Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Valkrill - 2022-05-27

I've been working on customs for years now, but never got around to posting them much. Now I have a very robust collection, I think it may be time to share and maybe inspire some, and get feedback from others.

I'm a sucker for Factions and theme, so I will be posting a few cards that go together at a time.

Overall Designer Observations:
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Ball Converted – Cyborg Thugs
A while ago I picked up the Battle Ball set off Ebay for a fair price. This set seemed like the perfect collection of figures for a faction box, and it did not disappoint. The figures look great with other heroscape units and add some more sweet science fiction units balancing out all the fantasy we got in the D&D era.

Z-Blok Thugs

I decided to make this faction all Cyborgs even though that class was taken by the Marro Havech Eradicators. This might end up with some weird synergies if the Havech ever get expanded, but with hundreads of untis that is bound to happen somewhere anyway. I wasn’t going to pick up multiple sets so this common squad will be limited to 2 sqauds in my personal collection, but that is okay since I prefer smaller armies when playing. This is a case of squad vs squad, as they only get there bonus attack against common figures. This does allow them to strike hard against Elemental and Shadow builds as well. Strong defence keeps them on the board long enough to support their bonding heroes.

Ursa Minor

Anyone familiar with my customs knows I enjoy the design space of having one unit “turn” into another. The Zombies kicked it all off, but my own Wereshark, Bear and Raven Spirits and the AotP werewolves all implement this gimmick in different ways. Here we have the option to replace Ursa Minor with a beefed up version. There is a bit of gamble here since the Cyborgs are all melee, and when you covert you may be sacrificing some of Minor’s life points. Until Minor is converted he strengthens the Thugs into lasting longer as they make their way up the battlefield potentially under enemy fire. I especially like the naming of little and big bear and his personally moving from reckless to…

Ursa Major

Relentless. Once Ursa Major is on the board he is ready to wreak things with his big attack and boosting the remaining thugs attack. Major has a huge benefit of not taking wounds while moving up the board, so he is ready to inflict lots of wounds on any figures in his path. As mentioned before there is always the risk that Ursa Major will not appear on the board at all since 50% change each turn is only improved to 87.5% after an entire round moving up the board. After loosing all his life Major will revert to Minor, except up to 3 wounds will be carried back to Minor, so if minor already had wounds it is possible both Ursa’s end up destroyed.

Arena of the Planes Walker
So I've had these customs kicking around for a long time after painting the mini for the game. They are not well playtested, but there are some cool designs, so I figured I would share. There are obviously a few heroes, but the Squads are all Unique allowing for investigating some interesting design spaces.

Arena of the Planes Walker - Valkrill
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Planes Walker - Vydar
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Planes Walker - Einar
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Planes Walker - Ullar
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Planes Walker - Aquilla
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Planes Walker - Jandar
Spoiler Alert!

Members of Order
I’ve noted elsewhere that a significant percent (24% to be exact) of the customs I use not including C3V/SOV are created by or inspired by other Custom Designers. I figured I would give credit where credit is due. Many of these I took at face value, but a few I have made some tweaks to them, to have them fit my collection and taste. I selected these as units I feel fit with classic scape well and flush out existing factions or bring something unique that I really liked. These aren’t necessarily perfectly balanced, but I haven’t come across any issues yet.

If one of these is your designs and you prefer me not to share them, feel free to let me know.
Spoiler Alert!

Wriggz's Classic Customs
Hero Pack 3 – Heroes of the Mirrored Sea
Spoiler Alert!

Wolves and Gunners
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar’s Insects
Spoiler Alert!

Hero Pack 2 - Heroes of the Rift
Spoiler Alert!

Hero Pack 1 - Dawn of Forgefell
Spoiler Alert!

Cloak and Dagger - Vydar Hero Agents
Spoiler Alert!

Lands of the Valhalla - Terrain Figures
Spoiler Alert!

Endless March - Einar Common Squads
Spoiler Alert!

Fists of Iron - Martial Artists
Spoiler Alert!

Weapon Upgrade - Mariedian Advanced Tech
Spoiler Alert!

Clockwork and Magic - Dwarves
Spoiler Alert!

Tribal Magic - Totems and Aldet
Spoiler Alert!

