Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old March 27th, 2020, 09:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Online Heroscape Link Generator

I've had this linked in my signature for a while, but I've only made a handful of scattered posts about it on the forums, so here's a thread to point people to! I'll add FAQs in the OP here and I'd be glad to take suggestions on how to improve the sheet for general use.

To better understand how to use the spreadsheet, you should know how one of the prefilled links is built. Here's an example of a URL:

Quote:
https://www.heroscapers.com/ohs/index.php?log=5e7e9581948521585354113.html&gdoc=1TPy7txkExzKqkJLtNtZRkpMMnhUwUHvBgxHZvRlGsMU
The gray parts are there in every URL for every game. The blue part tells the website which chat log to pull up, and the magenta part tells the website what Google Drawing to pull up.

To make the sheet go, you have to tell it the name of your game, and the URL of your Google Drawing. The spreadsheet then takes the specific information it needs and glues it all together with the gray parts into one cohesive URL.

How to Set Up and Share a Game
  • Open heroscapers.com/ohs
  • In another tab, find a map you'd like to play on from Online Heroscape: Maps & Figures
  • Hit File > Make a copy and then close the original map
  • In another tab, open the spreadsheet
  • Copy and paste the URL of the map you're using into cell B1
  • Copy and paste the Finished Google Doc String from cell E3 into the appropriate box on the OHS site
  • Put in your username, leave the game name blank, and create the game.
  • Copy and paste the Game Name from newly created game to cell B5 of the spreadsheet.
  • At this point, cell B7 should be fully populated. It's now ready to copy and paste into a PM or Facebook message or email or discord server for anybody to enjoy.

Troubleshooting

My friend can't see the Google Drawing or is getting an error.
Go to the sharing settings and make sure it's set up as "anybody with the link can edit".

It took me to a different map and chat than it was supposed to!
Just log out and try again. It happens sometimes, especially if you've been spectating other games.

Somebody else is trying to use the spreadsheet at the same time as me!
I'd suggest making a copy of this for your own personal use if you use it frequently.

Where do I get figures?
Go back to that Online Heroscape: Maps and Figures link. Every official unit, C3V unit, and SoV unit is there, as well as many C3G units. Just copy and paste them in.

Last edited by superfrog; July 25th, 2022 at 09:25 PM.
Old March 27th, 2020, 09:33 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Online Heroscape Link Generator

I was literally thinking today that someone should make this its own thread. Thanks for doing this!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old March 27th, 2020, 09:44 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks!!! This will make it quick and easy! Games on!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 27th, 2020, 11:55 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for doing this superfrog!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 29th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for doing this, but has it stopped working? Its letting me enter anything in the cells, it keeps telling me that there is an error.
Old March 29th, 2020, 09:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Let me check tomorrow. I made some edits to the layout and that might have messed with the protected cells.
Old March 30th, 2020, 12:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Thanks for doing this, but has it stopped working? Its letting me enter anything in the cells, it keeps telling me that there is an error.
So the only cells that you can edit are B1, B3, and B5. Everything else is protected.
Old April 3rd, 2020, 03:35 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

I just tried and was unable to edit cell B1.
Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
I just tried and was unable to edit cell B1.
Okay, I think I got it resolved. Everything should be back up and running.
Old June 20th, 2020, 03:32 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

The OHS link generator link says "you need access". I feel like in the past it was public and I didn't need to log in to any google account to use it.

Edit: I do have an option to request access, but I thought I'd ask since I thought it was public.
Old June 20th, 2020, 03:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

Hmmm. Try now.
Old June 20th, 2020, 03:38 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Fixed! Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events