Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Griffin Paints - The Phoenix Saga!!!

There is something about taking a cheap figure or pieces of broken cheap figures and making something beautiful out of it that inspires me. I love doing this sort of thing, especially if it saves me money. With a wife and 4 kids, every cent counts, so I don't ever pay more than 1 or 2 bucks for a figure, and if I can't buy the figure that I want for that cheap, I make it.

Phoenix - This is a Ms. Marvel figure that cost about $1.25 compared to very expensive Phoenix figures.
This is a painting tutorial on how to make this figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Dark Phoenix - This is also a Ms. Marvel figure.
Here is the painting Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

More Customs Here:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by A3n; December 29th, 2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Griffin's Super Paints and Mods

Cool stuff man! I gotta find that Handful of Heroes pack, some nice stuff there. What is with the two bases for the Sentinel though?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff, Griff! I did a similar thing to my Iceman, I didn't use a wash, though, I did a drybrush. Yours looks a bit more "snowy," while mine looks more icy. I almost want to do that to my Iceman, now, hehe!

And I wondered about that Deadpool. How's the scale on him? It's a good looking figure, but I always thought the Handful of Heroes packs were generally a bit bigger then 'Scape size.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Cool stuff man! I gotta find that Handful of Heroes pack, some nice stuff there. What is with the two bases for the Sentinel though?
Using two bases is a great way of basing Large or Huge figures without using a peanut base or double base. The two bases are separated to exactly match the length of a double base btw.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Cool stuff, Griff! I did a similar thing to my Iceman, I didn't use a wash, though, I did a drybrush. Yours looks a bit more "snowy," while mine looks more icy. I almost want to do that to my Iceman, now, hehe!

And I wondered about that Deadpool. How's the scale on him? It's a good looking figure, but I always thought the Handful of Heroes packs were generally a bit bigger then 'Scape size.
Yeah, I was going for snowy as that was how the original Iceman was drawn. Glad you liked him. I really just wanted to cover up his naked crotch and a white wash alone would not have been..... appropriate.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM

Oh, and the scale on most of these is great. Sometimes a bit bigger than Heroclix, but they work really well with Heroscape actual.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I've noticed that Heroclix can often be too small so if the Handful of Heroes is a bit bigger that works great.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I saw the Handful of Heroes as I was looking for Wave 9 in the clearance aisle (isn't that what WalMart is for?) and I thought of you guys.

Glad to see you made it work, Griff, they look great.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow excellent repaints!

Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

They all look amazing, Griff, but your Deadpool is my favorite. Great work. I'd love to see a step by step turtorial for dummies like me.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I was going to say the same, Deadpool

Wish I had the confidence to do some repaints. I just don't think mine would turn out half as good as what you've got picture here.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Sorry to be a bother, but do you think you could take a picture of Deadpool next to some other Clix/Scape figures?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations