Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 12th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Sir Heroscape's Maps

Welcome to...My Maps!

Enjoy all sorts of fun large scale team maps/scenarios to the small, fast-paced scraps maps that I've got here. I try to make/create as many different types as possible.

Recently Added Map(s)

Download
Sets: SotM, TJ, FotA

Download
Sets: BftU, RotV

Map Archive

Large Scale Maps (W/o instructions)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; November 17th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:35 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: adoney's larger scale game maps

How long do your games tend to run?

Also, do you use scenarios or the classic "kill'em all"?
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:48 AM

Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Heroscape is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
How long do your games tend to run?

Also, do you use scenarios or the classic "kill'em all"?
Games tend to be 3-4 hours. Our longest game went 6 hours, and are shortest has been about 2 hours. So for a Saturday afternoon, on average it's not too bad for people to commit to.

As for game types, YES I do have scenarios...or rather, objective based game types. In fact, that's usually how we play. We do occasionally play "Kill em all", but I've found those games can be drawn out and slower...whereas objective based games with teams really creates a lot of strategy and planning as well as it allows the game to end within a reasonable time frame since the objective tends to be completed before everyone is killed off. Because a lot of the people I play with are mostly friends who are new to HS or from other games like DnD and 40K etc, I tend to keep the objectives pretty simple. I like to keep objectives team based as well: capturing the enemies glyph and returning it to your base...controlling the castle keep...castle defense...team to capture the most artifact glyphs. The last map that looks pretty flat and if you zoom in has zombies....that map we did a custom game type where we did a zombie apocolypse. Basically, (since I've got 5 squads of zombies) it was zombies vs everyone else, and zombies would respawn every round. The key was to kill 20 zombies total as a team and THEN the zombie boss was activated. He then came out, and the objective was to take him down in order to win. So yeah, we have a lot of fun

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; January 13th, 2016 at 03:13 AM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 07:42 AM

Here's some more game map pics... ENJOY!

Raid Upon Charos' Lair
Heroes embark on a journey from the beach landing toward the Dragon's lair to slay the mighty Charos and claim his treasure.

Spoiler Alert!

Battle of the Frozen Wellspring

Spoiler Alert!

Castle Defense

Spoiler Alert!

Battle of the Wellspring Marr

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 13th, 2016, 11:37 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The important thing is that you convinced a woman to play with you! Lucky...
My wife played with the kids and me...once.

This one is my favorite:

I also noticed the BYU Idaho t-shirt and the book on the piano. I'm a BYU-Provo grad!
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:47 PM

Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker

Cool stuff!!! I like the custom tundra trees on the maps! I would love to see more and hopefully play on one someday!

scaperedude is Warrior of Ashra...
in THE WAR FORGE
"Go Forth and Have No Fear!!!"
Old January 13th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You've got some pretty awesome maps. With all those castles I think I'd just draft a bunch of Protectors of Ullar every game. Flying + Range, and all that.

~TAF
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The important thing is that you convinced a woman to play with you! Lucky...
My wife played with the kids and me...once.

This one is my favorite:

I also noticed the BYU Idaho t-shirt and the book on the piano. I'm a BYU-Provo grad!
Thanks...that's one of my favorites as well! It was one of the few maps where every facet was used. Sometimes the bigger maps it's hard during game play to use all the fun things you throw in there, but it turned out really well. And yes, hahah, my wife loves to play with me... and a lot of the guys I play with will bring their wives along as well. We've got a really good group up here. And yes, going to school here at BYU-Idaho
Old January 21st, 2016, 06:15 AM

So our Heroscape game this weekend is Hunger Games (Catching Fire) based...and this is going to be the foundation of the map.

The cardboard is below the 2nd layer and allows us to rotate the top layer...just like in the movie. So it's going to be freaking legit having a moving map!

Thought ya'll would appreciate it cause we found a symmetrical way to build it so that each rotation is the same distance and consistent, and allows it to rotate smoothly. Let me know if you have any questions or anything. I'll have more pictures this weekend of the finished map.

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:32 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

We did something like this once, minus the spinny-ness. See my Map thread for the Catching Fire map and scenario.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 12:35 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That rotating map idea is brilliant. Way to take advantage of Heroscape's great innovative terrain system!
Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:22 PM

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks cool, I seen you made that sweet LOTR helms deep scenario as well. I look forward to building that one myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios