Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 31st, 2018, 05:43 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

Hexscape 3D Heroscape (using Java)

Note: Since Lyrgard stopped updating his Hexscape thread, I felt the need to put all the new files into one OP. I will maintain all Hexscape updates here and help answer all questions here.

Look at what you can do :

To be able to play Heroscape on HexScape, you will need :

1. HexScape program
  2. Heroscape data for HexScape
  3. A map made with VirtualScape
  4. An army file containing your army

1) Getting HexScape

Download HexScape and install it. When it has been installed, open the folder it was installed to, and double click on HexScape.jar to launch it. (You'll need to have Java Installed on your computer for that)

Latest version of Hexscape
HEXSCAPE Install

2) Heroscape data for HexScape

Once you launched HexScape, you still can't play Heroscape with HexScape, because HexScape doesn't come with any game related data. You need to import those first. Here are is file you'll need :

Heroscape figure files (assets) including all classic Master Set figures, Waves 1-10, Expansions, and D1-D3 figures (missing Samuel Brown and Marvel)
Heroscape Classic Assets

Import those files in HexScape (Option button => Asset tab) and you're set !

Eventually we'll want to add VC, HoSS, Marvel, and other superhero figures.

3) Map files

HexScape allow you to load map from .hsc files. You can either download VirtualScape and create your own map, or just use one of the numerous maps in the .hsc already available on the internet.

Here's a link to the VirtualScape files hosted on this site
VirtualScape maps

Here's a good link to Typhon's maps:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b37nfjfaz...nOYSkZl2g3Ti7a

4) Army File
@DanieLoche created a Hexscape Army builder here:
HexScape Army Builder

You can also create your own. It's just a .txt file with the extension .hsa instead of .txt. The names are a little confusing. There are no spaces, and all start with the prefix classic_

Here is an example army file:
Quote:
My Army

classic_AgentCarr
classic_IzumiSamurai
classic_KravMagaAgents
classic_Mimring
classic_Syvarris
classic_ZettianGuards
classic_Nilfheim
classic_SgtDrakeAlexanderRotV
Also, you can use the HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator) site to support export to HexScape format! Use it to create your army and get the needed .hsa file.

Common Questions

My map doesn't show up in the correct colors.
You must go to options and select Heroscape as the game instead of 3D chess.

My Army won't load
Most likely, one of the names in your Army file is incorrect.

My Army loads, but I get an error on a certain figure
There might be an issue with the 3D model or with the naming in the files. Let me know and I'll check it out.

Where does Hexscape install the assets onto my computer?
Most likely in C:\users\(your name)\.hexscape

What are asset files?
.zip files with the extension changed to .hsd. These contain the card images and they 3D models for the figures.

Do the start zones show up as those fenced areas always? I'd like a way to just have them be dots if possible.
Right now all start zones are fenced areas.

Can I change the table or background colors?
Not in this version of Hexscape.

What are the Camera Modes in Hexscape?
In HexScape, there are 3 camera modes.

1) The "Rotate Around" camera, which is always facing the same point, and can rotate around it. Mouse to rotate, scroll wheel to zoom in or out. It should be the main used camera in HexScape

2) The "Fly By" camera, where you can move the camera freely. up and down arrows make the camera move forward or backward, left and right arrows are for strafing, + and - make the camera go higher or lower, and the mouse change the direction of the camera (like in FPS games, but in 3 dimensions, like you're driving a small plane). This allow to place the camera exactly where you want, to capture an epic scene or see clearly under overhangs or something like that.

3) The "look through the eyes of" that fixes the camera to a point, and only allow to rotate the view. This view is to check lines of sight.

How do I zoom?
I also changed the scroll wheel to zoom in and out instead of + and -.

How do I rotate figures?
To rotate the figures, you need to use "R" and "T" now.

How do I adjust the lighting?
In the game screen, use the "config" menu in the upper left, with a "Light" sub menu. This open a dialog box allowing to toy with the lights (ambient and sun intensity, as well as sun position)

How do I add Order Markers and Wound Markers?
Right click on the army card ICON in your army.

If I'm playing a Solo game with 2 players, how do I add Order Markers to the second army?
Not available in this update of Hexscape as far as I know.

Last edited by White Knight; October 31st, 2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:00 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

It is also possible to export HexScape army files from HACCS by adding figures to the army in the right pane and then clicking the Export button.

Also, thanks White Knight and the rest of the HexScape team for all the work you have put into this project!

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:00 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for starting a new thread! This should make it a lot easier to find the relevant info for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
If you search some tournament quality maps, search no further than Tyhpon2222 selection of 46 top notch maps !
This link seems to be broken. Here's a link to the VirtualScape files hosted on this site, though. It'd also be great to see HACCS added to the OP; I personally found it to be a little easier to approach.
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Old October 31st, 2018, 06:13 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Thanks for starting a new thread! This should make it a lot easier to find the relevant info for everything.

Quote:
If you search some tournament quality maps, search no further than Tyhpon2222 selection of 46 top notch maps !
This link seems to be broken. Here's a link to the VirtualScape files hosted on this site, though. It'd also be great to see HACCS added to the OP; I personally found it to be a little easier to approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

OP updated. Thanks!
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've downloaded the 2.0 version of HexScape and imported the HeroScape Classic Assets file, but whenever I try to load one of the VirtualScape maps the main screen appears blank. Here's a picture of what I'm seeing:

It seems like the armies aren't a problem (aside from the figures not being from the currently supported list, but that shouldn't affect the map, especially since this also happens before I've loaded any armies), but all of the map files that I've tried to load when starting games have had this same problem. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Also, I believe that this HACCS thread would be a better link instead of HAC, which seems to be an outdated version.
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Is this not the current version of HexScape? This is the one I've been using recently.

I also have a version that looks more like Astro's screenshot, and I can load figures and armies in both.

Neither seems to say which version it is anywhere, though.
Old October 31st, 2018, 06:55 PM

I was originally using the 1.1.3 Beta from the HexScape thread when I first saw the error, but after this thread was posted, I saw that there is a 2.0 version available and uninstalled the previous version to download this one. I'm getting the same error, though, which makes me wonder if I'm missing an asset file somewhere.

I looked through the HeroScape Classic Assets file and saw that it seems to contain all of the figures, but I don't remember seeing data for the terrain. Is that all handled exclusively by the VirtualScape files whenever they're loaded?
Old October 31st, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Is this not the current version of HexScape? This is the one I've been using recently.

I also have a version that looks more like Astro's screenshot, and I can load figures and armies in both.

Neither seems to say which version it is anywhere, though.
The current version of Hexscape (2.0.0-alpha) has the cards on the left side of the screen. The main changes have to do with camera views.

I tried to install 2.0.0-alpha on my home computer but couldn't get it to install correctly. Then I uninstalled the older version of Hexscape and installed 2.0.0-alpha and it worked fine.

There is a naming issue with the Axegrinders, and Raelin SotM has an issue--so I'll be posting an update. I can also post how to fix it manually without reinstalling assets.

Quote:
I was originally using the 1.1.3 Beta from the HexScape thread when I first saw the error, but after this thread was posted, I saw that there is a 2.0 version available and uninstalled the previous version to download this one. I'm getting the same error, though, which makes me wonder if I'm missing an asset file somewhere.

I looked through the HeroScape Classic Assets file and saw that it seems to contain all of the figures, but I don't remember seeing data for the terrain. Is that all handled exclusively by the VirtualScape files whenever they're loaded?
The terrain tiles are only .bmp picture files. There are 3D objects for the rock outcroppings, trees, etc...

Maybe it's because you're using an Apple computer? It works fine on my home computer (windows and my work computer (windows 7). This is really a @Lyrgard question.
Old October 31st, 2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The terrain tiles are only .bmp picture files. There are 3D objects for the rock outcroppings, trees, etc...

Maybe it's because you're using an Apple computer? It works fine on my home computer (windows and my work computer (windows 7). This is really a @Lyrgard question.
I got excited when I saw that it was in Java, since I thought there might actually be a HeroScape program that I can use for once.

Maybe it is just my Mac. I was under the impression that Java transitions between platforms much nicer than many other languages, but that of course also depends on the code itself, which I doubt anyone besides Lyrgard really knows. I'll ask @Leo Ultra to try installing the program to his PC to see if it functions there.
Old October 31st, 2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I got excited when I saw that it was in Java, since I thought there might actually be a HeroScape program that I can use for once.

Maybe it is just my Mac. I was under the impression that Java transitions between platforms much nicer than many other languages, but that of course also depends on the code itself, which I doubt anyone besides Lyrgard really knows. I'll ask @Leo Ultra to try installing the program to his PC to see if it functions there.
Can you use VirtualScape on your mac?

The maps are in VirtualScape format, so that might have something to do with it.
Old November 1st, 2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Can you use VirtualScape on your mac?

The maps are in VirtualScape format, so that might have something to do with it.
I don't believe that there is a Mac version of VirtualScape at all, so that could very well be it. It's unfortunate if so, because the rest of HexScape itself looks to be compatible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software