Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 4th, 2018, 02:52 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

If I may assume some things about the fiction of the Raptorians (or at least the Einar ones) perhaps the castes are named similarly to the Beakface, with the Warwitch just belonging to the Warwitch caste. So, just a name change to “Quorik Razorbeak” (Razorbeak being the title of a caste, rather than a surname) would be perfectly acceptable. A Razorbeak from the Quorik tribe/flock/nation.

Other options: Bloodfeather, Talonblade, Rendbeak, War-Raven.
Old February 4th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Having no idea where Quorik came from, (and I even googled it for good measure) I assumed that "Quorik" was the name of the unit, and Warwitch was the title. Following this line of thought, Jakaw Warwitch would be in line with this naming system, except that Jakaw isn't a Warwitch. Since we don't have a list of titles to play with, Razorbeak sounds like a fine title to use, or any of the other options that Pumpkin King posted.

Was Quorik supposed to be part of the Title? "Beakface" sounds like the title for the caste the squad, and Common hero's are from, with their specific roles coming after. Since they are all common, I don't expect them to have Names before the title, and since there are multiple roles in the "Beakface" caste, it makes sense to have a further detail in the card name. "Warwitch" sounds like the caste title to me, so it would be in the same place as "Beakface", which would put Quorik in the position of a name. Unique hero's that have a title, usually have a name before their title, if they have a title, and Quorik Warwitch follows this. I guess my point is that, as far as I can see, there is not an established naming convention for Unique hero's from the Raptorians that excludes having a name, at least not in the same way the Viper's do.
Old February 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

"Quorik" was an invented word intended to be a sort of transcription of the tribe name in the unwritten language of the Raptorians. Leaf It is right that Jakaw could serve that purpose. As for classes, I just assumed they had the same classes as the vipers and marro, by and large.
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I haven't gotten much direction from the ERB, just a tidbit from @Sherman Davies , who was also the Lead Designer for the Quorik Warwitch:
Quote:
As LD of the Quorik Warwitch, the idea was to mimic the Venoc Warlord, with the explanation being that both the Venocs and Raptorians either communicate non-verbally or have names that cannot be expressed in writing.
As for the exact details of which part of the name means what, I'm hoping he or the other ERBers step in. @Dad_Scaper @dok @ollie
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:07 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think that if we wanted to connect this guy to the existing Raptorians, one of the words needs to be an existing one. “Quorik Razorbeak” works because it’s connected to the Quorik Warwitch and therefore the Quorik tribe. “Jakkaw Marauder” works because you can imagine him as a warrior for the “Jakkaw” tribe like the Armocs are.
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
"Quorik" was an invented word intended to be a sort of transcription of the tribe name in the unwritten language of the Raptorians. Leaf It is right that Jakaw could serve that purpose. As for classes, I just assumed they had the same classes as the vipers and marro, by and large.
This was always my vision for the name of this unit. "Quorik" was the tribe; "Warwitch" was the - to borrow the D&D term - class. My own preference would be to avoid adding "tribes" without a thoughtful reason to do so. Such as, for instance, a noticeably different color scheme.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 4th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
This was always my vision for the name of this unit. "Quorik" was the tribe; "Warwitch" was the - to borrow the D&D term - class. My own preference would be to avoid adding "tribes" without a thoughtful reason to do so. Such as, for instance, a noticeably different color scheme.
Mmmk, so with that said, the name “Quorik Marauder” works then?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 4th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes, that's consistent with how I envision the faction. I don't think you'll get much disagreement, but you might.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 5th, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Okay. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the input. Glad I still did a final run by you all here before submitting. Now I'll make sure to do some playtests with the slightly altered version, and I'll be ready to officially submit. But just as a final check before I go off re-playtesting for changes etc...here's the card with the changes. Any final thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 5th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see Evasive 2 or 3, but otherwise it looks great.

Old February 5th, 2018, 11:10 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'd like to see Evasive 2 or 3, but otherwise it looks great.
I'd think that Sir Heroscape would want to do some testing with the current iteration, post his finds on his thread before deciding if a change is needed, or test both options, 1,2,3 and come up with some thoughts.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 5th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Okay. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the input. Glad I still did a final run by you all here before submitting. Now I'll make sure to do some playtests with the slightly altered version, and I'll be ready to officially submit. But just as a final check before I go off re-playtesting for changes etc...here's the card with the changes. Any final thoughts?

Honestly, I'd keep Razorbeak as the name and make that his class as well - Quorik Marauder feels a bit generic, and Razorbeak could easily be a rank or title in Raptorian culture. And I do agree with Taeblewalker that a stronger Evasive would be cool. Apart from that, looking great.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards