Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Wasn't there a clause in there that stopped you from Posseing if Clay was the only lawman left?
It's the word "other".
And you cannot be in clear sight of yourself, and it is not possible to have two claytons even if you hit a mind shackle on your opponents.
I still have thematic issues with Posse. It is a very cool power, I just don't feel that 10 move Lawmen on OM1 is in keeping with human speeds. The extra 5 move per round is like 1 and 2/5th per round. I would be concerned with LAWMEN LEADERSHIP giving every Lawman +1 move for the same reason.

Posse makes the Lawmen as a whole faster than the Kozuke Samurai with Charging assault.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:37 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Here's the version with a "at least one other" clause
Old July 23rd, 2020, 11:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This has the same issue as a certain shadow master...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 24th, 2020, 12:12 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Forgive me if any of this is old stuff, as I have not followed the design entirely through its process...

I feel like tying the other Lawmans’ movement more to Clayton similar to how the 8th Infantry’s Marching Orders works with the Soldier Heroes would make more sense.

Quote:
SHERIFF’S POSSE
After taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, if he did not attack during his turn, you may move each Lawman you control up to 5 spaces each. Each Lawman must be able to move within 3 clear sight spaces of Clayton Pierce in order to use Sheriff’s Posse.

SHOOTOUT
After taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, if he attacked an opponent’s figure during his turn, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card and take a turn with up to 3 Lawman Heroes you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Clayton. Figures taking a turn with Shootout cannot move during their turn.
You can work with the X OM or not. It will be interesting without an X OM trigger as you could get all Lawmen and Ranjit in an army easily. Not necessarily OP, just a really interesting combination of synergies.

Last edited by Sheep; July 24th, 2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old July 24th, 2020, 06:56 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Good catch. To be more explicit 12 'turns' per round make Azazal too likely to return. I believe this is compounded with being able to move Lawmen and there high range and ablility to spread out.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 24th, 2020, 07:11 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes but actually no

Except it's not 12 turns a round. It's 6. Shootout has a once per round requirement. For a turn it's like Shadowman, but Shadowman will still get more turns per order marker.

~Dysole, who read the card a couple times to be sure
Old July 24th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I still have thematic issues with Posse. It is a very cool power, I just don't feel that 10 move Lawmen on OM1 is in keeping with human speeds. The extra 5 move per round is like 1 and 2/5th per round. I would be concerned with LAWMEN LEADERSHIP giving every Lawman +1 move for the same reason.

Posse makes the Lawmen as a whole faster than the Kozuke Samurai with Charging assault.
It doesn't feel like it in play, though. Not any more than Orc Battle Rush makes the Death Chasers feel super fast. It just feels like a helpful reposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
As Dysole pointed out, it's a once-per-round power. So it's not 12 turns per round, it's 6, which is in line with any bonding squad.
Old July 29th, 2020, 12:11 AM

Knight of Roses Woo who?

So I was redirected here to share my first custom with a CV3/SoV member, how do I link/upload it?

Thanks!
Old July 29th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Roses View Post
So I was redirected here to share my first custom with a CV3/SoV member, how do I link/upload it?

Thanks!
Welcome to the site!

You can just type out all the text for your custom if you want, but an invaluable resource if you're making/sharing customs is the X-2 Customs Card Creator. You can edit the card completely to suit whatever your custom is. Then you just save the card. Putting the figure into the card is optional -- most of the time when people are posting here they just post a picture of the miniature being used separately, like the stock photo.

Sharing pictures on this site is a little involved since it's on the older side. First you need to upload it to a site where you can share it. A lot of people use Imgur or Facebook, and personally I use Discord since that's super easy to load and save pictures on for free. You can also upload directly to this site if you become a site supporter. When you're making the post you'll need to go to the top of the text box where you see all the options for fonts, boldness, etc. There's a little icon that has a sort of landscape on it, and when you hover over it it says "Insert Image." You click on that and a URL box appears. You need to go to your image, right click on it, click on "Copy Image Address" (not just "Copy Image"), and post the address in there. Then when you preview the post or publish it, it will pop right up!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got to share! As Scytale said in the other thread you may want to start considering making your own customs thread as well, especially if you have a lot you want to share. But this is a great place to get started and familiarize yourself with the mechanics of it all as well!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 29th, 2020, 10:38 AM

Knight of Roses Woo who?

Oh my! That link to the custom creator is amazing. Even has Aquilla and Vakrill. I've been using a PSD custom template that's a bit outdated I got from this site. Thanks! I will try to shift over to that.

As for how to come about it, how do I upload on discord for free? Where would I go to do that? I have a discord and that would certainly be the easiest option for me. My customs are fully made, picture, model/mini, abilities, edits, and all.

Thank you! Me too! I will definitely consider doing that as well.
Old July 29th, 2020, 11:12 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uploading on discord is super easy. Just drag and drop whatever photo you want into the discord chat. Then once its uploaded, click the photo then click "open original." That should open the photo in a new tab. Just copy the url in the new tab and then you can use that url to embed the image when posting on this site using the "insert image" button.

I would probably recommend creating a new server just for your photos. However, if they're customs you can also always share them on the "customs" channel of the heroscapers discord server, we'd love to have you! https://discord.gg/2DWMNzF

Also, if you're interested in designing custom cards specifically for continuity with classic scape, I'd highly recommend checking out and potentially joining the Arena of the Valkyrie project over here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55812

The goals of the project are similar to c3v in that we're designing units to fit within the design aesthetic of the classic figures. Whereas c3v membership is exclusive, however, AotV is open to anyone who is interested in designing figures that meet the project's mission and goals. There's also some level of overlap between c3v and AotV, as all the AotV figures are being designed with c3v compatibility in mind, and several c3v members are also involved with AotV as well.

If that's a project that you'd be interested in learning more about, feel free to let me know! I and I'm sure many others would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Old August 4th, 2020, 09:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It's been a long time since he was last in this thread, but I've been playing a lot of games with M.A.R.S. recently, and I am leaning pretty heavily towards this revision:

Compared to before, the only change is that his range was reduced from 8 to 1. He mostly relied on his Special Attack for value already, so the lack of a strong ranged normal attack doesn't hurt him too badly in terms of gameplay. The points could probably drop to accommodate this, since it's much more difficult to keep him safe now, but given the extensive debate about his balance before, I'm fine with him being below par competitively anyway.

The bigger problem that I have with this iteration is that it gives him Hoplitron bonding. Although his normal playstyle can continue mostly unaltered without them, the Hoplitrons make him significantly better for a variety of reasons. He can make a rush to the opposing Start Zone for less risk (in non-bonding armies, he's simply too slow to make dumping all of your OMs for the first two rounds on him viable), and in my tests so far, this is pretty much the optimal way to play him, so it's what he has to be balanced around.

I'm mostly looking for feedback on whether I'm the only one bothered by the Hoplitron bonding or not and to re-familiarize M.A.R.S. with everyone to avoid submitting him out of the blue after almost two years.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards