Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 26th, 2021, 09:07 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Workshop Thread

Thank you judges for your reviews on Drider! I am so pleased Nomad and Sir H had some great games on the little bugger, but also understand the points Flash_19 has made which echoed some of my own wrinkles I wasn’t sure I’d ironed out. I’d like to propose the following revision in hopes that it alleviates some of the issues mentioned while retaining the commendable aspects.

I’ve implemented Flash’s direct advice of removing both single hex outcrops and leaving their bases as shadow tiles. Addressing the movement issues in the north near Lodin has been a long standing struggle in designing this map. I’d originally made the decision to place the shadow tiles in those spots to weaken the level 3 central perch as much as possible even if it restricted development; I was hoping the small size of the map would even that decision out a hair. Removing the outcrops retains two hexes of shadow to contest the perch as well as increasing the amount of spaces it can be attacked from by two. I feel this weakens the perch enough to let me rearrange the original northern section, connecting the road, and removing the shadow dip. The shadows now surrounding Lodin provide some mobility around the glyph and keep the north inviting enough to still want to use.
EDIT: Updated to fix double space glyph denial for Lodin. Lodin moved to lvl 0 and the single dungeon hex moved just south of the outcrop to further speed up lateral movement.

Also a bonus, now the top down kinda looks like a dude with a mustache or a teddy bear face...

UPDATED DRIDER PDF

New and improved:

Last edited by Ulysses; September 8th, 2021 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Update glyph denial

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla