Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
A3n's Map Thread

Hi Thanx for the look in. Please critique any maps I post as I can only improve when I am aware of my short comings.

My entry for the ARV The Uncharted Wellsprings contest:
Great Tree Pass
The world of Valhalla is in its own right a mystical world. A convergence of cosmic energies and forces. So it wasn’t really a surprise that after centuries of reverence and homage being made to the great tree of the pass, that a wellspring should appear below it’s boughs.

Download

Hold the Pass
(2 players)
Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Road through the Forgotten Forest™, Swarm of the Marro Master Set™

The Great Tree Pass, as it has become known, is a prominent crossing point of the Hvelgelmir river. The pass derives its name from the great tree standing on a mid-stream island adjacent to the pass. Standing strong against the tide, the tree has stood for over a century and is a demonstration of nature’s strength. Or maybe its strength comes from the blood that has washed its shores.
Now the tree stands as a marker of strength of another kind. Who will possess the wellspring shadowed by the great tree?

My first entry for the 2012 GenCon contest:
Fallen Pass
Even before the bridge’s destruction this was never a safe place pass. Although it’s true name is long forgotten, The Pass is one of the few places that fords the mighty river. When there is war, it’s also one of the few passages into enemy territory.

(2 players)
Required Sets: RotV Master Set & FotA Expansion Set

Download

2nd entry of the 2012 GenCon contest:
Convergence
Ahh the serenity. A tableland lake with a gentle overflow stream, is a perfect place to sit and watch the world go by.

(2 players)
Required Sets: RotV Master Set & BftU Master Set

Download

Precipices Collide
Not even mountains can withstand the march of Time. Once a single magnificent mountain whose name has been lost through the ages. Now it stands as three eroded mountains, fallen upon themselves as if trying desperately to cling-on to their once magnificent stature. Often overlooked due to it’s proximity of the ocean, scouts have recently discovered it’s true hidden beauty. It is now destined to become marred by the ugliness of war.

(2 players)
Required Sets: RotV Master Set & another set (e.g.: MtCB)

Please visit this thread: Download.

Twin Peaks Valley
My second map designed as an Entry for the GenCon contest:

Download

(2 players)
Required Sets: RotV Master Set & RTTFF Expansion Set

War after war ravages every part of Vahalla and Twin Peaks Valley is no exception. Twin Peaks Valley is small and has little strategic value to winning any campaign, however it is a significant in the fact that a small army can cross the river at this point to ruin even the best laid battle plan.
Any General worth his salt knows that their battle plan must include a contingency for holding Twin Peaks Valley. Forget this and you’ll be going home on your shield!

I, myself am not sure about the trees.

Mt. Aracarta
My 2nd entry into the GenCon competition.

Download

(2 players)
Required Sets: RotV Master Set & Volcarren Wasteland
Mt. Aracarta is the last place you would expect to find yourself, but some reckless general thought they could sneak around the end of the divide in an effort to attack from the rear. So here you are at the continents' end facing off, two great armies with little more than footholds between you and charcoal. This is your battlefield, now let’s hope your strategy is strong. Only decisive moves will prove the victor this day.

This one really hurts the head trying to pick the best strategy, as there are very few footholds & you have to always way up the odds of stepping on the lava field & risking the wounds just to hopefully destroy that one figure that's been annoying you.

Your feedback is welcomed & wanted.

Hope you can find some enjoyment in my maps too.

Cheers

Last edited by A3n; April 23rd, 2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A3n's Map Thread

I like the look of the second map, though the walls are placed illegally. They have to go on the outside of the hex they lock on to, and they have to be on the same level. It isn't stable other wise.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:30 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I like the look of the second map, though the walls are placed illegally. They have to go on the outside of the hex they lock on to, and they have to be on the same level. It isn't stable other wise.
Thanks for the feedback, I understand you about the level but not what you are saying about that they have to go on the outside of the hex they lock on to . Are you saying I need to rotate them around when I drop the level? Sorry I sadly don't have this set (as it is hard to come by here in Oz) as I was only doing this for a GenCon entry. I used Marvels concrete to portray the road & some home made trees, but don't have anything for walls.

Last edited by A3n; May 8th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:33 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I love the first one, I actually might build it right now, I'll take down my central park map.
Yeah, it looks like a nice "fun" pickup battle type place. Nice job.
I would recommend making the maps wider and bigger, with a small map like that, some people are worthless, and squads can get tight.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.

Last edited by tubafication; May 8th, 2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Forgot shortcomings
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I would recommend making the maps wider and bigger, with a small map like that, some people are worthless, and squads can get tight.
For the second map, the GenCon map contest has size specifications, so it has to be rather small. Also, in the first map, the rise takes away quite a bit of the terrain to size it up, and it provides nice LOS blockage to make up for it. I think that the size it's at is golden.

Of course, as EP said, you're going to have to find a way to fix the walls on the second map, because it is illegally placed and you can't enter it as such.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Oops, I must have missed the GenCon part.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM

Smile Re: A3n's Map Thread

Great feedback people. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I hear you & I tend to agree but I wanted Precipices Collide as a mountain side battle, but I did use pretty much all my tiles (I only have a 1 RotV & 1 Marvel set). Let me know how you find it plays though.

I have updated the Twin Peaks Valley, I think I got the walls the correct way this time. Let me know if I still haven't a clue .

Cheers
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
After looking at it again with VS I thought that was what you meant so I fixed it up. Thank you for the pick up .

Cheers
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone else notice a huge similarity to Hot Heights?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

No criticisms; I like both a great deal, especially Twin Peaks Valley.

Old May 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Anyone else notice a huge similarity to Hot Heights?
I just had a look at Hot Heights & I do agree there are similarities. In my defence though I haven't looked at that map before today (believe me or not, your choice), but I believe we (Jormi_Boced & myself) probably had similar thought patterns when designing our maps (Jormi_Boced has probably more advanced thought patterns by now as I noticed he did his about a year ago) - 1 RotV + 1 Expansion (Jormi_Boced used VW, I used RTTFF); symmetrical map; 2 opposing hills with a valley in the centre as the choke point. The catch with this was that making hills to a decent height & having the smaller tiles available to build the slope means the shape of the mountain is really going to be based on the 7 hex tile (especially when limiting the sets to be used). My other thought when building the map was the "Zelrig factor" as there seemed to be a lot of comments about this unit romping over the maps in this GenCon contest. So that's why my valley area is broken with levels which also resembles Hot Heights.

My intent was never to steal, copy, or rip anyones map, I just like the idea of mountain maps & that's what I wanted to offer for my entry into the contest.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios