Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 15th, 2012, 02:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Superfrog's Customs - Two Thralls 11/12

These may vary from balanced to unbalanced, from polished to drafts, but I hope you all enjoy them.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by superfrog; November 12th, 2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: miniature information
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs

Is the image not working? If not, I'll try something else.
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Concentrated Smash would work better as a Special Attack IMO.

His species should be Ettin, and will need a different Class.

Nice custom.
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a good design. Loner is a very thematic power. I have a couple of suggestions:

1) I believe that Ettin is a kind of Giant like Drow is a kind of Elf, so I would change his class to something like Pulverishers or Brute or Savage etc.

2) Did you use MSE for the card? If so try moving the figure image up a bit.

3) Instead of Double Attack, how about a variant that makes you attack a different figure with each attack. Something like, "When Nothir attacks, he may attack one additional time. Nothir cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn."
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thanks MegaSilver and SuperBogue!

I am planning on changing the species (thanks for the info!!!). That was a last minute change, he was originally an Ettin with a class of Brute.

I like the change from double attack, will implement that.

GIMP makes it pretty easy to move the image, so will do as well.

My chief concern with this custom is the Concentrated Smash power. Thematically, it makes sense to make it only possible once per turn, rather than twice, but that could be added in the wording pretty easily. I am hesitant to make it a special attack, because I like the interaction with a height advantage, and if I made it a special attack, with 2 attack, it would never be used, and if I made it attack 3 it would nearly always be used.

Any thoughts on how to reconcile that?
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Thanks MegaSilver and SuperBogue!

I am planning on changing the species (thanks for the info!!!). That was a last minute change, he was originally an Ettin with a class of Brute.

I like the change from double attack, will implement that.

GIMP makes it pretty easy to move the image, so will do as well.

My chief concern with this custom is the Concentrated Smash power. Thematically, it makes sense to make it only possible once per turn, rather than twice, but that could be added in the wording pretty easily. I am hesitant to make it a special attack, because I like the interaction with a height advantage, and if I made it a special attack, with 2 attack, it would never be used, and if I made it attack 3 it would nearly always be used.

Any thoughts on how to reconcile that?
Well, if Concentrated Smash SA (with 3 attack) can only be used once and there were two adjacent figures, I would choose the revised double attack of 5. I think Concentrated Smash would work best as a special attack with an attack of 3 and only one attack.

The current wording of Loner seems to create an unfinished situation. It states that if you roll lower than a 5, then you must attack a friendly figure if possible. If you do roll lower than a 5, but it is not possible to attack a friendly figure, then what happens? Can he not attack, or may he attack normally?

One possibility to simplify the revised double attack and the loner power is to simply give him a power which requires him to attack all adjacent figures. With two heads and arms, its possible, and would discourage adjacent friendly figures just as much. Loner will usually never come into play anyway because a reasonable player will separate his figures from Nothir without too much difficulty.

His name sounds like "Not here," and reminds me of Odysseus, the Cyclops, and "Nobody".

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
This is merely a joke.

The risk of attacking a friendly figure with Loner as the power stands now is small enough to come into play sometimes.

Loner should now read: "Before each attack with Nothir, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, you must attack a friendly figure with your next attack, if possible. If it is not possible, you may choose the target for your attack."

Instead of double attack, he will have Two Heads: "When Nothir attacks with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time with his normal attack. Nothir cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn."

And Concentrated Smash will be a Special attack: "Attack 3. Range 1. All skulls rolled count as one additional hit."

Left box will now be: "Ettin/Unique Hero/Brute/Wild/Huge 8"

Thanks everybody! I'll post an updated card.
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs -- Goblin Hero 6/20

Krall Ironhelm added in the OP.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs -- Psion added 7/2 -- Feedback Wante

Shaedak added in the OP.

Again, my lack of D&D knowledge shows through. Should his race be "Goblin", like the Cutters and HSBs, or "Blue"?
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs -- Psion added 7/2 -- Feedback Wante

Guran Demt added in the OP.
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Mariedan added 7/6 - Feedback Want

Guran Demt is pretty good. I don't like the "Scrappy" power because it happens outside the regular order of play and can potentially let you make four attacks before anyone has revealed order markers. I'd drop that particular power. The rest looks good to me.
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Mariedan added 7/6 - Feedback Want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Guran Demt is pretty good. I don't like the "Scrappy" power because it happens outside the regular order of play and can potentially let you make four attacks before anyone has revealed order markers. I'd drop that particular power. The rest looks good to me.
I disagree. I think Scrappy is a neat idea. It does cause problems though. Maybe make it an X activated power? Leave out the colored wording to your preference.

Scrappy
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Guran Demt, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on Guran Demt's Army Card to use Scrappy. Roll one attack die for each small or medium figure engaged with Guran Demt, one at a time. If you roll a skull, that figure receives one unblockable wound.

I think Shooting Spree needs a different name or just make it DW7K's Rapid Fire Special Attack. I don't like the 4 attack limit, but if he had height + attack glyph + Taelord, it could be unstoppable. That's why making it a SA would fix that problem.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards