Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 30th, 2017, 11:47 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
PK's customs MK. III - 3/20 - Empyrean Issue 2: Imperiled

Hey, folks. It's been a while.

I've been getting back into Heroscape hardcore in the past several months. My brothers and I have been collecting all the official Heroscape, and we're nearly done. Just two more flagbearers and we'll be basically 100%. And like the apocryphal story of Alexander the Great, we nearly wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

However, we decided to turn our efforts towards making customs. We've been working on and off on these for the past couple months, and we have enough to post a thread. We have many many more in the hopper, as it were, and we're slowly buying a bunch of figures from many different games and lines.

Hope you enjoy what we've come up with so far. Just as a note, we've been using MSE to make these, and the targeting area is a hassle. I'll add them in eventually. -- Targeting areas added 4/12.

============
Elemental Royals
Spoiler Alert!

==============================================

Zeez Rattletrap
Klick-Klak
Xorax
Gutstab
Shok'Thul
Chen Stormstout
Vimarsh
Kahi Tumblecog
Spoiler Alert!

4/1
====

Scrip Sparkplug
Deathstalker Eliza
Wild 3
Felguard

Spoiler Alert!

4/6
===========================================
OUTDATED 3/8/2020, SEE UPDATE

LEAD VENGEANCE: MULRONEY MUST DIE

Spoiler Alert!
4/12
==========================================

Lombardi Crime Family

Spoiler Alert!

4/26
===============================

Skreek
Ogre Bruisers
General Kondo
Avalanchion

Spoiler Alert!

5/5

================================

The Kelly Gang
Microcorp Hardsuit
Polaris
The Butcher
Russel Meyer

Spoiler Alert!

5/18
================================================

Dark Lakes Creature
Sir Wilton
Voidwalker
Lucian Esenwein

Spoiler Alert!

6/3
=====================================

Kre-Na-Nesh
Dre-No-Sa
Marro Stock Clones
Marro Apex Clones

Spoiler Alert!

6/15
=======================================
Thetacron
Quorik Ritualists
Commander Nhav Sun
Zetan Elite

Spoiler Alert!

7/24
======================================================
Kukalad
Spikeshell Braves
Primadon Mindwipe
Brutas, the Traitor

Spoiler Alert!

8/9
==================================================
Detective Joe Barillo
Za-Tor-Ga
Motorized Patriot
Slark Fishbelly

Spoiler Alert!

9/5
==========================================
Mantika
King Street Jesters
Elias Kingsley
Armoc Stormcaller

Spoiler Alert!

9/24
==============================================
Bolt Gruts
Jakkar
Sultan Al-Rashid
Microcorp Riot Control

Spoiler Alert!

10/31
=====================================================
Zornak
Garlow
Anchor
Brother Rokhan
Brother Wolf

Spoiler Alert!

11/11
=================================================
Gor'Mok Fire Watchers
La'Pok
Thuk'Ya
Private Earl Porter

Spoiler Alert!

11/19
========================================================
UR54
J4GU4R
W1D0W
F3NR1R

Spoiler Alert!

12/7
========================================================

Hometree Mageguard
Mage-Captain Lithael
Trysana
Kalubar the Loyal

Spoiler Alert!

12/29
===============================================
Traga Slickhide
Hulok Thornminder
Chirruk Ripscale
M05QU170

Spoiler Alert!

12/29
====================================================

Sgt Buck Fletcher
Cpl Ian Ashworth
Imperiator R-5
Phalanx T-9

Spoiler Alert!

1/20
================================================================
Brenna Anvilcrack
Agent Newton
Fu Shi
Kresnik Deadhunters

Spoiler Alert!

3/9
============================================================
TerraGov Troopers
Cdr. Victoria Danvers
Cdr. Alan Bennett
Patient 7B
Cdr. Raphael Marchand
UPDATED: SEE 10/1/19 UPDATE
Spoiler Alert!

3/30
=========================================
Cell Block 816 Guards
Warden 173
Warden 477
Zettian Sub-Warden

Spoiler Alert!

4/14
==================================
Agent Egypt Monroe
Freki the Faithful
The Honored Dead
Crossbowman of Weston

Spoiler Alert!

4/28
=================================
Keerk
Bessel
Whitemuzzle
Rodentian Sneaktheives

Spoiler Alert!

5/7
=================================
Archers of Annelintia
Skorn the Wicked
Tomb Lord
Tomb Warden
Spoiler Alert!

7/7
====================================================
Aleksei Petrov
Praetoricon X-2
Agent Benedict
Dominus Maximus

Spoiler Alert!

7/28
=========================================================
Gargh Farhii
Nhah Scrih Cleavers
Lord Vincent Blackwell
Voidstrider

Spoiler Alert!

8/26
==========================================================
Microcorp Jet Troopers
Agent Dickerson
Magnissian the Proud
Jethro McCullough
Spoiler Alert!

11/13
======================================================
Microcorp Peacekeeper
Professor Abe Scranton
Microcorp HR Agents
White Hat

Spoiler Alert!

12/11
===========================================
LEAD VENGEANCE 2: WITH YOUR NAME ON IT

Sheriff Clayton Pierce
Kate Crawford
Jim Whitecloud
Heinrich "Spider" Schmidt

Spoiler Alert!

9/27
===================================
Empyrean Rising
Valor
Express
Current
Shadow Striker
Gemchantress
Solarstorm
Max Karnage

Spoiler Alert!

10/1
============================================================
TerraGov v2

TerraGov Troopers
Cdr. Victoria Danvers
Cdr. Alan Bennett
Patient 7B
Cdr. Raphael Marchand
Cdr. Miyako Tojo
Cdr. Graham Crowchild
Cdr. Amina Abiola

Spoiler Alert!

3/8/2020
============================================
LEAD VENGEANCE V2

Spoiler Alert!

3/20/21
============================================
Empyrean Issue 2: Empyrean Imperiled

Fractal
Mini-Max
Knockout
Big Monty
Vanquisher
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; March 21st, 2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old March 31st, 2017, 12:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: PK's customs MK. III

These look like fun. I'm particularly charmed by Gutstab, who is thematic and whimsical at the same time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 31st, 2017, 01:06 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool batch of Customs: here's my feedback*:

(*nitpicks)

Spoiler Alert!

Keep it up, PK

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 31st, 2017, 02:33 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey, wow! Thanks so much for the feedback. I've adjusted some of them.

Infernus got an extra life and defense, I lightly modified Zephyron's Asphyxiate. I fixed Geoton's pronoun confusion. My brother told me that Undertow was actually a lot bigger than I remembered, and that allowed me to take the Loyalty power off her card.

I rewrote Zeez's Saw Sweep using Shurrak's SA, that had better wording. I also took away his Eject power; it was fun, but I didn't have a figure for it or anything. I reduced Gutstab's price and upped his attack - the attack buff might be a smidge much, but we might playtest him.

Vimarsh I'm still not satisfied fully with, as far as his special attack. He might be still a light work in progress. Finally I gave Shok'Thul height x3 like you suggested, I hadn't thought of that.

Thank you so much! I'll be putting up more tonight.
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:05 PM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/1

Scrip Sparkplug

Figure: WoW miniatures game - Filet the Kneecapper

Scrip is another of the gnomes chosen by Vydar. Rough, tough, and ready to rumble, Scrip is no stranger to a good fight. He enjoys taking on enemies far larger than himself, and employs several ingenious inventions in battle. Not the least of these is the clever Boomeraxe, a rocket-propelled...well, axe. Easily thrown, it strikes and returns to Scrip, allowing him to keep up the momentum no matter who he faces.

Deathstalker Eliza

Figure: WoW miniatures - Kayleitha

The Forsaken of Azeroth pride themselves in regaining full control of themselves after their Banshee Queen freed them from the grip of the Scourge, but the sad truth is that rarely, some undead may partially regress. Once a well-regarded and disciplined Deathstalker, Eliza's main goal is violence and combat itself. She craves the thrill of killing, and her relentless pursuit of her prey has earned her the favor of Valkrill's Death Knights, companions she is more than happy to kill alongside.

The Wild 3

Figures: Rebel Miniatures - 28mm thugs

In the dystopian future of 2210, the Microcorp "peacekeeper" corps are scarcely better than the myriad gangs that rule the lower streets, and one of the most feared of those gangs is The Wild 3. Theft, arson, extortion, assault and battery, murder. The criminal record of the violent gang known as the Wild 3 is so large it could kill a man by itself. And yeah, they're called the Wild 3 and there's four of them. You wanna fight about it?

Felguard

Figure: WoW miniatures - Felguard

Corrupted long ago from some long-forgotten world, the mighty Felguards form the backbone of the Burning Legion's army. Though a few warlocks may summon and control lesser Felguards, they are known to be fierce, stubborn, battle-hardened, and completely dedicated to the eradication of mortals.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; April 12th, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:43 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ooh, the Wild 3 are wholly great. Street Rules feels right on the nose for them. Potentially having 4 attacks of 6 is great, but that's not going to be possible usually. Shock Troop is also a pretty cool "power", anything that encourages HeroScape is good in my eyes.

There are a lot of other cool ideas here too, those just jumped out at me. I suspect you'll see me steal Shock Troop from you at some point (unless you stole it, in which case I'll steal it from them).

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 3rd, 2017, 11:50 AM

Hey, thanks so much! I can't take full credit for the Wild 3, they were my brother's idea mostly. You are totally welcome to steal Shock Troop. (If I say so myself) it's a great universally-usable "downside" to reduce costs a little.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:47 AM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/6 - Lead Vengeance

LEAD VENGEANCE: MULRONEY MUST DIE

Four outcasts. Four broken lawmen. Four people, drawn together by one single goal: the death of the crooked sheriff Jedidiah Mulroney. Mulroney was powerful - officially the sheriff of Lost Springs, Wyoming, he was in reality the head of a massive gang of outlaws, drug runners, prostitution rings, and merchants of death and destruction that spanned from Missouri to California. No one questioned his judgement. No one spoke out against him. No one dared challenge his authority....until, that is, the four misfits who banded together - for LEAD VENGEANCE.

Ginnie "Gravestone" McCaskil

Figure: Black Scorpion: Barbara Allen

Ginnie McCaskil was once an every day housewife on a farm in the Wyomg territory. Although unable to have children, she and her husband James McCaskil eeked out a small but happy life...until James spoke out against the the slaughter of a Native settlement, rumored to be perpetrated by Jedidiah Mulroney. Retribution was swift - Sheriff Mulroney doesn't take kindly to those who question his authority. James McCaskil was arrested for a murder he didn't commit, tried in a kangaroo court, and hung at sunrise not two days later. Lesser women would have drowned in sorrow, but it wasn't long before Ginnie McCaskil sold her farm, packed up her belongings, and started to hunt down the men who killed her husband - most of all, the murderer Jedidiah Mulroney.

Chief Black Bear

Figure: Black Scorpion - Ahiga Apache leader

Black Bear looked forward to spending the last of his twilight years as chief of a Shoshone settlement in eastern Wyoming. The preparations to pass leadership to his eldest son were almost done. Relations with the nearby white men were...uneasy, as they always were, but with no signs of violence. It seemed as though Black Bear would live out his days in peace. Gold, as it always does, got in the way. Gold was found on native territory. Tensions rose. War seemed inevitable. But war wouldn't come - instead, a night attack by masked men. Hired goons from Texas, under orders from Jedidiah Mulroney, slaughtered half of the Shoshone camp before they could react. Black Bear's son was killed - his people scattered. After the attack, the survivors were forced to flee to neighboring tribes. Except for Black Bear. He resolved to spend the rest of his life seeking honor - seeking the death of the treacherous Jedidiah Mulroney.

El Santos

Figure: Knuckleduster miniatures - Antonio

Gerardo Reyes was the son of a catholic minister in the outskirts of El Paso, Texas. Life was good - the church looked after the sick and needy, served the public good, was a respite from the violence of El Paso. That was, until, Father Reyes felt the influence of a new, altogether more violent group trying to seek power in Texas. Father Reyes preached, as he always did, against violence and fear and the abuse of power. Unfortunately, this was seen as an attack on Mulroney's new power grab. Gerardo awoke one night to find the church in flames - and it was far too late to save his father or mother. In his haste to escape, the heated metal cross that hung on the wall above the pulpit fell on his back, pinning him long enough to burn the shape into his skin. He survived, but just barely. Giving up his old name and his old life, he took up the mantle of El Santos, The Saint - traveling Mexico and the Southwest, putting down outlaws, helping those in need, protecting the innocent. All in service of a broader goal - forcing to hell the man who deserved it most - that devil Jedidiah Mulroney.

Samuel Knight

Figure: North Star miniatures - Dead Man's Hand Rogue Ely Fergus

Samuel Knight was born a slave in South Carolina. Mistreated and tortured, the man and his sister escaped out west, where they could eek out a life away from the slave states. Samuel knew that often employers wouldn't question him, as long as he did his job of herding cattle. For a while, it worked. They lived in relative harmony with the white settlers of Texas, joining on with a cattle herding outfit that had other black men working it. His sister fell in love with one of the other cowboys, and Sam Knight thought he might be an uncle. However, it was not to be - as the two siblings traveled, they came across the wrong men. They questioned him, beat him, knowing they might get a reward. Finally, his sister broke, giving herself up and telling the men their former master, if only they would leave her brother. They left him for dead, bringing the pregnant woman back to her former master. After he recovered, Sam Knight found out who led that cadre of despicable slavers - the hateful Jedidiah Mulroney.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; April 12th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:22 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey there! I really like the Lead Vengeance figures, and the story you've got linking them all together. Can't wait to see the hated Jedidiah Mulroney. Lynch and Drag is a great power, although I cringe at the word "Lynch" and would prefer "Lasso" instead, personally.

A couple of things on El Santo. First, here's a suggestion for more official wording for the first power:
For purposes of special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, El Santo may be considered an Champion in addition to his normal class.
Secondly, the Last Rites power treads into the dangerous rule-bending territory of out-of-turn attacks. I'd recommend reading Scytale's article on why this can be problematic. You can get at the same idea if you a) specify that the opponent's figure destroyed yours with a normal, special, and/or leaving engagement attack (to get around the Knockback issue), and b) substituting a d20 roll for the attack.

Hope to see more Lawmen soon!
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can never have too many cowboys!

Gravestone: 4 defense seems like a lot for a Cowboy. I really like Lynch and Drag: it's extremely thematic and just oozes character. However, the wording of one part is confusing: placing the figure on the "non-leading end". Assuming she's a double-spaced figure, that still is rather odd. The horse's head should be the front end, but then what part of Q9 is considered the front end? And can you switch a double-spaced figure's direction at any point in your move? That part is almost a bit too customy to me, wording wise, and could probably just be removed. Also if you play on lava maps you should probably make it a same-level space adjacent to her to avoid that.

Chief Black Bear: He probably won't see much bonding use while Brave Arrow is around. I really like the idea of a Viking Spirit that heals instead of boosting stats. It could be difficult to use though. I could see dropping his point value to 30 or 40.

El Santos: This guy is by far the best unit of the four. The Knights of Weston with a Ranged bonding hero could be quite powerful, especially when he can punish those who kill the knights. Couple that with Eye For An Eye ranged counterstrike, and he'll be hard to kill from a distance. But then a screen of Knights with Coward's Reward... and then Last Rites... I can imagine dealing with this guy and a bunch of KoW could be a massive headache. There's no easy way of getting around to him. And he's Valiant, no less.

I'm not quite on the same page as Ishmel regarding attacking during an opponent's turn--it's fine for a Custom I think--but he is right regarding the blurred line of destroying figures. I'd make it so they have to be destroyed by an attack. Unless you really have your heart set on him being able to use Last Rites on Braxas that much

Samuel: Again 4 defense is a lot for a Lawman, but 3 life is low for 80 points so it balances out. I like the versatility he has, choosing between high range and attack or moving and double-attacking. He'd make great friends with Laglor, that's for sure. 'Scape could always use more snipers.

Overall a great batch. I could imagine quite the scenario you could have using these four together. I always like it when characters have linked Bios.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 6th, 2017, 07:40 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, if you do enter in the next competition I have a feeling you'll do rather well for yourself.

Lynch and Drag is a great power, adding a clause that inhibits you from flipping Gravestone while Dragging a figure could help things out, but I don't think there is any way to really get around that power feeling "customy" (though I don't think this is a problem at all, as long as it's clear). And another cavalry to smite those darn Utgarians.

I concur that Chief Black Bear could have his cost lowered a little, considering the fairly high possibility that neither of his powers will activate. I really like him though.

El Santos: the greatest bonding hero of all time. Also, only 110 points. I don't know this for certain, but I'm guessing that's a little low. I can see him and one set of Knights taking out Tor-Kul-Na "single" handedly.

Samuel's neat too, and though I don't have any critiques for him, I do have a question. Can he move 0 to use Quick Shot and not WTF?

To go way-back, Xorlof, er, Xorax is pretty scary. Limited flying is a nice power, I may steal that one as well.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:28 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'm going to go through here and address most of anything.

Gravestone: I can see an aversion to "Lynch." Would "Hung and Dragged" sound better? Or "Hanged and Dragged"?

I totally agree that "non-leading end" sounds a little clumsy. IT's kind of an odd power that went through four or five versions, so I'm not averse to changing it now. My intent was that you couldn't place the dragged figure ahead of you while moving in order to maximize the d20 roll, since that's an extra three or more spaces between the front and back end of her model (assuming she's double space, which I think she would be). If I took out the wording involving the non-leading end, perhaps I could cap the number of spaces the dragged figure could be moved to, say, 8 spaces, to account for a slight movement around one of her hexes?

Definitely agree on having it be a same-level space, as great as it would be be to lasso someone and drag them into lava or over a cliff...

Black Bear
: Definitely can see a lower cost for him. I'll go with 35-40 on the next revision.

El Santos: Yeah, I realized after I posted him that he could present some problems. I think nerfing Last Rites to only activate on a normal/special attack, or even just once per enemy turn, would help quite a bit. IshMEL, did you mean that you'd have to make a d20 roll in order to attack, or replace Last Rites' "attack" with a d20 roll?

That might also bring him closer to 110, but I could also see bringing him up a little. I'll also take your advice on the more official wording for his Champion status.

Sam Knight: Dr. G: that's a...good question. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that one. My response would be no, but I'm not sure how you would word that to make it seem right.

Thanks again for all the interest, guys. I do have a couple more cowboys I want to do, including Mulroney and some squads. Those will come later!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards