Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Scytale's customs

After the end of Heroscape, I was inspired to delve into the world of customs creation. I ended up making far more than I ever expected. Any and all comments are always welcome!

All of my customs are available for online play. The figures can be found on the Scytaleverse online template.

unit highlight 7/24/20

These miniatures were tossed around in C3V Brainstorming for a while, but for various reasons we didn't go forward with them. I felt inspired, though, so I bought a set for myself.

The design is simple and straightforward, yet thematic and potent. They can hit pretty darn hard in melee, or stand back and throw boulders, or both. They lack a defensive ability, but I gave them solid defense which combines well with their speed and ability to attack from range.

Their power does not play nicely with the Glyph of Ivor. Mixing these guys with taht causes order-of-application questions, which isn't cool, but I never use Ivor (who does?). It's also potentially odd with Attack Aura 1 (on Finn), but it's easy enough to rule intelligently. So I'm fine with this level of rules squishiness on a home custom.

double-based

Stone Giant (D&D Rise of the Runelords)
Stone Giant Champion (D&D Rise of the Runelords)
Conna the Wise (D&D Lost Coast)

By Faction

Spoiler Alert!

By General

Spoiler Alert!

By Release

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Scytale; September 9th, 2022 at 04:33 PM.
Old April 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: Scytale's customs -- set 1

These cards are phenomenal! I like the focus on the brutality and primal savagery on each of these cards. Really brings out the drawn-out, rock-'em-sock-'em melee that often plays out in 'Scape games.

These are great! Love to see more!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Really cool! Can you also list the names of the miniatures so others can get them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Thank you Deadliest, you made my day. Just keep watch; there are lots, lots more coming.

quozl (and to others who want to know), the figures are:

Raider -- Gnoll (Aberrations)
Raider -- Gnoll Sergeant (Giants of Legend)
Raider -- Gnoll Barbarian (Blood War)
Hyena -- Hunting Hyena (War of the Dragon Queen)
Brute -- Gnoll Maraduer (Dungeons of Dread)
Dagnyr -- Gnoll Demon Adept (Demonweb)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find them cheap. Also, they don't all quite look the part; I almost completely repainted them to have the same fur and armor color.
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems very good customs.

Pack Attack and Harry combined can be devastating.
With Pack Bonding and Animal Instincts, you will often achieve that killing-combo.

Last edited by dalu; April 21st, 2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Pack Attack an Harry combined can be devastating.
With Pack Bonding and Animal Instincts, you will often achieve that killing-combo.
It is devastating, but in playtesting it doesn't happen as much as you might expect. It requires getting 4 figures adjacent to one figure. Enemy figures are usually unlikely to be standing alone without other figures covering them, or are hiding in harder-to-get-to terrain spots. Even if you can get it, you often find yourself choosing to spread out and attack (and hopefully kill) multiple figures instead of ganging up on one weakling.

In practice, it's a useful combination of abilites, but not one that takes affect more than a couple times a game. Really, most any time you can get 4 melee figures surrounding a single figure it's bad for that figure, Pack Attack + Harry or not.

Last edited by Scytale; May 4th, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:27 PM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart

I like what you did. These are well thought out and defined. I'm going to add them to my list of 'aquire and print'. Well done.
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:30 AM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Pack Attack an Harry combined can be devastating.
It is devastating, but in playtesting it doesn't happen as much as you might expect. It requires getting 4 figures adjacent to one figure. Enemy figures are usually unlikely to be standing alone without other figures covering them, or are hiding in harder-to-get-to terrain spots. Even if you can get it, you often find yourself choosing to spread out and attack (and hopefully kill) multiple figures instead of ganging up on one weakling.

In practice, it's a useful combination of abilites, but not one that takes affect more than a couple times a game. Really, most any time you can get 4 melee figures surrounding a single figure it's bad for that figure, Pack Attack + Harry or not.

Great against lone melee heroes like Charos and Jotun though.
I agree.
You have done serious playtesting as I see
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
You have done serious playtesting as I see
Unfortunately I don't know many players who are interested in playtesting 1v1 games. But thanks mainly to my cousin PCServbot, I have been able to do at least some testing with all of my customs. Enough to get a feel for how they play and do initial tweaking.
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heya Scytale,
Love them gnolls and they have always been one of my personal favorite monsters races. I wish WotC made another set as I'm sure they were on deck..../sigh
Anyway, feel free to submit them to the Auggies Bounty thread when your sure your done with any tweeking. I'd love to sell a few. Also, I would strongly suggest you switch to the hi rez Valkrill card floating around here somewhere as they look TONS better if you do. It's not requrired but card quality does help sales.
....Andrew
PS love the forum handle as I am a huge Frank Herbert fan (not so much Brian though)

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM

Loaded the next set, Beastmaster Nadezhda Kurova's army. All in high-res this time (and the gnolls were updated to high-res as well, thanks for the advice Auggest).
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:44 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Scytale's customs - set 2 (4/22)

Inspired idea to use the Aspect of Loviator as a Beastmaster (Beastmistress?), whip in hand. The battlefield pic of her lined up with her menagerie is just wonderful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards