Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zogross Hardscale

Updated the OP.

Old September 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Yup, they just can't attack Zogross directly (i.e. target/select him).
Hmm. Yeah I think that pushes the terminology a tad but I get it. Cool custom.
IMO, this should be in the Rules/Clarifications portion of the OP. It could come up quite a bit in games and such.

Other than that, he looks great! Nice job C3V!
I just think it is odd tosay that a figure cannot be attacked and yet he can be affected by an attack. It's like saying that because I had a flu shot, I am protected against the flu.... Unless the flu comes to me by way of a sneeze in which case I am not protected.
In retrospect, we should have used "target" instead of "attack" there. I take responsibility for missing that one.

Also, I think the OP should link to the gallery image here at 'Scapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

TW with the ninja-FAQ. Thanks, TW!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 1st, 2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: ermm, I take responsibility, too! Oops. Though I think the card & FAQ are correct, if not ideal.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yup, they just can't attack Zogross directly (i.e. target/select him).
Hmm. Yeah I think that pushes the terminology a tad but I get it. Cool custom.
IMO, this should be in the Rules/Clarifications portion of the OP. It could come up quite a bit in games and such.

Other than that, he looks great! Nice job C3V!
I just think it is odd tosay that a figure cannot be attacked and yet he can be affected by an attack. It's like saying that because I had a flu shot, I am protected against the flu.... Unless the flu comes to me by way of a sneeze in which case I am not protected.
I don't look at the power as a "magical effect" against attacks like a flu shot would be.

I see it as the whole theme of the card depicts. The Warriors or Protectors draw concentrated fire to themselves in order to protect Zogross, like jumping in front of the bullet. But if there is an explosion, it affects the whole area so the Warriors can't jump in front of the bullet to protect Zogross.
Oh absolutely! The theme is totally there and that's what makes this wording worth risking the oddity. You guys nailed the theme on all of these. Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:31 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Oh absolutely! The theme is totally there and that's what makes this wording worth risking the oddity. You guys nailed the theme on all of these. Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen.
Thanks GB, that compliment means a lot coming from someone with your pedigree.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; September 1st, 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I am also glad our silent partner is happy with the results
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Thanks GB, that compliment means a lot coming from someone with your pedigree.
I couldn't agree more with ZB.
Thanks, GB!
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yep, he just can't be the target for an attack in that case.
Quote:
The goal is to avoid being able to purposefully target him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
In retrospect, we should have used "target" instead of "attack" there.
Attacks which doesn't target a figure.
Rhogar Dragonspine's Dragon Breath, where you don't target a figure, but must choose 3 spaces.
Mimring's Fire Line, where you don't target a figure, but must choose 8 spaces.
Can you hit Zogross with those attacks if engaged with him and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?

Earth Elemental's Earth Slaw, where you don't target nor choose anything.
Can it be used if engaged with Zogross and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?

Pelloth's Lolth's Wrath, where there is no targeting involved (read QA in his book);
Can it be used against Zogross if Pelloth is engaged with Zogross and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Off hand, I'd say in the first three cases, he can be affected, but not in the last. But I'd like to see what others say.

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:21 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

From the most recent FAQ.

Quote:
Who is the target of Lolth's Wrath Special Attack? Can Pelloth use Lolth's Wrath while engaged?
There is no targeting involved because the Drow is “chosen” not “targeted”. While Pelloth is engaged, he can only use Lolth’s Wrath to affect figures he's engaged with. Once Pelloth is no longer engaged, he can apply additional skulls to other figures
Well, it doesn't say that it attacks the affected figure either.
Quote:
One at a time, for each skull rolled, you may inflict 1 wound on a small or medium figure...
I don't see why Lolth's Wrath would not bypass this power.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yep, he just can't be the target for an attack in that case.
Quote:
The goal is to avoid being able to purposefully target him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
In retrospect, we should have used "target" instead of "attack" there.
Attacks which doesn't target a figure.
Rhogar Dragonspine's Dragon Breath, where you don't target a figure, but must choose 3 spaces.
Mimring's Fire Line, where you don't target a figure, but must choose 8 spaces.
Can you hit Zogross with those attacks if engaged with him and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?

Earth Elemental's Earth Slaw, where you don't target nor choose anything.
Can it be used if engaged with Zogross and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?

Pelloth's Lolth's Wrath, where there is no targeting involved (read QA in his book);
Can it be used against Zogross if Pelloth is engaged with Zogross and one or more Warriors or Protectors you control who follow Ullar ?
My personal opinion is that if it ain't targeted, it can be damaged (and, in fact, if I had another shot at this power, I would push for "target" being right there in the wording). But don't take that as authoritative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:06 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Post Re: The Book of Zogross Hardscale

First, can Braxas target Zogross with her Acid Breath ability since it is not an attack?

Second, let me come up with some examples to make sure I understand this.

A) Syvaris is completely unengaged, six spaces away from Zogross, who is surrounded by friendly Armoc Vipers. Syvaris may attack and potentially inflict wounds on Zogross.

B) Siege is adjacent to and engaged with Zogross. Two Protectors of Ullar are adjacent to Zogross, but not adjacent to Siege. Siege may attack and potentially inflict wounds on Zogross.

C) Agent Carr is engaged with Saylind, four spaces away from Zogross, who stands alone. Agent Carr may not attack Zogross because he is engaged with the Saylind (standard rules of engagement).

D) Sgt. Drake Alexander is engaged with and adjacent to a Warrior of Ashra and Zogross. Sgt. Drake Alexander may not attack Zogross per Tribal Protection.

E) Othkurik is engaged with and adjacent to a Greenscale Warrior and Zogross. Othkurik may not target Zogross with his normal attack, but he may use his acid breath attack on the Greenscale Warrior and select Zogross as a secondary target, thereby potentially inflicting wounds on the Greenscale Warrior.

Is that about right?
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

5/5, capsocrates.

Braxas can target Zogross because it's not an attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs