Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 30th, 2014, 02:50 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Lobster Johnson

The Book of Lobster Johnson

C3G DARK HORSE WAVE 21
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #034-036, 212 / Lobster Johnson.

Character Bio - Lobster Johnson started his career in 1932, working with a small but trusted group of allies out of a secret base in the sewers of New York City. Together they fought against gangsters, spies, and the like. In 1937 the gang came up against one of their most imposing enemies to date - the inscrutable and immeasurably powerful Memnan Saa, during the case of the Iron Prometheus. Though the Lobster and his allies escaped the confrontation with their lives, tragedy dogged them thereafter as they continued to research his crimes and history. One by one, the Lobster's allies met various gruesome and mysterious ends, until the Lobster called off the search. Not long after this, he accepted an offer of employment from the United States Government, a chance to lay some ghosts to rest.

Lobster Johnson died during an unsuccessful attempt to prevent the Nazis from launching a space capsule at Hunte Castle, Austria on 20 March 1939. However Death was not the end for Lobster Johnson. His ghost was one of the strongest to be seen in the Hellboy universe. He was completely corporeal when he chose to be, firing his pistol with deadly effect and burning his sign into the forehead of his victims. It would appear that his death greatly increased his powers.

In 2001, Hellboy (a lifelong Lobster fan) and Roger the homunculus encountered his ghost in the haunted ruins of Hunte Castle, beginning a long association between the Lobster and the BPRD, and with Roger and Johann Kraus in particular. The Lobster was instrumental in helping them defeat Rasputin, the Conqueror Worm and Hermann von Klempt, completing in death the mission he had failed to do in life.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Lobster Johnson may be placed within 3 spaces of an Investigator you control when he uses his Spirit Arise special power. Current Investigators.
  • Investigators you control may be boosted by Lobster Johnson's Helpful Ghost special power. Current Investigators.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:47 PM. Reason: png

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Lobster Johnson - Design

NAME = LOBSTER JOHNSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 180

SPIRIT ARISE
If Lobster Johnson is destroyed while his Species is Human, remove all Wound Markers from this card and place him on any empty space either in your Start Zone or within 3 spaces of an Investigator figure you control. For the remainder of the game, Lobster Johnson's Species is Entity instead of what is listed on the card, and you may add 2 to his Move number.

GHOSTLY INTANGIBILITY
While Lobster Johnson's Species is Entity, he can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

HELPFUL GHOST
While Lobster Johnson's Species is Entity, all Investigators you control add one additional die when defending against a normal or special attack from an opponent's figure that is within 3 spaces of Lobster Johnson.

Last edited by tcglkn; June 17th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Ok, this took a while to get down what was in my head that I wanted to do with him & into mechanics. Sadly it's 4 powers which I didn't intend it to be but I thought it best that Helpful Ghost's powers were separate to Spirit Arise. But the powers do accomplish what I wanted from him. Which was a basic character before death then a more helpful ghost after death.

Not attached to the names so if you think of something better then suggest away.

If we didn't want the close synergy to the other BRPD characters he could be a Crime Fighter.

Last edited by A3n; January 30th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Woah, pretty cool. He's definitely tough to start out with. Maybe make his marksmanship dependant if he's a human? That way he plays totally different after his death. I don't know the character at all, though.

The only other thing is we use undead rather than ghost for species, but I could roll with it to avoid the synergies.
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Woah, pretty cool. He's definitely tough to start out with. Maybe make his marksmanship dependant if he's a human? That way he plays totally different after his death. I don't know the character at all, though.
I actually did think of that, but I realised he still used a gun as a ghost & as a ghost he is supposed to be more powerful. Having said that I like your point about him playing differently after death. But then he will play differently by default because of Helpful Ghost . See what the others say.
Quote:
The only other thing is we use undead rather than ghost for species, but I could roll with it to avoid the synergies.
Yeah I wanted to avoid the undead synergies. I think ghosts are different to undead personally.

BTW LP, I saw you post as I was sending the PM's so I didn't send it to you .
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

If we change that, then as human he's more offensive, and as a ghost he's more defensive, but if the theme is that he's supposed to be more powerful in general, then that works.

Gentleman Ghost is an undead, but I'm fine with ghost here.
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:14 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I don't need no stinkin' subscriptions.
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Gentleman Ghost is an undead, but I'm fine with ghost here.
I forgot we did already have a ghost out there.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I don't need no stinkin' subscriptions.
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Any reason why you need an Investigator to get him back from the dead?

He should be Undead, but I could swing Energy if we're really set on not including him in synergies.
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

He should be Undead, but I could swing Energy if we're really set on not including him in synergies.
If we want to avoid Undead synergy (which I do, personally), our best bet is to go with Entity (which is what Spectre and Uncle Sam have), IMO.

He ostensibly has 8 life here. And a really nasty ranged attack. What power level are we going for here?

Honestly, I really like the ghostly power set, but I don't love four powers. Considering he has so much staying power, I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to drop the marksman power and just focus on the ghost stuff? You could always bump his normal attack to 5. A ranged attack of 5 is pretty nasty all on its own.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
You don't, but he can come back near one if you have one or in your start zone if not. At least that's the intent, does it not read that way to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If we want to avoid Undead synergy (which I do, personally), our best bet is to go with Entity (which is what Spectre and Uncle Sam have), IMO.
I'd be fine with that. I do think we need to avoid the undead synergies also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
He ostensibly has 8 life here. And a really nasty ranged attack. What power level are we going for here?

Honestly, I really like the ghostly power set, but I don't love four powers. Considering he has so much staying power, I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to drop the marksman power and just focus on the ghost stuff? You could always bump his normal attack to 5. A ranged attack of 5 is pretty nasty all on its own.
I don't want to bump his attack to 5 as I don't think he is in that range for hand to hand. I did want to give him something in his normal life as he was supposed to be a good crime fighter with expert marksmanship. But I do also think that he shouldn't be a 4 power person. But then I also think what does the amount of powers really care. But I wouldn't be to sad to loose the expert marksman power as the ghostly powers are the main schtick here .
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Ah, sorry, completely missed the start zone bit!

Only other issue I have is the intangibility bit... does the second half always apply, or only for when he's ghostly?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library