Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:03 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Speed

The Book of Speed

C3G MARVEL WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Chaos War set.
Its model number and name are #021 / Speed.

Character Bio - Tommy Shepherd was a juvenile delinquent who used his super powers to vaporize his high school and was placed in a S.H.I.E.L.D. detention facility for it. Vision found him as a candidate for Avengers membership in the Avengers Fail-Safe Program, and the Young Avengers busted him out of jail to join the team. To their surprise, Tommy looked eerily like Billy Kaplan, the Young Avenger known as Wiccan. Tommy joined the team as Speed, and discovered that he and Billy were reincarnations of the Scarlet Witch's children.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • When a Unique Rookie Hero you control is destroyed, you may activate Speed's Reluctant Avenger special power. Current Unique Rookie Heroes.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: png
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:03 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Speed - Design Phase

NAME = SPEED
SECRET IDENTITY = THOMAS SHEPHERD

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROOKIE
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 9
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 160

RELUCTANT AVENGER
When a Unique Rookie Hero you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from its card on this card. For the rest of the round, when Speed attacks an opponent's figure with any attack, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.

SUPERSPEED
Speed may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Speed, if he did not use his Molecular Destabilitation Special Attack this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

MOLECULAR DESTABILIZATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Destructible objects roll 3 fewer defense dice against this special attack, and all other figures roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack. If the defending figure is destroyed by this special attack, all figures other than Speed that were adjacent to the defending figure receive 1 wound.

Last edited by Ronin; January 6th, 2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:06 PM

Fairly straight-forward here, I think. Not totally sold on the SA, but the direction and the interaction between powers I like.

Biggest question for me right now is how people feel about a separate power modifying his SA. "Special Attacks are never modified" and all that. Thoughts?

Old April 4th, 2017, 01:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The SA being modified by another power is the first thing that popped out at me before reading your 3rd post. I'm not sure I want to start down that road of having a SA be modified by another power. How about just having him use the SA twice instead of boosting the SA roll? With an attack of 3 (-1 to def), getting to use it twice only when someone else dies isn't too concerning to me.
Old April 4th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Ooh, I like YK's suggestion for double-SA attacks, that sounds fun and gets around the SA boosting issue. Otherwise I like the design as-is.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:56 PM

I'm not as big on the double use of the SA, but I could live with it. I liked the idea of an SA that's not super great (I considered dropping it to 2 Attack and doubling the bonus), but gets better when he's pushing himself to avenge his allies. Would it work better for people if it didn't change the attack number and instead subtracted additional defense dice after a Young Avenger goes down?

Old April 9th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The "Young Avenger" power name is so on the nose it's kind of painful. Not a complaint, just an observation. Seems to fit the character, even if I can't specifically remember when he did something like that... but I find Speed kind of forgettable in general, to be honest...

Yeah, I'm definitely strongly against outside powers modifying special attacks (even if they're on the same card). No problem with extra dice being subtracted, though - it's a loophole, but it's more of an addendum to the attack than a true modification.
Old April 10th, 2017, 08:49 AM

Young Avenger is an old power name that I don't care for either, but I didn't have anything better. Totally open to suggestions there. Speed (who is definitely the most forgettable member) tends to be reluctant to helping out the team until things get serious and somebody gets hurt, at least the way I remember it.

How's everybody else feel about defense subtract instead of additional attack? @japes @Tornado any thoughts here?

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:08 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know the Young Avengers well. Only read one Free Comic Book Day issue.

I think the Defense reduction is my preferred option.

How about RELUCTANT AVENGER or RELUCTANT YOUNG AVENGER for the power name.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No real preference for me.
Old April 10th, 2017, 01:11 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Why not just move the bit about moding the special attack to the special attack itself? You could even broaden it out to include all Heroes and not just Rookies for reusability, since the first bit of 'Young Avenger' already pretty squarely ties him into his faction. Makes a fair bit of sense that way, as most good Speedsters tend to avoid the 'make your molecules explode' type stuff until they're backed into a corner.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I personally don't feel all that great about trying to skirt the rules as it relates to modifying a SA with another power. If I understand Soundwarps suggestion correctly, I like the idea of not being able to use the SA at all until a fellow rookie hero gets destroyed. That seems to fit his character well based on what I'm reading here about him being a forgettable and not very active member of the team. He just sits back with no or few OMs while the rest of the team does things, then once one of them goes down he jumps into action and uses his SA for the first time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library