Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
A3n's Repaints & Mods

Hi all,

So many people on this site have inspired me in the different aspects of creativity of Heroscape. I first started lurking looking for more battlefields, then the great terrain customs by the likes of Grishnakh, Gideon,
Ch1can0, Leifkicker, & Raudulf Shieldcrusher sucked my in.

Then I found the Marvel section with & being a superhero fan I had to get the Marvel Master set. But that wasn't enough, there were so many great customs that people were doing with these heroclix things. So I got a blind mixed lot. Now at this point I still hadn't come out from my rock, but I was had downloaded all these great customs for the clix that I ended up with. From the great creators, Sherman Davies, IAmBatman, GreyOwl, Whitestuff, Allskulls, Necroblade & Hi1hi1hi1hi1. However not all the figures I had were created yet so when I posted asking if anybody had done them yet, I was encouraged to design them myself. I didn't really plan on doing that but I gave it a shot. Matt Helm, Sherman Davies, IAmBatman, & Aldin helped me develop as a designer, & helped me move away from being such a theme geek, the NM24 process was so valuable a process.

C3G heroes are an inspiring lot all-round, but Griff's repaints are one of the most inspiring & what has led to this thread. Some heroclix are either expensive, hard to come by, or just not available & Griff created customs by repainting or modding other figures & this was a brilliant fit for me also. Especially living in Australia where Heroclix isn't popular & postage prices from otherseas is inhibiting.

So here are my mods & repaints. Most are ideas borrowed from Griff but some are originally mine. I hope that once you see that even me with shaky hands was able to accomplish passable repaints you might be inspired also.

Cheers

Yellow Lantern - Sinestro Green Lantern - Killowog Vixen

Winter Soldier Giganta Deadpool

Green Lantern - Guy Gardner Hugo Strange Rulk

Pied Piper Sentinels Battlesuit Lex Luthor

Manhunter Robin Carnage

Ubu Alfred Enchantress

Iron Man - Hulkbuster TMNT - Donatello TMNT - Leonardo

TMNT - Michelangelo TMNT - Raphael Phoenix

Spawn The Crow Yukio

Fin Fang Foom

Last edited by A3n; December 13th, 2021 at 04:18 AM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Yellow Lantern - Sinestro

Yellow Lantern - Sinestro

This was just a repaint of the blue & black Sinestro.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Green Lantern - Killawog

Green Lantern - Killawog

This was not an easy custom. For this one I did a lot of carving with the hobby knife. This started off as the Solomon Grundy below. I cut the club off & then pulled his arms off. Then reshaped using the hobby knife, before putting it back together & repainting.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:30 AM

Vixen

Vixen

This one i cut the legs off at the hips & sliced the joints at different angles to allow for me to straighten her stance up. I cut off her pony tail & gave her the more common paint job.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier

This one I added some hair using Tamiya Epoxy (equivalent to GWs Green Stuff). I added a slither of plastic to the arm as a tube & repainted.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM

Giganta

Giganta

This was a suggestion by Griffin & uses the Horrorclix 50ft Girlfriend mini. Using the hobby knife again, I reshaped her skirt & shaved off the bits of her blouse. I then added a bit of Epoxy Putty to make the top the shape I wanted & add bracelets & anklets. Then repainted.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Deadpool

Deadpool

For this I started with the Maverick heroclix & removed his head. I got a head from a Lex Corp Battlesuit (which I put another head on to make as my Battlesuit Lex Luthor). Repaint.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: A3n's Repaints & Mods

That Giganta is pretty cool A3n. I also did something similar for Winter Soldier only I used a more recent Punisher figure with a Sniper rifle.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Green Lantern - Guy Gardner

Green Lantern - Guy Gardner

Shave the body of Ray & remove his head. Add the head of Two Face shaving the bumps on his face & the sides of his hair. Repaint. I did try to do a bit of a wash on the face to give him a bit more definition but it didn't quite work that nice.

Last edited by A3n; October 11th, 2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Giganta's my favorite too. Good stuff. Winter Soldier is really impressive too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like how you made Killowog. Not easy to do, but you did it. Props.

Giganta is GREAT!
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

They look FANTASTIC, A3N!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations