Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 5th, 2018, 06:26 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Zatanna (II)

The Book of Zatanna (II)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 59
PRESTO CHANGE-O

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

Alt Cards:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #028 / Zatanna.

Character Bio - Zatanna is a magician with great magical prowess, who casts spells in a rather quirky fashion by speaking backwards. She works her own magic shows on stage, and has been a member of the Justice League of America and Justice League Dark.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 01:03 AM. Reason: png
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:29 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Breathing)

NAME = ZATANNA
SECRET IDENTITY = ZATANNA ZATARA

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MAGICIAN
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 220

MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After combat dice are rolled for Zatanna or a friendly Unique Hero within 10 spaces of Zatanna, if they were not rolled for a special attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, change one die rolled to a blank.

TRAP DOOR TELEPORTATION
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control and instead of taking a turn with that Hero, you may immediately switch Zatanna and the Hero. After switching, take a turn with either Zatanna or that Hero, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Figures switched by Trap Door Teleportation never take any leaving engagement attacks.

SLEIGHT OF HAND
After a figure rolls defense dice against Zatanna's normal attack, if Zatanna has more blanks than the defending figure, the defending figure immediately receives one wound.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Zatanna is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Zatanna can take for this attack is one.

FLYING

Last edited by Arkham; December 17th, 2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:29 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; December 15th, 2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I really dig your version of retirement.

So what's your line of thought on the first power? Are you looking to set up Justice League Dark stuff? Or are you still looking at some of the elemental spell stuff you were way back when?
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I really dig your version of retirement.

So what's your line of thought on the first power? Are you looking to set up Justice League Dark stuff? Or are you still looking at some of the elemental spell stuff you were way back when?
Legit at that retirement comment. It comes and goes.

This one is going to still need some designing, so I'm not expecting to fast track this, but I like the base of what I had before.

It was suggested at one point to go with:
Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
Each time Zatanna casts a common spell, before discarding that common spell, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if it is a common Elemental Control spell. On a roll of 9 or higher, do not discard that common spell.
As the 3rd power, and accompany her with some elemental spells that I had a lot of excitement about. However, that was pre-spells release, and really...I haven't even adopted spells into my games. It's not that I don't like them or think they were executed poorly, not at all... I think it comes down to the fact that my friends and I hardly play any more, so it's really not worth adding the new feature at this point.

With that said, I think I'd prefer to not go with a spell focused design for her 2nd version. I want a Justice League friendly version here, be it standard Justice League or Justice League Dark. I could go either way, or both really.

So I'm open to suggestions, but ultimately, that's where I'm at currently with the design. I've held her off long enough due to not wanting to have to do 5+ spells to get her to where I wanted her, I'd prefer a simplified approach, and have the core of the character represented on the card itself.
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Very pleasant surprise to see this thread get started up. No qualms from me if you want to not focus this design on spells in anyway, Magical Defense is all that is needed to be covered. I'm really digging the trap door concept, an OM management with a surprise movement aspect. Could be difficult to maximize initially but really fun and powerful once it is mastered. The most obvious first combo will he to fly her up to HG, then let someone like Cable take her next turn from that perch. If you can engage with her and swap in Blob or Dr. Octopus for a surprise lock down that could prove valuable too. I'm sure more ideas will be generated in time.
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

As for the Dark Justice League stuff, maybe something that would make a future Constantine card a good ally for her? I can try to dig up the last Constantine card idea we had brainstormed if you want to take another look at it. It doesn't look like the ally that really wanted to run the design will ever do so, so perhaps I can run that design and release it with her sometime after the 10th Anniversary wave is out.
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:14 PM

The Trap Door power is absolutely what's kept me interested in the design from the start. I love the theme of it, and mechanically it can make for some interesting combos and strategies.

As for the 3rd power, and the card overall, I'm liking a focus on her personality as a zany magician. If we don't go with any sort of JLD synergy, I'd prefer to further play that up. Her first card was showing her power, this one I like being a bit more on the playful side. Personality over strength type of feel.

I feel like anybody who has gone up against Zatanna I, you fear her negation and once negated, you're left bummed. As the person playing her, that's really your main objective is to cripple your opponents by removing markers and negating etc. I'd like this one to elicit more of a "woah, that's cool" reaction.
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, don't feel her second card has to be a JLD focused design. Lots of design space for her and I would enjoy a new take on her that could play with anyone rather then in a focused group of characters.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If we want to do something that helps the JL Dark without being too over-the-top, what about something like this?

Quote:
When a friendly figure within X clear sight spaces of Zatanna rolls defense dice or attack dice for a normal attack, you may choose one die that does not show a blank and change the result to a blank.
Doesn't seem like much at first, but it feels magic-y to me, and it gives her synergies with figures that have blanks-as-skulls and blanks-as-shields effects. The former includes Frank and Zauriel, and the latter the Kryptonians, so there's some JL Dark and broader JL implications.

It could also be nice for Undead Resilience types (which again includes Frank) - there are times when you might actually want to take a shield away from them to bump them from taking 1 wound to 2, so that they'll heal off the damage.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:53 PM

I like that. Nice and simple, and it captures a theme that I was going for in her transforming things. We could even possibly keep that in mind when creating a couple of these other characters yet to be designed, to build in something blank related if we want.

I wonder if we should open it up to enemy figures too, maybe tie it to a once per round against an enemy, or tie it to an "X" reveal to work against an enemy or something?

The power I see it representing is her changing bullets into birds, bubbles, or paper airplanes etc.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Flash likes blanks for the JL hook, we could then have some of the undesigned JLD characters do something with blanks or d20's and they would like Constantine or Zatanna or both.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library