only destroyed his own base, but killed thousands of his own people just to make sure HYDRA wasn't going to be compromised by the Skrulls.

In this Secret Warrior series, Strucker is in the midst of major battles with HYDRA and SHIELD or other enemies and he's never getting hurt.

Abilities

Baron Strucker is a highly intelligent man in peak human physical condition. He is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, swordsman, and marksman. He is also a consummate military strategist and spy, and a master of disguise and excellent actor. He carries a sword and traditional firearms.
Strength level

Peak human strength. Can be enhanced by Satan Claw

3. I'm fine with slimming down Infiltration

Quote:
Well I'm sure there are plenty of designs that were done pre-Loki. So we will have to alter them now to keep things balanced.

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you, that a movement power is less game breaking and also more thematic for an Infiltration power.

INFILTRATION
If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each.

This is fine. I updated the OP.

Last edited by Hahma; February 4th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Hahma, it is difficult to tell online, but your tone seems irritated. I hope that isn't the case, and perhaps I should have said that I like where you are going with this design, but I thought our previous conversations on the phone was enough. Anywho, I like the design, I was just hoping to refine it some with you.
  1. I didn't know he had that type of defense power, so I can see where the life of 5 and defense of 5 is appropriate here.
  2. Your right. I don't know the character very well and it sounds like you do. Attack of 4 is cool with me.
  3. Cool. If there anything your not happy with on my suggested Infiltration power, don't hesitate to say something.
~ Griff, so pleased with the writeup that he ordered the figure last week
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Hahma, it is difficult to tell online, but your tone seems irritated. I hope that isn't the case, and perhaps I should have said that I like where you are going with this design, but I thought our previous conversations on the phone was enough. Anywho, I like the design, I was just hoping to refine it some with you.
  1. I didn't know he had that type of defense power, so I can see where the life of 5 and defense of 5 is appropriate here.
  2. Your right. I don't know the character very well and it sounds like you do. Attack of 4 is cool with me.
  3. Cool. If there anything your not happy with on my suggested Infiltration power, don't hesitate to say something.
~ Griff, so pleased with the writeup that he ordered the figure last week
Don't have but a minute as I have to get back upstairs, but I was only irritated that it seemed like you wanted to dummy him down/de-power him and ignore the powers I posted about him from the Marvel Comic Database on the second post. I just don't want him to end up as some 150-170 point unit and not only be less than the official Red Skull but also Joker and Kingpin. This guy used an LMD (life model decoy) to kill 1500 graduating students at SHIELD central. He doesn't play around.

No big deal, I was just kind of excited to finally get this guy out there to help out the HYDRA faction and it was a little deflating to see him get de-powered so quickly

It's all good.

Old February 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I should've mentioned, I support the 4 attack and 5 defense.
I still think we could toy with the Infiltration power a bit, though ... some possibilities:

INFILTRATION
Once per round, if you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each.

(This would keep it as is, but make sure Loki couldn't put two X-Markers on his card and cause confusion).

INFILTRATION
If you win initiative, you may immediately move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each. A Terrorist figure moved with Infiltration must end its movement engaged with an enemy figure.

(This second version feels more like infiltration to me, since you have to move the Terrorists into engagement/combat - otherwise you could use the power to flee all the time. We could actually just let him use this power even if he fails initiative, so just after rolling, and even up the number of figures moved or the spaces moved, since he'd have to put the terrorists in harm's way).

Just some thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM

Well sue me, but I hardly ever read those second posts, as they are usually just foot notes echoing what is said in other places. Sorry, it is a bad habit.

I am totally cool with you going for a Bad Ass Master Mind, I just didn't know that he was that BA.
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I should've mentioned, I support the 4 attack and 5 defense.
I still think we could toy with the Infiltration power a bit, though ... some possibilities:
Roll that tongue up Q-boy. I agree now, I just didn't know the character.
Quote:
INFILTRATION
Once per round, if you win initiative, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each.

(This would keep it as is, but make sure Loki couldn't put two X-Markers on his card and cause confusion).

INFILTRATION
If you win initiative, you may immediately move up to 4 Terrorists you control up to 4 spaces each. A Terrorist figure moved with Infiltration must end its movement engaged with an enemy figure.

(This second version feels more like infiltration to me, since you have to move the Terrorists into engagement/combat - otherwise you could use the power to flee all the time. We could actually just let him use this power even if he fails initiative, so just after rolling, and even up the number of figures moved or the spaces moved, since he'd have to put the terrorists in harm's way).

Just some thoughts.
I like the addition of engagement. That is chicken dinner yo. But why is there a fear of Loki enhancement or clarity with the X marker mechanic? Either way though, I prefer to NOT use the X marker here anyways. I am getting a bit sick of them honestly.
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit tired of them too. I like it as an automatic, post initiative roll power, that you have to decide whether or not you want to risk due to needing to engage them.
I think that we could do even more than four this way, though. Like move 6 up to 6 spaces, that kind of thing, since they're putting themselves into harm's way and since it'd be harder to pull off consistently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library