Venom's Sting - Valkrill's Cobra
Spoiler Alert!

Knights and Their King
Spoiler Alert!

War of the Clones - Valkrill's Clones
Spoiler Alert!

Week 15 - Planes of Laur - Large Figure Pack 2
Spoiler Alert!

Week 14 - Walls of Lore - Large Figures Pack 1
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla's Gray Alies
Spoiler Alert!

Return of the Missing - Vydar Kyrie
Spoiler Alert!

Space Zombies - Valkrill's Therians
Spoiler Alert!

Invisible Lightning - Aquilla's Siofra Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Nhah Scirh Heroes and Archers
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar Unique Squads
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill Kyrie
Spoiler Alert!

The Law Returns - Jandar Lawmen
Spoiler Alert!

Mysteries of the Moontribe - Aquilla Kyrie
Spoiler Alert!

Everyday Heroes - Common Soldiers
Spoiler Alert!

Eniar's Kommandos
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar's Centaurs
Spoiler Alert!

Ship of the Damned - Pirate Heroes
Spoiler Alert!

Crew of the Black Swan - Pirate Captain and Crew
Spoiler Alert!

Feedback is always welcome.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; March 16th, 2024 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Wriggz's Custom Repaints and Theme Additions

Lodin the Kyrie Warrior
Ronin Keji
Lunda

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; January 16th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Question about Ronin. Does he need counter strike? Because according to his first ability he would automatically recieve Counter Strike from any samurai squad you chose.
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM

The following two "Customs" are ripe offs of some of the best customs I have seen that fill holes in existing armies. The Ninja I loved the name and "borrowed" it, but i have have no idea from who. The Cowboy is from the Create a Custom group effort a few months ago... so I guess it is public domain. I figure this sight is about keeping my customs in one place until I make the cards and print them.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:50 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; September 15th, 2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Interesting. I could see some people using him and others setting someone like Krug or Grimnak right next to him just in case.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:20 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

I like the on my mark ability
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:22 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Huson seems a little cheap. You could roll 12 or more attack dice very easily.

EDIT I do like the power though.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM

What if On my Mark, had a limit of say 7 attack dice, would that even things out?

Old July 20th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Re: Wriggz's Custom - Input Request 20/07

Anti-range Samurai Hero

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wriggz's Custom - Input Request 20/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Kenish
Unique Hero
Human
Samurai
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 6

Disciplined Speed:
All enemy figures within 3 spaces and are not 5 levels up or down from Kenish are considered engaged and can be attacked by Kenish's normal attack.

Phantom Walk:
Kenish can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Counter Strike:
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an engaged figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

*** NOTE How does the Disciplined Speed sound? Does this one-line express the fact that all ranged figures within 3 spaces must attack Kenish and face counter strike? That all figures moving 3+ spaces away must take a leaving engagement strike? Is it too weird that Kenish could attack a figure that is behind a tree or wall? I need some help here.

Thanks
A few comments:

1. There is a strong precedent that humans' maximum move is 6.

2. I would give Kenish Disengage or Tactical Disengagement 7 and make him have to move into true adjacency when attacking, though figures within 3 spaces would still be considered engaged. That obviates the strange scenarios where he could attack people behind walls and things of that nature.

Perhaps an even better power would be one that is similar to Scatter. It would allow Kenish to move X spaces towards any figure initiating an attack within 3 spaces of him (this would be in conjunction with Disnegage or Tactical Disengagement 7). This power seems to achieve the same goal as your version without some of the quirkiness.

3. Disciplined Speed is a very creative ability and a good fit for a Samurai.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Col. Hudson is a a creative figure, but inordinately strong. For one, thing, I don't see any reason to boost 4th Mass or 10th Regiment of Foot when they are already among the best units in the game. But aside from that, Col. Hudson allows you to move either of those squads when it isn't their turn, thus allowing them to WTF on their next turn - HUGE tactical advantage.

Not only that, but he allows them to combine their normal attacks, which can be modifed by height and WTF, against a single figure? They could be rolling an attack of 16 with some regularity. I don't know if you even get that many dice in a master set...

Col. Benedict can force your opponent to FORFEIT ALL ORDER MARKERS without so much as a D20 roll? Need I say more?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards