Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 3rd, 2014, 03:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
If you want to give me moral lessons or redo my education, do it by pm or give me neg rep, but i don't think it's interesting enough to worth a post.
Are you sure you want to be neg-repped every time you come across as rude? You may want to rethink that policy...
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
If you want to give me moral lessons or redo my education, do it by pm or give me neg rep, but i don't think it's interesting enough to worth a post.
Are you sure you want to be neg-repped every time you come across as rude? You may want to rethink that policy...

--

Foudzing, D_S said: "Don't make it an accusation until you've asked nicely first." You did the accusation first, then stated a question. Obviously the question could not have possibly been answered before the accusation.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:19 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Lol of course yes I am. I don't care about the neg/pos reps. What I care is the message that's in it.

Let's move on. If redoing my education is such an interesting and entertaining topic then you should create a topic about it.

I talk about sov and point out problems (sorry if i seemed rude that was not the goal) you are just taunting me.

Scytale and Soundwarp are doing a great job, I was wondering why ashi-dulu was reviewed so fast, scytale answered me, i was wrong, i apologized, no need to write a novel about it.

Last edited by Foudzing; September 3rd, 2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lol of course yes I am. I don't care about the neg/pos reps. What I care is the message that's in it.

Let's move on. If redoing my education is such an interesting and entertaining topic then you should create a topic about it.

I talk about sov and point out problems (sorry if i seemed rude that was not the goal) you are just taunting me.

Scytale and Soundwarp are doing a great job, I was wondering why ashi-dulu was reviewed so fast, scytale answered me, i was wrong, i forgived, no need to write a novel about it.
As someone who sometimes also has trouble being too loud and not backing down, I seriously recommend leaving it here, Foudzing - you aren't doing yourself any favours, and if you want to be taken seriously in future this isn't the way to do it. It's good to see you apologising, but a slightly more humble tone may be a better way to go about it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh sorry i typo in my last post (wrong translation).

Do not read: forgived
Read: apologized

Ps: seriously @Sherman Davies all i wanted was to apologize. It was typo.

Sorry again to all the sov guys if i was rude. That was not the goal.

Old September 6th, 2014, 03:55 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Prince Al'Kahora by Capsocrates

Balance- As a medium, standalone, nonsoulborg, melee hero Prince Al’Kahora has a lot of obstacles to overcome. Fortunately both of the Princes powers go a long way to mitigate his inherent drawbacks. With them he can hit hard or hit multiple figures. Because of these drawbacks he’s got some bad matchups, but when put in the right situation he can shine. He’s probably on the higher side of the acceptable point range, but I’d say he’s reasonably balanced.

Playability- Getting the first strike is very important when playing with the Prince. If your opponent gets the initial blow then often times he will not get enough turns to be worth his points. He’s too fragile to be sent recklessly into the fray. He is forced to wait in the edges of the map biding his time for a powerful attack. This can be a tricky strategy to pull off. You have to invest OMs moving just one figure for a gambit that might not work. When using this strategy he plays like a lone assassin.

He can hit very hard with Strike of the Puma. The threat of this is sometimes enough to affect how your opponent moves his figures. This is in a similar fashion to a loaded Atlaga or a 4 head hydra, albeit to a much less extent. He can do well in the mid to late game. During this time he can target the weakened and spread out forces before he is overwhelmed. As SoA noted he does better in lower point total. In those games one good strike of the Puma goes a lot further then in higher point games.

Creativity- There are some positives and some negatives when looking at him from a creative perspective. I liked the way that the two powers interact with each other. I also liked that the designer showed restraint with the complexity of the powers, while still keeping them interesting. On the other, hand some of the elements on the card seemed kind of tacked on or not thoroughly incorporated. For example the prince aspect of the character and the powers names, more on that in the theme section.

Theme- The theme of Prince Al’Kahora is where I see the most issues. The way the Prince's general, class, planet and synergies interact has no parallels to established scpae. Now this is neither a positive nor a negative. What it comes down to is the execution. This is where the Prince falters. He is a Jandar Knight, but yet he isn't from Earth like all other Jandar Knights. When Orcs from another plant were introduced they got a different general. When new Marro came that had nothing to do with the old Marro, they too got a new general. Prince Al’Kahora is both of these things, yet still follows Jandar.

The prince aspect is fine in theory, but he didn't play like a prince and he didn't seem like a prince on paper. What should have been the central aspect of the figure felt more like forced theme. The more I played him the more things got muddled thematically speaking. I never felt like there was an army he belonged in. “My OM is on Prince Al’Kora, I’m going to us Razorpetal Stance.” Phrases like that just never really flowed naturally to me.

As of right now there are 6 Jandar knights, all with strong thematic ties. I don’t see a reason to add a 7th Jandar knight with zero thematic ties.

Simpler units need to have a strong theme, which regrettably Prince Al’Kahora doesn't have. I vote to induct Prince Al'Kahora.
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:28 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I am nominating my custom, Urk for SoV consideration:

Balance- Urk stands before the Goblin Cutters as both a cheerleader and a warrior. With him priced at 50 pts you can fit him in almost any Cutter army with ease.
Playability- Urk mainly circles around the Goblin Cutters, he helps them mainly by dispatching them in the early game, giving the squad a good head start against the enemy. In the many playtest games he was involved in, Urk boosted the Cutters substantially and even survived a few rounds on his own. With help from his goblins of course.
Creativity- With two of his three powers being unique, Urk generates a good reputation as a Goblin leader. He has the ability to assist the Cutters throughout the game while also covering himself with his Ankle Slicer power.
Theme- An armored axe-swinging goblin could easily find himself a home in Utgars forces. The miniature stands well with the Cutters and looks rather menacing.
Availability- The figure used is the Acheron Goblin. I found 102 total. The miniature is highly available on eBay (53). As well as on Auggies (49).
Old September 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Very interesting. Unfortunately, I'm going to vote NAY. 2 spaces for all Cutters? What if you had 6 squads of them? I like the idea of Goblin Movement bonding in general (I have a custom that has that concept) but all that for 50 points is too much for me.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It does seem like a lot, especially with the auto-skull against most figures in the game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I am concerned about the number of potential moves and the potency of the auto-skull for the point value. But mine are mainly balance concerns which will come out in testing. Overall I like the concept and general execution. I'm willing to give him a go.

to review Urk
Old September 11th, 2014, 01:13 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I am concerned about the number of potential moves and the potency of the auto-skull for the point value. But mine are mainly balance concerns which will come out in testing. Overall I like the concept and general execution. I'm willing to give him a go.

to review Urk
I feel pretty much the same-way. I suspect he might be a bit too good, but to review Urk.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 11th, 2014, 01:38 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've done some work with customs before that have a similar "move everyone a little" based powers. It can be rather potent, but it relies on you setting it up by drafting a lot of the squad in order to make it more efficient than simply taking turns with them normally. This efficiency must also be weighed against the effectiveness of the turns you are taking instead of the moved squad in question. If they are otherwise in their threat range to start getting attacks or even just moving more into better position, the turns of a single attack melee hero may not quite be worth it.

From my previous experience, I wouldn't be quick to judge this goblin as overpowered. While he certainly can pack quite a punch against plus-sized figures, he is rather fragile on his own and must close to melee to put his attacks to use, making placing order markers on him a risky prospect. Although he is inexpensive, he still uses order markers that must otherwise move the goblins into position with a move of only 2, which is pretty sensitive to elevation changes. Even under ideal conditions, if you hang him back, you need at least 4 squads of goblins to make three turns with him potentially more efficient than just taking the turns with the goblins in the first place.

For all I know he is a bit too much with multiple squads, especially since I have often seen the goblins tend to be piloted such that they cluster up together in the first place, but there is an amount of order marker juggling that you need to consider in order to effectively mobilize your slow moving horde of goblins. If you focus too much on Urk, your opponent can charge your forces and claim some early kills without you counter attacking. Even if you use Urk to answer, his single attack isn't that potent outside of larger foes and then you risk having him killed and losing turns entirely. If you juggle OMs accordingly, you're then not even using the power in question that often. I suspect that he'll still be good in the right army (I'd be inclined to charge an out of the way glyph and then just use the now mobilized goblins), but I doubt that he'll be unbalanced overall.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs