Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 7th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heroscape Codex

I have recently volunteered to help out with the Heroscape Codex. If you're not familiar with it, it used to be a PDF magazine but is now regular articles periodically posted to the blog section of Heroscapers. The PDF issues are here.

2016 blog articles:
Spoiler Alert!

2017 blog articles:
Spoiler Alert!

2018 blog articles:
Spoiler Alert!

2019 blog articles:
Unit Strategy Review: Speedy (Mia Dearden)
Customs Creation: Design Fundamentals
Map Craft: Pre-set Glyphs
ARV Map Spotlight: Ruins of Rennoc by Flash_19
Scaper of the Month: Lazy Orang
Unit Strategy Review: Sub-Zero
C3G interview: Spidey'TilIDie
Scaper of the Month: IamBatman
Customs Creation: Playtesting
Scaper of the Month: Mr. Nobody
Unit Strategy Review: Rocket Raccoon
ARV Maps: July 2019
Unit Strategy Review: Torquemada
Scaper of the Month: scorpiusx
Customs Creation: September 2019
C3G Interview: IamBatman
ARV Maps - Tournament Map Selection
Customs Creation: Parallax
Unit Strategy Review: The Foot Clan
C3V Fiction Contest Winner - TheAverageFan
Scaper of the Month: Dysole
A special look inside the C3V with Dad_Scaper

2020 blog articles:
Scaper of the Month: All Your Pie
C3G Strategy Guide: Blue Lantern (Bro’Dee Walker)
C3G Interview: Japes
Customs Creation: Parallax 2.0
Scaper of the Month: Astroking112
Scaper of the Month: Necroblade!
Scaper of the Month: OrcEflArmyOne

Do you read the Codex?

If not, let me know why!

If you do, let me know what you would like to see!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; August 15th, 2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old March 7th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Codex

Something about VirtualScape or Tabletop Sim would be cool.

A terrain article including 3D printed items.

Flashback article that highlights great threads of the past. Like the custom Greyskull thread.
Old March 9th, 2018, 01:37 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've recently discovered it, have subscribed to it, and read it. So far I have enjoyed each article and don't really have any suggestions.

I will add that I did not read it before because I didn't really know what it was or how to subscribe to it.
Old March 9th, 2018, 11:30 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So glad you've starting reading it, bmon! Did you find all the PDFs of the older issues too?

Quote:
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My favorite thing from the old PDF versions was the scenario and custom terrain articles. Current version I like the strategy articles. I don't always read all of them because sometimes they seem a little lengthy.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:12 PM

What's a good length for you, Japes?

Quote:
Old March 9th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with Tornado's idea of highlighting threads of the past. There are a lot of cool map and custom threads that get forgotten about, as well as a ton of iconic strategy threads/articles that I think would be great to be put back in the spotlight once in a while, especially for people newer to the site.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 14th, 2018, 11:48 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
So glad you've starting reading it, bmon! Did you find all the PDFs of the older issues too?
Ooh, I haven't. I'll have to check those out! Thanks.
Old March 14th, 2018, 12:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I have recently volunteered to help out with the Heroscape Codex. If you're not familiar with it, it used to be a PDF magazine but is now regular articles periodically posted to the front page of Heroscapers.

Do you read the Codex?

If not, let me know why!
Not often. It doesn't feel like there are any news to find anymore, and I don't see much publicity for the Codex to keep it in my mind. I often forget about it entirely (despite the fact that I thought I had subscribed to it) unless I see something about it on the front page.

I also typically devote too much time to HeroScape already, so reading custom or map-making advice doesn't interest me a lot. I apologize if this isn't the majority of the articles, but for some reason all that I can really remember about reading the Codex is these kinds of things and the interviews with members of the site, neither of which are high priorities for me to spend my free-time reading.

I think that a more consistent and varied presence on the front page could easily convince me to read more often, especially if we start seeing things like sneak peeks/interviews on upcoming C3V releases, stuff with Craig Van Ness and Soaring Rhino, or even on occasional site updates.

Something else that I would be greatly interested in reading would be Strategy Guides, much like we used to see for the Books of classic units. I would love to read articles in that old format talking specifically about C3V-inclusive stuff (it could even double as drumming up interest for the most recent units), and if these could be linked to the relevant Books after release, it could stand as some new long-standing content for people to read and get interested in the Codex by.

I apologize if any of the above is already being carried out, as I haven't seen these things as a relative outsider to the Codex. If they are, then I think that it is more of a problem of appearance and getting the Codex (all parts of it) out there to the community. I certainly wouldn't complain about more front-page activity.
Old June 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Are the old pdfs still available anywhere? I wasnt able to find them when I looked around.

Old June 25th, 2018, 12:48 PM

You can find the PDFs here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=50784

Quote:
Old June 25th, 2018, 05:11 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Thankyouuu! I didnt have the file anymore for the issue #10 that I contributed to, sure is a blast to the past to be able to see that again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion