Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 5th, 2019, 11:53 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Project: Paper Standees

This thread is acting as an archive for the Paper Standees project. Completed sets are listed below:

- Rise of the Valkyrie
- Waves 1 & 2
- Waves 3 & 4

- Giant Waves 1-3
- Flagbearers & Terrain Expansions

Photos of figures I still need:
Spoiler Alert!

====================
Credits:

Image donations:
Flameslayer
Ulysses
Sans
car1188
Yodaking

Image Editing:
PK
Alexandros

Thanks left4onya for the links to the official rules and other resources

Thanks AliasQtip for the Quick Start Guide

itsbuzzi for card scans

====================
Old OP contents:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; March 9th, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old November 5th, 2019, 02:43 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Interest Check: Paper Standees

I'm bumping this thread because I've moved, leaving my collection behind, and now more than ever I'm feeling the usefulness of this project.

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? All a volunteer would need to do is take a decent picture of the unit and send it to me via discord or email, and I'd take care of the editing.
Old November 5th, 2019, 07:42 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Interest Check: Paper Standees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I'm bumping this thread because I've moved, leaving my collection behind, and now more than ever I'm feeling the usefulness of this project.

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? All a volunteer would need to do is take a decent picture of the unit and send it to me via discord or email, and I'd take care of the editing.
Very cool project! I can certainly see the value of this. Perhaps you should reach out to the guys making the 3d prints of Heroscape figures since they are already photographing each and every figure at a high resolution in order to create a 3d mold? I bet they have a large inventory of photos already.
Old November 5th, 2019, 10:34 AM

Re: Project: Paper Standees

I did reach out - the photos they had they deemed unsuitable and taking a picture of the 3D model left a lot to be desired.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suggest using the trifold so the paper minis will have depth.

Like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:34 AM

That’s definitely an option for the single-spaces figures, but I don’t know if the 2-spaces would work.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:43 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've considered working on a project like this for C3G. I don't have a ton of photoshop skill or time though, so it's always been on the backburner.

Good luck though, I think this is fantastic.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:46 AM

Thank you! I just contacted Troll and Toad to see if I could use their images for a free, non-commercial project. I’ll post here when I get an update.
Old November 5th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
I did reach out - the photos they had they deemed unsuitable and taking a picture of the 3D model left a lot to be desired.
Taking a picture of the model didnt' work?
Old November 5th, 2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I meant to message you - close up, the hexscape models looked...not good. I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong or downloaded the wrong thing (I downloaded the most recent pack from you) but it looked not ideal. I wanted to see if I could get some pictures of the minis before I fell back on those.

EDIT: Well, shoot. The 4th MAss figure I looked at was just a jumble of polygons. That looks a lot better.
Old November 5th, 2019, 05:28 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I meant to message you - close up, the hexscape models looked...not good. I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong or downloaded the wrong thing (I downloaded the most recent pack from you) but it looked not ideal. I wanted to see if I could get some pictures of the minis before I fell back on those.

EDIT: Well, shoot. The 4th MAss figure I looked at was just a jumble of polygons. That looks a lot better.
I had to adjust the brightness and contrast, but here is a 4th:

Old November 5th, 2019, 05:29 PM

I know they are not high resolution, but if you shrink them down to tabletop size I'm not sure you'll notice the difference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units