Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 14th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Leaf_It's customs.

Compare the last edit date on this post, with the latest posts to see if I have updated recently.

Welcome to my customs thread.

---- ----
Designs intended for the SoV
Spoiler Alert!

Designs for Fun:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Leaf_It; April 7th, 2022 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Updated various things...
Old October 14th, 2016, 06:55 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Wow, these are some really great ideas!!

Untitled # 3 (sort of teleport on d20) is pretty cool and I like Drag & Drop. Keep the good ideas flowing.
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like Jump Back. Good for skirmishers attacking a figure with no Order Markers on it while on the move.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 16th, 2016, 01:48 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks guys. I enjoy coming up with stuff like this. I'm hoping to get something into the SoV some day.
Old October 17th, 2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Name: Maltis Tez
General: Aquilla
Species: Hybrid
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Scout
Personality: Fearless
Size: Medium 5

Life: 3
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

RUNNING JUMP
Instead of his normal move, if the first 3 spaces are in a straight line, and on the same level, Maltis Tez may use running jump. Running Jump has a move of 3. For the next 3 spaces, ignore elevations. Maltis Tez may jump over water without stopping, pass over small or medium figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Maltis Tez may not jump more than 10 levels up or down. If Maltis Tez is engaged before starting to jump, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.

JUMP BACK
If Maltis Tez ends their move adjacent to an enemy figure, before or after attacking, you may move Maltis Tez 1 additional space that is not adjacent to that same enemy figure. Maltis Tez Never takes leaving engagement attacks when using Jump Back.

LUNGE FORWARD
Once per turn, after moving Maltis Tez at least 2 spaces in a straight line, if the move ended adjacent to an enemy figure, roll 1 additional attack die.
Matlis is a very mobile figure but he seems lack the punch of a 100-point hero. I'd put him more at 50-points. If you bump his life up to 5, I'd put him at 90 as is.

Maybe change JUMP BACK to ACROBATICS or TUMBLING so as not to confuse Jump Back and Running Jump.

For Lunge Forward - maybe borrow First Assault from Valguard.http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8588

FIRST ASSAULT 3
When attacking with Valguard, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Valguard at the start of this turn, Valguard receives 3 additional attack dice.

It would be a big bump from your +1 for Lunge forward but, as proposed, Matlis is a 100-point figure with an attack of 3 (4 with height). I'd rather have another squad of Mohican's for that.

With Life 5 and First Assault 3, I'd think he's be around 100 points. He still doesn't bond but he's highly mobile and a good assassin for a "leaping through the air" with 5 attack.
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Matlis is a very mobile figure but he seems lack the punch of a 100-point hero. I'd put him more at 50-points. If you bump his life up to 5, I'd put him at 90 as is.

Maybe change JUMP BACK to ACROBATICS or TUMBLING so as not to confuse Jump Back and Running Jump.

For Lunge Forward - maybe borrow First Assault from Valguard.http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8588

FIRST ASSAULT 3
When attacking with Valguard, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Valguard at the start of this turn, Valguard receives 3 additional attack dice.

It would be a big bump from your +1 for Lunge forward but, as proposed, Matlis is a 100-point figure with an attack of 3 (4 with height). I'd rather have another squad of Mohican's for that.

With Life 5 and First Assault 3, I'd think he's be around 100 points. He still doesn't bond but he's highly mobile and a good assassin for a "leaping through the air" with 5 attack.
I was going to put him at 60 - 80 points, but I was worried that I was just bad at figuring points.

I'm thinking of naming Jump Back "Evasion Instinct"

I might increase Forward lunge to 2 additional attack die, but I feel that 3 is too powerful. I don't really want him to be a 100 point character, and I'm glad no one else thinks he should be.
Old October 17th, 2016, 03:39 PM

I like the +2 for Lunge better. I don't think I would bring him off the shelf with only a +1 (I'd rather have Zetacron).

With his mobility, he likely has height advantage so it is an attack of 5 which is solid for a 60-point figure. With only 3 life and 3 defense, he might fall pretty quickly to range (once he engages) but he's a supporting hero so that's okay.
Old October 20th, 2016, 02:53 AM

Alright, I have 2 new Customs to share. I wanted Drow support, but I didn't want generic bonding.(ex: take a turn with another drow hero/squad you control) They're not not final, but here's how they currently are:

GLAURAD
Spoiler Alert!

XILARTH
Spoiler Alert!

No card image yet. Let me know what you think. I'm bad with points so tell me if you think they sound right.

Edit: to avoid double posting, I have altered the wording, and stats of the two customs. Most notably, Xilarth no longer has Prejudice, and now has Assassinate, which I feel is much more thematic, and fits the Drow species more.

Edit2: Reworked Guard of the drow so that it uses a d20.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 28th, 2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old November 15th, 2016, 06:41 PM

aka_sketch is surprisingly tart

These are awesome! Way to go. Do you have miniatures for the ones without pictures?

Check out my custom army cards!

My little brother always beats me. I'm very sad.
Old November 15th, 2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_sketch View Post
These are awesome! Way to go. Do you have miniatures for the ones without pictures?
Yes. or rather, I have ordered them, but they haven't arrived yet. I will update them once I have pictures.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:04 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maltis Tez
I'm liking the changes you made with this guy. Finding good climbing powers is always tough. I came up with one a while back that may work. You are welcome to use it if you want:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
MOUNTAIN SCALING 4
All Ramriders of the Gray Mountains may add 4 to their move value. This additional movement may only be used when moving up elevations
I otherwise find it a little weird that he can basically net movement if he moves up exactly 2. Evasion Instinct plays nicely with his hybrid nature and is a cool power to boot. It will probably still be a little tough to keep up first assault with him (and he'll crumble when you can't), but he looks like a lot of fun for a 50 point hero.

Glaurad

He's a pretty cool design and he gives the drow quite a bit more added defense. They can potentially ignore a ton of wounds between him and their shadow ability. I don't quite get thematically how he's guarding the drow in this case. Unfortunately there is really no concept of "towards" in heroscape so his power doesn't quite work in that respect. Maybe you could cut out that complication and trim the wording by just placing him next to the guarded drow. Cursed Blade does feel a little off that it is an upside for the roll. You can accomplish about the same thing if you gave him 6 attack and had him subtract 3 if he rolled below a certain number. With that attack alone he may be better served in a Guard build for those points than trying to play body guard to the drow.

Xilrath

I guess this assassin just oozes shadow but that doesn't quite explain why certain terrain tiles would count as dungeon tiles. It's a little strange that this protects against lava field tiles as well but I guess shadows can have a soothing effect. It does feel a little odd that an assassin is such a protective unit but I guess it makes sense if it just so happens to be dark around him (in a way that only certain things can take advantage of). For gameplay, I'd consider moving your assassinate roll to before you move. It feels less tricky and more like blind luck to run out and hope to get a big hit against your target. Instead, you can plan your turn accordingly knowing whether or not you can assassinate your target.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Maltis Tez
I'm liking the changes you made with this guy. Finding good climbing powers is always tough. I came up with one a while back that may work. You are welcome to use it if you want:

Quote:
MOUNTAIN SCALING 4
All Ramriders of the Gray Mountains may add 4 to their move value. This additional movement may only be used when moving up elevations
I otherwise find it a little weird that he can basically net movement if he moves up exactly 2. Evasion Instinct plays nicely with his hybrid nature and is a cool power to boot. It will probably still be a little tough to keep up first assault with him (and he'll crumble when you can't), but he looks like a lot of fun for a 50 point hero.

Glaurad

He's a pretty cool design and he gives the drow quite a bit more added defense. They can potentially ignore a ton of wounds between him and their shadow ability. I don't quite get thematically how he's guarding the drow in this case. Unfortunately there is really no concept of "towards" in heroscape so his power doesn't quite work in that respect. Maybe you could cut out that complication and trim the wording by just placing him next to the guarded drow. Cursed Blade does feel a little off that it is an upside for the roll. You can accomplish about the same thing if you gave him 6 attack and had him subtract 3 if he rolled below a certain number. With that attack alone he may be better served in a Guard build for those points than trying to play body guard to the drow.

Xilrath

I guess this assassin just oozes shadow but that doesn't quite explain why certain terrain tiles would count as dungeon tiles. It's a little strange that this protects against lava field tiles as well but I guess shadows can have a soothing effect. It does feel a little odd that an assassin is such a protective unit but I guess it makes sense if it just so happens to be dark around him (in a way that only certain things can take advantage of). For gameplay, I'd consider moving your assassinate roll to before you move. It feels less tricky and more like blind luck to run out and hope to get a big hit against your target. Instead, you can plan your turn accordingly knowing whether or not you can assassinate your target.
I like that climbing ability. I was wondering how I could add the additional movement from the beginning of the move, instead of only after they have moved up a set number of levels.

Yeah, when I ran Xilarth and Glaurad through the Pre-SoV workshop, I re-designed them a bit, I just haven't updated this thread yet. Xilarth doesn't do anything with dungeon tiles anymore.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 23rd, 2016 at 06:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards