Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' DC customs - Riddler

I'm more of a Marvel guy (Marvelscape is actually what got me into Heroscape in the first place) but I do read my share of DC stuff. The fate of Marvelscape might be up in the air right now, but it's safe to say that DCscape will be a long time coming, if at all.

Now since I dabbled a bit in Heroclix back when it first came out, a superhero minis game is not complete to me without the DC characters, so I recently decided to begin making my own customs for them. I'll be sharing them here in this thread for anyone who wants to leave me feedback on them. I don't have as much chance to playtest figs as I'd like, so if you give them a try please, PLEASE let me know what you think, especially in terms of point cost.

Knockback optional rule
Use Object optional rule

INDEX:

Amanda Waller - 30
Aquaman - 190
Arkham Inmates - 50
Bane - 150
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) - 70
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - 125
Batman - 175
Batman's T-Rex - Destructible Object
Batmobile - Destructible Object
Beast Boy - 130
Beast Boy (Aerial) - 0
Beast Boy (Ground) - 0
Big Barda - 290
Bizarro - 325
Black Adam - 350
Black Canary - 120
Black Lightning - 130
Black Manta - 150
Blackfire - 160
Blue Beetle - 110
Booster Gold - 220
Brainiac - 340
Captain Boomerang - 125
Captain Cold - 90
Captain Marvel - 350
Captain Marvel Jr. - 350
Catwoman - 100
Checkmate Knights - 100
Cheetah - 130
Clayface - 160
Commissioner Gordon - 50
Cyborg - 170
Darkseid - 395
Deadshot - 100
Deathstroke - 200
Doctor Fate - 325
Doctor Light - 230
Doomsday - 360
Easy Company - 60
Easy Company Medic - 30
Eradicator - 340
Etrigan - 275
Fire - 130
Firestorm - 240
Flash - 320
GCPD Cops - 60
Giant Penny - Destructible Object
Gorilla Grodd - 205
Green Arrow - 135
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) - 295
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - 320
Green Lantern (John Stewart) - 320
Green Lantern (Kilowog) - 290
Hank Henshaw - 355
Harley Quinn - 75
Hawkgirl - 130
Hawkman - 130
Huntress - 130
Ice - 100
Intergang Agents - 50
J'onn J'onzz - 325
Jesse Quick - 300
Joker - 125
Jonah Hex - 80
Kalibak - 320
Kid Flash - 145
Killer Croc - 190
Lady Shiva - 150
Lex Luthor - 285
Lexcorp Guard - 100
Man-Bat - 110
Manhunter - 170
Mary Marvel - 350
Maxima - 310
MCU Detectives - 70
Mister Freeze - 130
Mister Miracle - 170
Mongul - 370
Nightwing - 160
Parasite - 170
Penguin - 70
Poison Ivy - 110
Power Girl - 320
Ra's al Ghul - 140
Ravager - 130
Raven - 140
Ray - 230
Riddler - 60
Robin (Dick Grayson) - 65
Robin (Tim Drake) - 100
Scarecrow - 70
Sgt. Rock - 120
Silver Banshee - 175
Sinestro - 350
Solomon Grundy - 220
Starfire - 170
Steel - 185
Street Thugs - 40
Superboy - 235
Supergirl - 280
Superman - 380
Tommy Monaghan - 80
Troia - 260
Two-Face - 85
Wonder Girl - 180
Wonder Woman - 350
Zoom - 330

Last edited by Sherman Davies; Yesterday at 07:22 AM. Reason: Updated index
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs

They all look really awesome, but if I were you I would make Batman a little bit more powerful, him being the Darkknight and all. Still your great at making customs. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by ABOMINATION; September 3rd, 2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks - like I said, I haven't had a chance to playtest them yet, so you may be right about Batman. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity next week.

Anyway, here are a few more I came up with.

I may adjust the point values or abilities based on input and playtesting, and if I do I'll try and update the original pics.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 23rd, 2022 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added new customs
Old September 20th, 2008, 05:52 PM

So I had a chance to playtest a few of my customs the other day, specifically Batman, Robin (Dick Grayson), Superman, Clayface and Zoom. It ended up being a great 1000-point game against a mixed Marvel/Classicscape army consisting of Captain America, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, the Airborne Elite and Agent Carr. The game was very close, coming down to my custom Robin vs. Captain America with one wound left. Statistically, Robin should've lost but bad dice rolling on Cap's part gave Robin enough time to put that last wound on him and I won. It helped me get a little bit closer to accurate costing for those figures, as well as showed me some powers that needed to be tweaked or re-worded. I've updated the original pics for those figures in the original post, as well as added Zoom, who's new to the list.

For anyone who cares, Robin's cost has dropped from 110 to 70, Batman's dropped from 210 to 190 and Superman's from 390 to 380 (I played them using the lower costs). Superman's inspire power now requires a clear line of sight, but has no range limit, much like Red Skull's command ability. I also upped his heat vision's Attack to 4. There are some other changes but they're all cosmetic (Batman's background is more to my liking now that I know how to use GIMP a little better - thanks, whitestuff!).

