Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
johnny139's Classic Customs - Cyberpunk Sniper (8/17/14)

So, I had a custom thread a long, LONG time ago - half a dozen years or so. But I figured since I'm getting in with Valhalla Customs, have a lot more playtesting and design experience, am buying miniatures, and all that... I thought I'd get my customs together and maybe, ideally, eventually aim for an SoV nomination! So let's see what I've got!

LATEST CUSTOMS

AGENT KAGAMI

#034/035/036 - Silver Sable from Heroclix: Mutant Mayhem

The oft-ignored genre of cyberpunk lends itself well to Heroscape's tradition of sci-fi spies and agents, so introducing Agent Kagami, inspired by the classic Ghost in the Shell series of films, comics, and more!

Her cloaking technology allows her to sneak past enemy lines easily, though her cover is blown if she's not careful; the goal is to get into position for her Surgical Strike and blow an important figure away in one hit. Once she's taken her shot, though, her suit will power down and leave her defenseless... so you'd better not miss!

The Silver Sable figure isn't perfect, but it's cheap and widely available and it fits the overall theme of a futuristic lady with a big, powerful gun. Keeping my eyes peeled for a good alternative, though...

--------------------------------------------------

AEGIS HERRED OFFICERS
Spoiler Alert!

ALKEIDES
Spoiler Alert!

UNHALLOWED TITAN
Spoiler Alert!

KEEMA
Spoiler Alert!

TOMA MAAT
Spoiler Alert!

LT. SCOTT WEAVER
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by johnny139; November 8th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: johnny139's Classic Custom Thread!

My first impression was that Toma Maat might be overpriced, but perhaps not. While his range is not massive, with stealth leap it could put a number of opposing figures in his threat range in the right conditions. It's not flying and range, but it's the next best thing.

I think the first sentence of Pilots Cockpit might need to read "If Lt Scott Weaver would receive only one wound from a normal attack and has at least one unrevealed order marker, ..."

As is, it is possible to put him in favourable position such as a chokepoint or on a glyph, and then never put an order marker on him again. That said, he is worth a lot of points to be a doorstop. And it is only half the time, so maybe I'm overexaggerating. I don't like abilities that may actively discourage you to use a unit, but that is just personal preference.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: johnny139's Classic Custom Thread!

That's a good suggestion, actually - I hadn't considered the "camping" approach, and it's definitely something to be avoided here. I don't think it would make much of a balance issue, but it's to be discouraged either way.

And thematically I can handwave it pretty well.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Mermaid (4/14/13)

New custom! Bring on the Mermaid!

KEEMA

Mermaid from Dungeon Crawler Fantasy Miniatures

Placeholder image, obviously, until some shots of the painted versions come in... or the miniature itself is released. I'll probably be choosing the Kickstarter Paint version, so that'll likely end up on the final card.

I wanted a terrain-unit with utility, so I drew pretty heavily from Mika Connour, who gets bonuses from terrain and can shape the battlefield herself. Hopefully I'll play around with her a bit today... see how she feels.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:42 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
New custom! Bring on the Mermaid!

KEEMA

Mermaid from Dungeon Crawler Fantasy Miniatures

Placeholder image, obviously, until some shots of the painted versions come in... or the miniature itself is released. I'll probably be choosing the Kickstarter Paint version, so that'll likely end up on the final card.

I wanted a terrain-unit with utility, so I drew pretty heavily from Mika Connour, who gets bonuses from terrain and can shape the battlefield herself. Hopefully I'll play around with her a bit today... see how she feels.
I like your ambition Johnny! I am hoping that Pathfinder will also release a mermaid miniature with their Skulls & Shackles set. If so then I am planning to make a squad. If not then I'll make a common/uncommon hero of her, anyway on to your design.

Working left to right, I would prefer Merfolk to Mer as species. Unique Hero is required for a named unit. Resolute works for the personality. Medium is right though she might be closer to 5. I guess we won't know for sure until November.

Keema is a fine name. Aquilla makes sense for the allegiance since she already has the Water Elemental. Aquatic and Water Tunnel are great. Call the Seas SA borrows enough from Mika Connor's Blend Into Shadows. There may be a potential corner case here, but I can't think of one off the top of my head though.

Statwise, 5 Life and 4 Attack might be too much for a mergirl. 3 Move, 1 Range, and 3 defense are right on. 80 points is right on for what you have, but if you drop her Life and Attack by one then I think she would fit at 70 points.

I like her but hopefully Pathfinder will give us another sculpt to work with. I would prefer to design squads than heroes especially unique heroes.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

What Super Bogue said.

Nice design, johnny. Call the Seas is perfect and can help out some water-dependant units or even the Vipers by slowing down their opponents (it also helps the GIE, oddly enough).
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Call The Seas is a nice ability, and I think any concerns I would have are balanced nicely. Having to destroy a figure means you can't just spam a moat near the beginning of the game and even if you do manage to destroy a clump of figures with her you only get 4 tiles to place.

My only concern is if there is a map that this ability might break, but I can't think of how... maybe getting 2 Water tiles adjacent to each other on different heights may close of access to double spaced figures and prevent them from moving. I'd say that would be a really rare case though.
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

I played some more casual games with her yesterday on Mole Hills - her army won both times, but that was more thanks to Q10 and the Krav than anything she did. The first game she went down a bit too easy (a cursed 1 movement roll stymied her getting into the pool), but in the second she was able to utilize her Water Tunnel to get right up in Raelin's face and deal a ton of wounds. Not enough to kill her, but Q10 was able to move next turn and finish her off.

She was never really able to get good use out of Call the Seas (destroying a figure and placing a tile, that is), but I may have been playing her too aggressively - shouldn't have gotten out of the water to play with height advantage, particularly since she can avoid leaving engagement attacks with Water Tunnel.

To keep her points down I'm considering lowering her Life by one - that sounds like a good call, Super Bogue, as she's pretty much a goner once caught either way. I'd like to keep her Attack as is, though, to only give it some more utility... I mean, that trident looks pretty pointy! I don't think it'd be unprecedented.

Thanks for the input, all - she was fun to play basically speaking, so hopefully with some more testing she'll be golden!
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Firbolg Skeleton (4/18

UNHALLOWED TITAN

Firbolg Skeleton from Dungeon Crawler Fantasy Miniatures [Double-Spaced]

I wanted a way to use my eventually-will-arrive Firbolg Skeletons - in their two different colors - in a way that encourages pairing them up, which would help keep them straight on the battlefield. So I came up with Warband, which lets Uncommon Heroes work in pairs... I'm afraid I'm missing some major mechanical loophole in my wording, though. I'm too used to C3G's language.

Cleave is essentially thematic (I mean LOOK at that sword!), but also helps give them better squad-eliminating power, which is always something I like to see.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe let Warband be used on other Large or Huge Undead Heroes? That leaves some options open. Zombie Hulk Tag Team?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think the wording looks okay. Greygnarl's idea is good and bad at the same time.

Very cool custom, johnny. I think you might have overpriced him by 10-30 points. Think about what they would be priced as a 2-figure Unique Squad. In that case Warband would be a pretty prohibitive power for a 230 point 2-figure Unique Squad.

Spitballing power text:
After revealing an order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with this Unhallowed Titan, you may either:
*Take a turn with this Unhallowed Titan and one other Unhallowed Titan, during which they cannot attack.
Or
*Take a turn with this Unhallowed Titan and one other Unhallowed Titan, during which they cannot move.

The important thing is to make sure that
- no one is attacking on someone else's turn
- no one is taking a turn before someone else's turn has ended

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yeah, I think going with the bonding option would probably be the best option... I like the aesthetic of the power text I have right now, but it does interact with turns poorly.

As for pricing, I'm aiming more for the point range than the powerset. I'd probably up them to 6 Attack, maybe 4 Life? I'd like to go 115 or 125 (since those are 5-ending unused power points).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards