Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 10th, 2016, 01:34 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

to Tetraites

I've never been a fan of this type of ability where killing your own Viper somehow lets you wound Deathwalker 9000 or the like. At least on Tandros's Cleave (which I still don't love but would be forced to accept due to its official standing) there are enough restrictions where it isn't too silly. C3G Hogun's power is both silly and lacking in any official standing to force my hand. So I'm free to choose if I think this guy wounding the Marro Hive with an attack and then magically also causing a wound on someone 6 or so spaces away from him and on a cliff just because they happen to also be next to the hive is acceptable, and I don't think it is.

EDIT- Oh and before anyone brings up Jotun, he's a giant with a giant sword, I can buy that he can actually cause enough structural damage to the Hive that someone could be hit by debris or something. Not buying that from a regular dude with a hammer. Honestly, I don't really get how this mechanic is supposed to represent a hammer at all really.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; December 10th, 2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 02:22 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
to Tetraites

I've never been a fan of this type of ability where killing your own Viper somehow lets you wound Deathwalker 9000 or the like. At least on Tandros's Cleave (which I still don't love but would be forced to accept due to its official standing) there are enough restrictions where it isn't too silly. C3G Hogun's power is both silly and lacking in any official standing to force my hand. So I'm free to choose if I think this guy wounding the Marro Hive with an attack and then magically also causing a wound on someone 6 or so spaces away from him and on a cliff just because they happen to also be next to the hive is acceptable, and I don't think it is.

EDIT- Oh and before anyone brings up Jotun, he's a giant with a giant sword, I can buy that he can actually cause enough structural damage to the Hive that someone could be hit by debris or something. Not buying that from a regular dude with a hammer. Honestly, I don't really get how this mechanic is supposed to represent a hammer at all really.
Hmm. I had thought of this as a concern for playtesting (bypassing defense is always dangerous), but it does have some thematically weird cases. Not even corner cases, just normal everyday cases.
Old December 10th, 2016, 02:59 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
to Tetraites

Hmm. I had thought of this as a concern for playtesting (bypassing defense is always dangerous), but it does have some thematically weird cases. Not even corner cases, just normal everyday cases.
Yeah, that's why I'm hitting the button now. Granted, the Hive isn't a super common draft, but I don't think the power makes any thematic sense even with just double spacers involved.

Beyond that, the whole power just seems off to me. I don't really get what it has to with hitting people with a hammer in general, and it seems way too tactical and precise a power for a 'Wild' dude swinging around a somewhat unwieldy weapon (it at least needs a 'must' in there to force him to inflict the wounds or something).

Also, I really don't like that he can kill your own low defense squadies to somehow land wounds on high defense heroes. Even Zaeus can't do that, if a genius monkey with a super advanced gun of doom can't do it, why can this smuck with a slightly more advanced version of a club do it?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know this isn't a Workshop thread, but limit it to Small/Medium figures? Takes care of the Hive dilemma at the very least.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 10th, 2016, 09:04 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The game is pretty rife with these thematic oddities. There's no reason why an explosion or a shot gun blast should be able to hit more people if you target a bigger target, it's just how these things are mechanically represented. I stand by my original vote.
Old December 10th, 2016, 12:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
The game is pretty rife with these thematic oddities. There's no reason why an explosion or a shot gun blast should be able to hit more people if you target a bigger target, it's just how these things are mechanically represented. I stand by my original vote.
But this has the combination of being able to bypass defense and being the only non-huge non-range non-magical figure that can deal wounds to non-adjacent figures (unless I've missed one).
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:19 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Id just limit it to doing an extra wound on the defending figure. Remove then cleave part, it just doesnt make sense. Personally since this guys theme is fighting bare chested, id liked to see a more theme like ability representing that part.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Part of Soundwarp's argument resonated with me. The concern about the double-space figures and the Marro Hive doesn't concern me; this isn't the only place in Heroscape that has such oddities. The theme also works for me as I imagine collateral damage either from the big hammer itself or knocking the target into someone else.

But Soundwarp makes a very good point about attacking your own figures to do auto-wounds to high defense targets. Powers like that are dangerous in terms of balance and should be avoided. If the power only worked when attacking an enemy figure, my concern would be resolved.

I'm changing my vote to
Old December 10th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I have been trying to decide How to vote on Tetra for a bit now.

I'm not a huge fan of a Wild Human Gladiator summoned by Utgar. He doesn't seem to be in the same league of evil as Isumu, Sir Hawthorn or the Knights of Blackgaard to warrant being pulled into Utgar, especially when his bonding options both come from Einar. At first I was not a huge fan of the name, until I found out the historical significance, which now seems like a missed opportunity for something with more flavor. Also a bit of a minor quibble, but the figure also doesn't look wild or evil. It is small thing, but it is worth noting.

Both attacking your own figure and the Hive weirdness, are now off putting as well. Something more like cleave (where only squad figures are affected) or sweeping sword special attack where the second figure needs to be adjacent to both the targeted and attacking figure may be more in line. Scytale's suggestion of "Enemy figures only" is a good way to go to.

So for now I vote

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; December 10th, 2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 07:25 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Tetraites by Sir Heroscape has received 3 Nay votes to review (Soundwarp SG-1, Scytale, and wriggz) and is removed from the process.
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the consideration. I appreciate the honest reviews. I'm new to this process for SoV submissions, so my question now would be...now what? Am I allowed to make certain changes I feel appropriate to the figure and resubmit? or is there a waiting period - for example: like a week or a month of time passed - before I can submit the figure again? Don't get me wrong, I'm not just gunna edit the card and then see what ya'll think by resubmitting tomorrow...but rather I think I'll take what you've said to heart and work through some of the potential issues etc.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Thank you for the consideration. I appreciate the honest reviews. I'm new to this process for SoV submissions, so my question now would be...now what? Am I allowed to make certain changes I feel appropriate to the figure and resubmit? or is there a waiting period - for example: like a week or a month of time passed - before I can submit the figure again? Don't get me wrong, I'm not just gunna edit the card and then see what ya'll think by resubmitting tomorrow...but rather I think I'll take what you've said to heart and work through some of the potential issues etc.
There is no rule against resubmissions or a waiting period. If you're willing to take our critiques, tweak the unit, and do the necessary retesting, we welcome resubmissions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs