Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Poll: Favorite C3G design by LD: Good Pig (LD/Art)! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55686)

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 11:45 AM

Poll: Favorite C3G design by LD: Good Pig (LD/Art)!

This thread will periodically have polls to celebrate the contributions of C3G's members. This originally started out as a poll of favorite designs by LDs, but we have also have polled the favorite card art by Artist as well. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to vote in the current poll!

Current poll: HERE

Past Polls:

IAmBatman
Spoiler Alert!

tcglkn
Spoiler Alert!

Spidey'tillIDie
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham
Spoiler Alert!

Johnny139
Spoiler Alert!

A3n
Spoiler Alert!

Japes (favorite LD and favorite Art)
Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking
Spoiler Alert!

quozl
Spoiler Alert!

Karat
Spoiler Alert!

Ronin
Spoiler Alert!

Lord Pyre
Spoiler Alert!

Tornado
Spoiler Alert!

Scapemage:
Spoiler Alert!

NecroBlade:
Spoiler Alert!

Griffin:
Spoiler Alert!

whitestuff:
Spoiler Alert!

SirGalahad:
Spoiler Alert!

LordVenoc:
Spoiler Alert!

MrNobody:
Spoiler Alert!

Arch-vile:
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp SG-1:
Spoiler Alert!

tcglkn (favorite Art poll):
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham (favorite Art poll):
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp SG-1 (favorite Art poll):
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman: Part II
Spoiler Alert!

Hahma
Spoiler Alert!

Grey Owl: LD and Art
Spoiler Alert!

Good Pig: LD and Art
Spoiler Alert!

???:
Spoiler Alert!

???:
Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 11:45 AM

Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design

Results for Lord Pyre:

Favorite Character Card:

Angstrom Levy - 3 votes
Masahiro Arashi - 3 votes
Batman Beyond - 3 votes
Robot - 2 votes
Ozy - 2 votes
Nite Owl - 1 vote
The Crow - 1 vote
Agent Hunter - 1 vote
Clayface (Preston) - 1 vote
Arrowette - 1 vote
Mother Russia - 1 vote
Scarlet Spider (Kaine) - 1 vote
Catgirl - 1 vote
Allen the Alien - 1 vote
Brit - 1 vote
Lady Death - 1 vote

(updated through post 492)

Karat March 31st, 2019 11:49 AM

Maybe do it by Hero/Legend? Ronin and I both tallied our LDs last night and I have 13 and he believes he has 26.

Karat March 31st, 2019 11:52 AM

My favorite would have to be #8 though.

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2268595)
Maybe do it by Hero/Legend? Ronin and I both tallied our LDs last night and I have 13 and he believes he has 26.

Are you talking about future polls after this one? I'm okay with that.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 11:54 AM

I would love to see this done for each Hero and Legend, yes, please.

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2268598)

Nice! Any particular reason why he's your top pick that you feel like sharing? Also since he has 100 designs to choose from I'm letting people make 3 choices each (trying to avoid having 30 designs tied for first place with 1 vote each), so you can pick out 2 more 'favorites' if you want to.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 12:00 PM

I get three! Awesome. :-) Gimme

1. Anti-Monitor
2. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
3. Captain America

(Sorry, Oracle, you just missed my cut!).

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2268600)
I would love to see this done for each Hero and Legend, yes, please.

We can do one poll at a time for each then, maybe have the current focus of the poll choose who goes next until we run through everyone. I'll give this poll 2 weeks to collect votes before thinking about moving on to a new subject.

Karat March 31st, 2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2268602)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2268598)

Nice! Any particular reason why he's your top pick that you feel like sharing? Also since he has 100 designs to choose from I'm letting people make 3 choices each (trying to avoid having 30 designs tied for first place with 1 vote each), so you can pick out 2 more 'favorites' if you want to.

He's got some of the more interesting mechanics and was one of the first factions I really played a bunch.

The other 2 would have to be: #'s 6 and 66.

6 for similar reasons to Sinstro and 66 for the sheer awesomeness of him and the Horseman.

johnny139 March 31st, 2019 12:11 PM

Interesting. I give a lot of credit to Anti-Monitor and Galactus for really embodying the "Event Hero" name and adding a fun, scenario-like way to play Heroscape - which I know was a team effort but Bats gets the marquee at the end of the day. :p

That being said, I think I'll give my vote for Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Not my favorite Lantern design, but it's elegant and brilliant and a lot of fun.

MrNobody March 31st, 2019 12:16 PM

1. Captain America - Hal Jordan or Anti-Monitor didn’t make my list because while the concepts they introduced (Battery Markers and Event Heroes, respectively) were mind-blowing, I think other units have done equally cool stuff with those concepts over the years. Cap is the first Avenger, and in my opinion the best Avenger. Almost certainly my most played C3G unit of all time.
2. Batman (II) - He can be a new character every time you play and always has the right tools for the situation.
And a newer one that I really like a lot;
3. Jessica Jones - Really captures the theme of a character I like a lot.

All Your Pie March 31st, 2019 12:25 PM

It’ll have to be Magneto (II), Raven, and Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo) for me.

Arch-vile March 31st, 2019 12:30 PM

1) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - the battery marker mechanic is so much fun and creates really interesting gameplay. It doesn't hurt that Green Lanterns are some of my favorite superheroes.

2) Anti-Monitor - Event Heroes are a crazy idea to think about. There was nothing like this on the website before Anti-Monitor was released.

3) Yellow Lantern (Thaal Sinestro) - I like the Lanterns. While Sinestro is very similar to Hal, their slight differences really sell their opposing personalities. Like Hal, the battery marker management is tons of fun and creates major tension with gameplay. You always want to risk rolling defense dice so you don't lose your markers but it might backfire if you whiff!

Honorable mentions are Captain America, Galactus, the Robins, Amazo, and Merlyn. All nail their characters perfectly and remain fairly simplistic in their design.

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 12:39 PM

And we have one design take an early lead already!

Here are my votes:

Magneto II - I use him a lot, I just love tossing people around the map against their will. It can really screw up a lot of players plans and strategies, as well as get myself out of some bad situations when I fall into a trap. Although expensive, he's easy to fit into a wide range of army builds and still pull his weight. I don't feel he's constricted to Outcast builds or even Mutant builds at all because what he does can be so useful for board control while dishing out all important auto-wounds. The 7 defense keeps him in the game for a while too.

Azrael - I'm a fairly aggressive player who likes units that can charge into battle and deliver an early smack down. Double attack of 5/6 with additional flame damage often does the trick for me. Since I like pushing him into the middle of my opponents army, him losing control and attacking everyone isn't always a bad thing either. You can also build some synergy around two different but large factions if you so choose, or just stat boost him with Cap/Star-Lord (but not Bane!). At just 170 points I can usually earn back those points and more.

Raven - for my 3rd vote I decided to go with someone from my favorite 800 point Teen Titans army (Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Wonder Girl, Aqualad), which it turns out was all done by IamBatman! It was hard to pick just one as they all contribute in meaningful ways (even Aqualad has had some epic KO's for me after Wonder Girl lasso's someone onto low ground for him), but I'm going with Raven here for her Team Empath/Soul Self combo. Nightwing might lead the team with the devastating Titan's Go! power, but when he has an early defensive whiff it's Raven who bails him out with some healing. It's also often Raven all alone at the end of the game that pulls out the win for me, taking just 1W thanks to MD, and then transferring it right back to her opponent.

MrNobody March 31st, 2019 12:42 PM

Azrael was a top contender for me as well! Very underrated design imo.

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2268608)
Interesting. I give a lot of credit to Anti-Monitor and Galactus for really embodying the "Event Hero" name and adding a fun, scenario-like way to play Heroscape - which I know was a team effort but Bats gets the marquee at the end of the day. :p

That being said, I think I'll give my vote for Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Not my favorite Lantern design, but it's elegant and brilliant and a lot of fun.

I only counted Hal as an official vote thus far since you only bolded his name, did you want me to make Anti-Monitor and Galactus as your other two votes then?

johnny139 March 31st, 2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2268622)
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2268608)

I only counted Hal as an official vote thus far since you only bolded his name, did you want me to make Anti-Monitor and Galactus as your other two votes then?

Sure - you can put Anti-Monitor as #2 and Galactus at #3. (I should read posts more closely. :lol:)

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Your Pie (Post 2268613)
It’ll have to be Magneto (II), Raven, and Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo) for me.

Are lists are so similar, and I didn't even see your post before making mine! I'd even put Helmut on my list of honorable mentions, him giving you the ability to reveal an OM on one card and gain the benefits from that (like with Cap, or even just someone like Ozy) and then taking a turn with someone else lead to some fun army builds.

Scapemage March 31st, 2019 01:02 PM

Beast is a really fun design I am always happy to hit the table, so it gets my vote! :up:

Karat March 31st, 2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 2268627)
Beast is a really fun design I am always happy to hit the table, so it gets my vote! :up:

You get two more votes if you want them.

L0B5T3R March 31st, 2019 01:53 PM

Captain America
Galactus
Magneto 2

Now that I think about it I should say Baron Zemo (Helmut)

Tornado March 31st, 2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2268621)
Azrael was a top contender for me as well! Very under cost design imo.

Fixed. :)

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 04:09 PM

Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design by LD

No favorites on that list T?

No wrong answers here.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2268681)
No favorites on that list T?

No wrong answers here.

No 2000 AD or Skyscraper yet. :-P

Tornado March 31st, 2019 04:50 PM

Bats has 100 designs? Sheesh give someone else a chance. :)
Walker
Lurker
Civs

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 05:10 PM

Civs are just pre-Walkers. :-P

CzarChasm March 31st, 2019 05:29 PM

#1 is Metamorpho. Was after him for a while and he is great fun to play with.

#2 Kang. Such a simple mechanic to convey something as complicated as time travel, just awesome.

#3 Anti-monitor. Iconic character done justice.

Also like to say that I'm fairly new here and IAmBatman has helped me with questions a couple of times and it's appreciated.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 05:39 PM

You're very welcome! :-) Always happy to help when I can (even if that's just usually pointing folks towards people who actually know something! :-P ).

Tornado March 31st, 2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2268699)
Civs are just pre-Walkers. :-P

Exactly. :)

Tornado March 31st, 2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CzarChasm (Post 2268702)
#1 is Metamorpho. Was after him for a while and he is great fun to play with.

#2 Kang. Such a simple mechanic to convey something as complicated as time travel, just awesome.

#3 Anti-monitor. Iconic character done justice.

Also like to say that I'm fairly new here and IAmBatman has helped me with questions a couple of times and it's appreciated.

We appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Yodaking March 31st, 2019 05:45 PM

With almost 90,000 post one might assume he's a troll that doesn't do any work around here, but really he's just a helpful guy who cranks out a lot of cards.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2268707)
With almost 90,000 post one might assume he's a troll that doesn't do any work around here, but really he's just a helpful guy who cranks out a lot of cards.

Can't I be both? :-P

Karat March 31st, 2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2268709)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2268707)

Can't I be both? :-P

No. We're fresh out of bridges :p

tcglkn March 31st, 2019 09:30 PM

1. Green Lantern (Hal). Inspired one of my first designs, Kilowog.
2. Glactus. Innovative design with unique gameplay.
3. Silver Surfer. One of my favorite Adventurers.

Would love to see this type of poll for my designs at some point. Definitely have no where near as many as Bats does.

A3n March 31st, 2019 09:48 PM

6. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

It has to be Hal. This was such a great template that all future lanterns (of all colours) & other similar characters to use. It was a real revelation in the use of markers that has really set C3G apart from classic scape without departing from standard rules. And such an elegant way to capture the changing power set of the lanterns.

IAmBatman March 31st, 2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2268761)
1. Green Lantern (Hal). Inspired one of my first designs, Kilowog.
2. Glactus. Innovative design with unique gameplay.
3. Silver Surfer. One of my favorite Adventurers.

Would love to see this type of poll for my designs at some point. Definitely have no where near as many as Bats does.

Put together a list of yours (it's not small!) and I'll nominate you to be next up. :-)

lefton4ya April 2nd, 2019 12:05 AM

Street Thugs is the only one I actually played and that was way back when World’s Finest came out, and honestly haven’t played anything since, although I used to look at every release now I just look at those that catch my eye (Like TMNT and April fools release). I want to give it to Anti-Monitor as along with that came event heroes and I know that was a watershed moment for C3G in terms of opening up new possibilities outside established Heroscaper rules. Later came spells and destructible object rules and vehicles that I am not sure would have happened had Event Heroes not broke the mold.

But I am classic scape and enjoy squad-scape so I will stick with thugs as #1 and hope Bats can LD some new squads. Anti-Monitor is #2, Metamorpho would be my #3 as I like units with variability and this seems like a fun one.

Yodaking April 2nd, 2019 12:30 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the votes and thoughts.

Lazy Orang April 2nd, 2019 05:30 AM

This one's so difficult! There are so many I want to give the nod to. In the end, though, it's probably these:

1) Captain America - A classic and iconic unit that finds its way into at least a quarter of my games due to how bloody useful he is.
2) Iron Man (Mk V) - What can I say, I'm a Stark fan. The idea of playing an entire Iron Armoury build was incredibly exciting to me when he first released, and, while I don't do it as often as I'd like, still is. We need more Starks. :)
3) Galactus - I love the character, and being able to tear the map apart is awesome and unique. I've almost never played him because of the logistics involved, but holy crap I want to more!

Honourable Mentions include: Nightwing, Raven, Green Lantern (more for the Lantern system as a whole than any individual card), Magneto (vII), Silver Surfer, Apocalypse, Flash (Wally West), Superman (vIII) (which shocks me), Mr. Sinister (though he's another one who just looks amazing and I haven't actually played enough to get a feel for), J'onn J'onzz (vI) and probably others I'll need to play more to appreciate (Alan Scott and Metamorpho seem likely candidates).

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2269288)
But I am classic scape and enjoy squad-scape so I will stick with thugs as #1 and hope Bats can LD some new squads. Anti-Monitor is #2, Metamorpho would be my #3 as I like units with variability and this seems like a fun one.

Just as a heads up, in case you missed them:

Other Squads
Man-Bat Assassins
Elite League Assassins
Crime Alley Crooks
Blood Demons
Fire Demons

Common Heroes that play similar to squads
Walker
Roamer
Lurker

Uncommon Heroes
Frost Giant
Star Sapphire
Shadow Demon

Edit: Thanks for the love, LO! Lotta favorites for me on your extended list too. Part of me still can't believe we pulled of Mister Sinister's quirky mechanics. :-P

Porkins April 2nd, 2019 10:20 AM

Wait, so IAmBatman was not the LD for Batman (I) ?!? Are we really sure HeIsBatman??

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2019 10:33 AM

LOL Spidey’tilIDie handed out master set assignments. I did not get Batman. Our Batman (I) does share a lot of DNA with my old TNT Batman, though.

johnny139 April 2nd, 2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2269400)
LOL Spidey’tilIDie handed out master set assignments. I did not get Batman. Our Batman (I) does share a lot of DNA with my old TNT Batman, though.

You know, funny to think about- pretty sure we're the only two TNT era custom creators still around. (Though I doubt my Ares would pass C3G muster. :lol:) A handful of NM24 folks still kicking around, though!

Wish we had archived these designs better, though. A lot of cards in that group we still haven't gotten around to here!

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2019 01:08 PM

Cannonball sticks out to me as our biggest omission from that list.

Karat April 2nd, 2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2269409)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2269400)

You know, funny to think about- pretty sure we're the only two TNT era custom creators still around. (Though I doubt my Ares would pass C3G muster. :lol:) A handful of NM24 folks still kicking around, though!

Wish we had archived these designs better, though. A lot of cards in that group we still haven't gotten around to here!

:lol: I really only became an NM24er because it used to be a design qualification.

Spidey'tilIDie April 2nd, 2019 02:35 PM

Actually, I only handed out assignments for the X-Men set, you guys voted on the World's Finest (I was just a bystander back then, an annoying, lengthy posting, argumentative bystander, but a bystander none the less.) I 100% give IamBatman credit for Batman I, it's 90% his NM24 Batman. I think Griffin had a stroke of genius with Evasive Strike.

Spidey'tilIDie April 2nd, 2019 02:45 PM

Ok, I've probably given this more thought than I should have, but here goes:
1) Anti-Monitor - he proved giant threat Event Heroes could work. Changed the game.
2) Hal Jordan (and Captain America) - two marker powers that function completely differently and revolutionized design.
3) Batman II (and Robin) - the utility glyph mechanic and the sidekick mechanic are mainstays. How did we ever function without them?
I know that's 5, but sue me, that's my list.