Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 4th, 2017, 02:41 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Request for Workshopping:Forgotten Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4657

My ultimate goal is to make the map tournament worthy.(And possibly have @Sir Heroscape play on it in one of his videos if its reworked to a better caliber. )
The OP of this thread outlines my response perfectly...so I'll quote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all maps are competitive. This thread is a tool for both the fun and competitive maps. Feel free to workshop a map to work out kinks, but don't feel it has to be submitted for a competitive review, because even with tweaking, some maps are just not going to have a place in tournament play. Don't feel discouraged if after workshopping the map we still don't feel it is a competitive map; Heroscape is primarily a game of fun, and plenty of maps that don't make it to the competitive scene still see a lot of casual play.
I believe this is the case here. Your map is fundamentally flawed by its design for Competitve play in tournaments, BUT please don't be offended by that because it's still a great map and I love how you've built the castle with such limited terrain! I really like the design and will definitely use this in multiplayer games, scenarios or casual games...it's just that there is a certain standard a map needs to meet in order to be competitive and Tournament balanced and the core of your map design doesn't support that. If you'd like we can help you tweak it in areas you think need improvement for casual play?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla