Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 14th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: OCT. 1, 2018]

Compare the last edit date on this post, with the latest posts to see if I have updated recently.


Maltis Tez (Aquilla) Unique
Spoiler Alert!


Drow Assassin (Utgar) Common
Spoiler Alert!



---- ----
The designs below are unfinished, but have had some testing. I have many custom ideas. The ones that I think are good enough/would make sense in classic scape, are posted here in the hopes that someday they will reach a state in which I feel comfortable submitting them to the SoV.

I would like feedback in any form you are willing to give, but keep in mind that I don't want to drastically change any of these designs unless I have to. Still, if you think you have a better idea for the theme or design of one of my customs, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

I have an approximate price range in which I think these customs fall. In you think that my price range is off, please let me know.

In no particular order, here are the Customs that I would like to eventually submit to the SoV.

Ninjas
Spoiler Alert!


Drow Cheerleader

Spoiler Alert!


Dwarves
Spoiler Alert!


Gargoyles (
WATCHERS OF GILMUUND)
Spoiler Alert!


Specters of Aldorn

Spoiler Alert!


Elf (
FAYLIA LYSARIS)
Spoiler Alert!


Knight Filler (WILLIAM GARMUND)
Spoiler Alert!


Soulborg (VULCANMECH STRIKER)
Spoiler Alert!


Spiders of Lolth
Spoiler Alert!


Hellhounds
Spoiler Alert!




Please let me know what you think. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 19th, 2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Updated Hounds of Perdition.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 14th, 2016, 07:55 PM
obfuscatedhippo's Avatar
obfuscatedhippo obfuscatedhippo is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2009
Location: USA - WA - Seattle
Posts: 1,395
Images: 28
obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Wow, these are some really great ideas!!

Untitled # 3 (sort of teleport on d20) is pretty cool and I like Drag & Drop. Keep the good ideas flowing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:36 PM
TheAverageFan's Avatar
TheAverageFan TheAverageFan is offline
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion
 
Join Date: December 17, 2009
Location: USA - OH - West Chester
Posts: 2,103
Images: 276
TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

I like Jump Back. Good for skirmishers attacking a figure with no Order Markers on it while on the move.

~TAF
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 16th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Thanks guys. I enjoy coming up with stuff like this. I'm hoping to get something into the SoV some day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:58 PM
obfuscatedhippo's Avatar
obfuscatedhippo obfuscatedhippo is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2009
Location: USA - WA - Seattle
Posts: 1,395
Images: 28
obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Quote:
Name: Maltis Tez
General: Aquilla
Species: Hybrid
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Scout
Personality: Fearless
Size: Medium 5

Life: 3
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3
Points: 100? (I'm bad at points)

RUNNING JUMP
Instead of his normal move, if the first 3 spaces are in a straight line, and on the same level, Maltis Tez may use running jump. Running Jump has a move of 3. For the next 3 spaces, ignore elevations. Maltis Tez may jump over water without stopping, pass over small or medium figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Maltis Tez may not jump more than 10 levels up or down. If Maltis Tez is engaged before starting to jump, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.

JUMP BACK
If Maltis Tez ends their move adjacent to an enemy figure, before or after attacking, you may move Maltis Tez 1 additional space that is not adjacent to that same enemy figure. Maltis Tez Never takes leaving engagement attacks when using Jump Back.

LUNGE FORWARD
Once per turn, after moving Maltis Tez at least 2 spaces in a straight line, if the move ended adjacent to an enemy figure, roll 1 additional attack die.
Matlis is a very mobile figure but he seems lack the punch of a 100-point hero. I'd put him more at 50-points. If you bump his life up to 5, I'd put him at 90 as is.

Maybe change JUMP BACK to ACROBATICS or TUMBLING so as not to confuse Jump Back and Running Jump.

For Lunge Forward - maybe borrow First Assault from Valguard.http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8588

FIRST ASSAULT 3
When attacking with Valguard, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Valguard at the start of this turn, Valguard receives 3 additional attack dice.

It would be a big bump from your +1 for Lunge forward but, as proposed, Matlis is a 100-point figure with an attack of 3 (4 with height). I'd rather have another squad of Mohican's for that.

With Life 5 and First Assault 3, I'd think he's be around 100 points. He still doesn't bond but he's highly mobile and a good assassin for a "leaping through the air" with 5 attack.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 17th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Matlis is a very mobile figure but he seems lack the punch of a 100-point hero. I'd put him more at 50-points. If you bump his life up to 5, I'd put him at 90 as is.

Maybe change JUMP BACK to ACROBATICS or TUMBLING so as not to confuse Jump Back and Running Jump.

For Lunge Forward - maybe borrow First Assault from Valguard.http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8588

FIRST ASSAULT 3
When attacking with Valguard, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Valguard at the start of this turn, Valguard receives 3 additional attack dice.

It would be a big bump from your +1 for Lunge forward but, as proposed, Matlis is a 100-point figure with an attack of 3 (4 with height). I'd rather have another squad of Mohican's for that.

With Life 5 and First Assault 3, I'd think he's be around 100 points. He still doesn't bond but he's highly mobile and a good assassin for a "leaping through the air" with 5 attack.
I was going to put him at 60 - 80 points, but I was worried that I was just bad at figuring points.

I'm thinking of naming Jump Back "Evasion Instinct"

I might increase Forward lunge to 2 additional attack die, but I feel that 3 is too powerful. I don't really want him to be a 100 point character, and I'm glad no one else thinks he should be.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:39 PM
obfuscatedhippo's Avatar
obfuscatedhippo obfuscatedhippo is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2009
Location: USA - WA - Seattle
Posts: 1,395
Images: 28
obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

I like the +2 for Lunge better. I don't think I would bring him off the shelf with only a +1 (I'd rather have Zetacron).

With his mobility, he likely has height advantage so it is an attack of 5 which is solid for a 60-point figure. With only 3 life and 3 defense, he might fall pretty quickly to range (once he engages) but he's a supporting hero so that's okay.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 20th, 2016, 03:53 AM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Alright, I have 2 new Customs to share. I wanted Drow support, but I didn't want generic bonding.(ex: take a turn with another drow hero/squad you control) They're not not final, but here's how they currently are:

GLAURAD
Spoiler Alert!


XILARTH
Spoiler Alert!

No card image yet. Let me know what you think. I'm bad with points so tell me if you think they sound right.

Edit: to avoid double posting, I have altered the wording, and stats of the two customs. Most notably, Xilarth no longer has Prejudice, and now has Assassinate, which I feel is much more thematic, and fits the Drow species more.

Edit2: Reworked Guard of the drow so that it uses a d20.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 28th, 2016 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 15th, 2016, 07:41 PM
aka_sketch aka_sketch is offline
 
Join Date: December 16, 2015
Location: USA - CA - Fresno (Sunnyside)
Posts: 8
aka_sketch is surprisingly tart
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

These are awesome! Way to go. Do you have miniatures for the ones without pictures?

Check out my custom army cards!

My little brother always beats me. I'm very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_sketch View Post
These are awesome! Way to go. Do you have miniatures for the ones without pictures?
Yes. or rather, I have ordered them, but they haven't arrived yet. I will update them once I have pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Ixe's Avatar
Ixe Ixe is offline
 
Join Date: August 21, 2013
Location: USA - MD - Sparks
Posts: 1,876
Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Maltis Tez
I'm liking the changes you made with this guy. Finding good climbing powers is always tough. I came up with one a while back that may work. You are welcome to use it if you want:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
MOUNTAIN SCALING 4
All Ramriders of the Gray Mountains may add 4 to their move value. This additional movement may only be used when moving up elevations
I otherwise find it a little weird that he can basically net movement if he moves up exactly 2. Evasion Instinct plays nicely with his hybrid nature and is a cool power to boot. It will probably still be a little tough to keep up first assault with him (and he'll crumble when you can't), but he looks like a lot of fun for a 50 point hero.

Glaurad

He's a pretty cool design and he gives the drow quite a bit more added defense. They can potentially ignore a ton of wounds between him and their shadow ability. I don't quite get thematically how he's guarding the drow in this case. Unfortunately there is really no concept of "towards" in heroscape so his power doesn't quite work in that respect. Maybe you could cut out that complication and trim the wording by just placing him next to the guarded drow. Cursed Blade does feel a little off that it is an upside for the roll. You can accomplish about the same thing if you gave him 6 attack and had him subtract 3 if he rolled below a certain number. With that attack alone he may be better served in a Guard build for those points than trying to play body guard to the drow.

Xilrath

I guess this assassin just oozes shadow but that doesn't quite explain why certain terrain tiles would count as dungeon tiles. It's a little strange that this protects against lava field tiles as well but I guess shadows can have a soothing effect. It does feel a little odd that an assassin is such a protective unit but I guess it makes sense if it just so happens to be dark around him (in a way that only certain things can take advantage of). For gameplay, I'd consider moving your assassinate roll to before you move. It feels less tricky and more like blind luck to run out and hope to get a big hit against your target. Instead, you can plan your turn accordingly knowing whether or not you can assassinate your target.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 23rd, 2016, 03:38 PM
Leaf_It's Avatar
Leaf_It Leaf_It is offline
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: USA - Utah
Posts: 772
Images: 4
Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Maltis Tez
I'm liking the changes you made with this guy. Finding good climbing powers is always tough. I came up with one a while back that may work. You are welcome to use it if you want:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
MOUNTAIN SCALING 4
All Ramriders of the Gray Mountains may add 4 to their move value. This additional movement may only be used when moving up elevations
I otherwise find it a little weird that he can basically net movement if he moves up exactly 2. Evasion Instinct plays nicely with his hybrid nature and is a cool power to boot. It will probably still be a little tough to keep up first assault with him (and he'll crumble when you can't), but he looks like a lot of fun for a 50 point hero.

Glaurad

He's a pretty cool design and he gives the drow quite a bit more added defense. They can potentially ignore a ton of wounds between him and their shadow ability. I don't quite get thematically how he's guarding the drow in this case. Unfortunately there is really no concept of "towards" in heroscape so his power doesn't quite work in that respect. Maybe you could cut out that complication and trim the wording by just placing him next to the guarded drow. Cursed Blade does feel a little off that it is an upside for the roll. You can accomplish about the same thing if you gave him 6 attack and had him subtract 3 if he rolled below a certain number. With that attack alone he may be better served in a Guard build for those points than trying to play body guard to the drow.

Xilrath

I guess this assassin just oozes shadow but that doesn't quite explain why certain terrain tiles would count as dungeon tiles. It's a little strange that this protects against lava field tiles as well but I guess shadows can have a soothing effect. It does feel a little odd that an assassin is such a protective unit but I guess it makes sense if it just so happens to be dark around him (in a way that only certain things can take advantage of). For gameplay, I'd consider moving your assassinate roll to before you move. It feels less tricky and more like blind luck to run out and hope to get a big hit against your target. Instead, you can plan your turn accordingly knowing whether or not you can assassinate your target.
I like that climbing ability. I was wondering how I could add the additional movement from the beginning of the move, instead of only after they have moved up a set number of levels.

Yeah, when I ran Xilarth and Glaurad through the Pre-SoV workshop, I re-designed them a bit, I just haven't updated this thread yet. Xilarth doesn't do anything with dungeon tiles anymore.




Last edited by Leaf_It; November 23rd, 2016 at 07:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abilities outside unit's turn -- The Definitive List davidlhsl Official Rules & FAQ's 6 October 16th, 2010 02:22 PM
Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion johnny139 Custom Units & Army Cards 64 May 21st, 2009 09:30 PM
Elf Archer's Custom Abilities and Units (New unit 6-5-08) Elf_Archer Custom Units & Army Cards 5 April 27th, 2008 12:30 AM
question on use of unit abilities Captain_Gerbil Official Rules & FAQ's 6 August 17th, 2007 01:58 PM
Abilities active for a unit's turn -- The Definitive List davidlhsl Official Rules & FAQ's 14 January 12th, 2007 04:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.