Since the game was so close and neither of us had especially good or bad luck I think they are that much closer to being "final drafts" of the figures, but it'll probably take at least one more game with them for me to be confident of their fairness and playability. Again, if anyone here wants to comment on them - or better yet, has played with them - please lemme know.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; September 20th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Your NYPD detectives are in my custom group but they are Mulder and Scully...and I have an extra of the male figure who is now Chuck Norris
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:07 PM

How many points is Chuck Norris worth?
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
How many points is Chuck Norris worth?
I didn't make a card for him yet....most of my customs have no cards yet...I guess I am waiting for the plug to be pulled on the game itself and then I will start making cards
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM

Well they're not Chuck Norrises, but I came up with some cards to round out my Officer faction. Here they are:

And here's their fearless leader:

Gotham's Finest need some threats to confront, so here are some:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; March 15th, 2023 at 05:26 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM

Well, I already had Robin and Starfire, so I thought I'd add some more Teen Titans to fill out the team:

And just so they have someone to fight...

Last edited by Sherman Davies; November 16th, 2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 10/3 with Teen Tita

I like the Street Thugs. I really think that MArvel needs some Common squads, and yours are pretty cool.
Old October 5th, 2008, 11:04 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey these are some pretty sweet customs. It stinks that you hit this forum when everyone seems to be away and haven't got much feedback. I'll try to help...

BATMAN
- I would change the wording on Strategist to be a little more concise and less awkward: "After rolling for intiative and before anyone takes a turn, you may choose any Order Marker on any opponent's Army Card and that opponent must reveal it to you."
- Grapple Line 3 should start "Instead of moving normally..." to be more official.
- Points-wise I'd say 190 is a little expensive. I think Spider-Man would hand it to Batman in a fight. Spider-Man has a slightly better movement ability but a little worse special attack. However, Spider-Man's Spider Sense makes him incredibly hard to kill. Spider-Man's a 4/4 so worse than Batman's 5/5, but I think Spider Sense makes up for it. I'd say drop Batman to 170 because of Strategist.

CLAYFACE
- I might say "above or below" instead of "higher or lower than" in Pliable Body but that's just personal preference.
-Points-wise, again in comparison to Spider-Man I think Peter wins. Drop of 10-20 points I'd say.

HAWKGIRL
- Good all around. Officer is a bit awkward though I don't know much about her. Probably would have used Warrior or Protector, or Lawman if I wanted Officer but to stay in line with officials.

MAN-BAT
- I like Fly-By Attack, but it could be simplified a bit. "If Man-Bat did not use all his movement, he may finish moving after attacking." Ehh, it's still a little awkward.
- Points look good, maybe a tad bit (5-10) cheap because of his hit and run potential. You'd have to see how that plays out.

ROBIN
- Grapple Line should be Grapple Line 3 and "Instead of moving normally..."
- 70 still seems a bit high, but Acrobat is a good power. I think against anyone with a special attack, Robin is going to fall easily.

Hope that helps!

Old October 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Hey these are some pretty sweet customs. It stinks that you hit this forum when everyone seems to be away and haven't got much feedback. I'll try to help...
Hey, I appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks.

Quote:
BATMAN
- I would change the wording on Strategist to be a little more concise and less awkward: "After rolling for intiative and before anyone takes a turn, you may choose any Order Marker on any opponent's Army Card and that opponent must reveal it to you."
- Grapple Line 3 should start "Instead of moving normally..." to be more official.
- Points-wise I'd say 190 is a little expensive. I think Spider-Man would hand it to Batman in a fight. Spider-Man has a slightly better movement ability but a little worse special attack. However, Spider-Man's Spider Sense makes him incredibly hard to kill. Spider-Man's a 4/4 so worse than Batman's 5/5, but I think Spider Sense makes up for it. I'd say drop Batman to 170 because of Strategist.
Good advice on the wording for Strategist. As for the Grapple wording, I took the wording from Spidey's Swing Line ability and Sgt. Drake's Grapple, which begin with "Instead of a normal move..."

I do agree with you about the cost (wouldja believe I originally had him at 210 points with the exact same stats and abilities?). I've actually already been testing Batman at 170 points after comparing him to Sgt. Drake (SotM), who's widely considered to be a fairly costed figure. I haven't been updating the pics every time I change something on the cards - it's just too much trouble. I figure I'll update pics when I'm happy enough to have a "final draft."

Quote:
CLAYFACE
- I might say "above or below" instead of "higher or lower than" in Pliable Body but that's just personal preference.
-Points-wise, again in comparison to Spider-Man I think Peter wins. Drop of 10-20 points I'd say.
Yeah, Clayface will be a tough one to judge, as is any figure with an ability new to Heroscape. I've only played with him once, so I'll definitely have to keep working with him.

Quote:
HAWKGIRL
- Good all around. Officer is a bit awkward though I don't know much about her. Probably would have used Warrior or Protector, or Lawman if I wanted Officer but to stay in line with officials.
I chose Officer because she and Hawkman are police officers from an alien planet. I didn't think of using Lawman, but I had plans for Officer Bonding when I designed her. I suppose changing all my Officers to Lawmen would help them fit in with regular Heroscape a bit better, not to mention Lawman Bonding might help them see more action. Something to think about...

Quote:
ROBIN
- 70 still seems a bit high, but Acrobat is a good power. I think against anyone with a special attack, Robin is going to fall easily.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, this version of Robin is presenting more of a challenge than I thought he would. Next time I playtest him I'll be trying him at 60 points, much like Shiori. He is vulnerable to special attacks, but them's the breaks in a superpowered world. He's meant more as a distraction for thugs and low-powered figures than as a counter to gods. (He's designed to be in line with the fanboy theory that Batman dressed Robin up like that to be a moving target for machine guns. ) I'm also worried that allowing Acrobat to work against special attacks would be a bit broken. Who knows?

Again, thanks for the input. It's given me a bunch to think about.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations