Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Captain Boomerang (George Harkness)

The Book of Captain Boomerang

C3G DC WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #026 / Captain Boomerang.
Character Bio - The illegitimate son of an American soldier and an Australian woman, Harkness was raised in poverty, during which time he developed great skill in making boomerangs, and in using them as weapons. As a young adult, he was hired as a performer and boomerang promoter by a toy company which was, unbeknownst to him, owned by his biological father. Audiences ridiculed him, and a resentful Harkness turned to using his boomerangs for crime. He originally became Captain Boomerang as a mascot for a Toy Company.

Although he lacked any actual superhuman abilities, he became a recurring enemy of the Flash, typically by devising altered boomerangs which could produce astonishing effects (some would explode, others had razor-sharp edges, etc.), and using them ruthlessly. He became a staple member of the Rogues, a group of villains dedicated to opposing Flash, and who were first organized after Gorilla Grodd broke them out of jail.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Suppose Captain Boomerang attacks Spider-Man with his Razor Boomerang Special Attack, and Spider-Man avoids it with Spidey-Senses 9 and moves away to a position up to 2 spaces from his original position. Could you choose Spider-Man as one of the 3 figures, even though he was the defender in the attack?
    A: Yes. When you choose the 3 figures, remember to select the figures based on the defending figure's original placement, and not based on the current position of the defender. So the defender can be one of the figures, provided he remains within 2 spaces of his original placement. You may even select the defending figure if it doesn’t move.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: IAmBatman
  • Second playtest: Margloth (90 points)
  • Third playtest: Hahma (90 points)
  • Mini photos by A3n
  • Art by A3n

Last edited by Ronin; October 26th, 2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Captain Boomerang - Design Phase

NAME = CAPTAIN BOOMERANG
SECRET IDENTITY = GEORGE "DIGGER" HARKNESS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = BELLIGERENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 90

GRAVITY BOOMERANG
Before moving choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Captain Boomerang. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-11, nothing happens. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot move or be moved this turn. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for the chosen figure this turn, you may subtract 3 from the roll.

RAZOR BOOMERANG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, you may choose up to 3 figures within 2 spaces of the original placement of the defending figure that are in clear sight of Captain Boomerang. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll 17 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

RETURNING BOOMERANG
If Captain Boomerang does not inflict one or more wounds when attacking an opponent's non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack that figure one additional time with his normal attack, even if he is engaged during the additional attack.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Ok, so that Human Boomerang is obviously the one that I was saying needs the work. Although the mechanics are simply Flying with Knockback, but when joined it makes for one wordy power & as such is 4 words too many for what we deemed the smallest text (ala Dr Doom).
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Human Boomerang! Holy crap Spidey....I mean A3n

I don't have time at the moment to attempt a re-write, but I'm thinking perhaps you can uses Sabretooth's Devastating Pounce as a rough template and adjust to fit what you need. Basically his has after move, but you can just say instead of moving normally (kind of like you did) and then go with the similar wording that says Cap Boom has to be able to be places on an adjacent empty space etc. and go from there with knockback etc. Somehow figure out how to convert it from a special attack to special power.

Anyway, looks good otherwise. Gotta go.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; September 10th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Don't use Sabertooth, as he needs some cleaning up himself, I have just been putting it off.

I like the design A3n, and I like what you are doing with Human boomerang. Other than some needed editing to your wordage on the two special powers, the only issues I am really having with the design right now is the special attack. Essentially, the second bullet can do what the first can, it is just a touch more flexible in choosing figures that are not adjacent to each other, and because the first is a splash affect, it has the potential to reach indirect figures from a range of 6. Those two are just too similar IMO. What if we made it so that the first bullet stays as is, the second bullet lets you attack one additional time, and a third bullet lets you target a figure that is not in clear sight?

ARSENAL OF BOOMERANGS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.

After moving, you may:
* Choose a figure to attack and all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are affected. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Captain Boomerang can be affected.
* Choose a figure to attack with this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may attack one additional time.
* Choose a figure to attack. Captain Boomerang does not need clear line of sight.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Honestly, the special attack doesn't really feel very special to me ... call me crazy, but I'd sooo much rather see the Returning Boomerang power on Boomerang repeated here than the special attack. I believe such a change would also save you a line or two.
For Human Boomerang, is the knockback aspect essential? If you really want to trim lines, you can always do it as an instead of moving and attacking normally type of special attack where he flies into someone and then attacks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM

The SA was really to represent his 2 mainly used boomerangs; the explosive boomerang, & the razor boomerang. The explosive one as you guess give the spash damage, but the razor flies past a number of targets & slices them hence rolling separate attack for each.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sure ... but I think that Returning Boomerang represents the feel of a Boomerang so well that it'd be a shame for it not to make the card. The Human Boomerang power will still make this guy very different than Marvel's Boomerang, but it really seems like the two should have a common link, and what power better than that? Also, I like the way that power interacts with Flash as well as how it interacts with Spidey ... if I'm alone in endorsing this one and you're just not feeling it, ignore me, but I want to at least make my case, because I think it's an awesome fit on this card (and a space saver!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I prefer using Returning Boomerang and boosting his attack to 4.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sure ... but I think that Returning Boomerang represents the feel of a Boomerang so well that it'd be a shame for it not to make the card. The Human Boomerang power will still make this guy very different than Marvel's Boomerang, but it really seems like the two should have a common link, and what power better than that? Also, I like the way that power interacts with Flash as well as how it interacts with Spidey ... if I'm alone in endorsing this one and you're just not feeling it, ignore me, but I want to at least make my case, because I think it's an awesome fit on this card (and a space saver!).
I like the power & the way it sells the boomerang power, but Captain Boomerang fights Flash all the time & is used to him moving so the part in the power where it says if the figure is in the same position is kind of a theme break for CB.

Quote:
RETURNING BOOMERANG
If Boomerang does not inflict at least 1 wound when attacking a non-adjacent enemy figure with his normal attack, you may attack that figure one additional time with Boomerang's normal attack as long as the targeted figure remains in its original position.
This kind of creates a negative interaction with Flash than what CB would have. I know my SA don't interact with Flash but they don't work as much in his favour as this would over other units.

If we wanted to exclude that bit for CB then I would be all for it.

Cheers
Old September 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

A3N, whats the thematic basis for Human Boomerang? Digger Harkness can't fly.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old September 11th, 2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
A3N, whats the thematic basis for Human Boomerang? Digger Harkness can't fly.
He throws himself like a boomerang providing limited flight so whilst it's not flying it is similar hence the 4 space & the 10 level limitations. He used it to knock out Flash at least once.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library