Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old February 24th, 2018, 11:55 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NEW CONTEST!!! - Contest Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Would the ARV consider accepting my Durgeth Swamps as a submission? I know maps are supposed to be made exclusively for the contest, but I made Durgeth Swamps exactly 1 month before this contest hit the front page, so I was wondering if, since it’s directly tied to the theme of the contest and not an “old” map, I could still submit it?
Backstory?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 24th, 2018, 11:59 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Would the ARV consider accepting my Durgeth Swamps as a submission? I know maps are supposed to be made exclusively for the contest, but I made Durgeth Swamps exactly 1 month before this contest hit the front page, so I was wondering if, since it’s directly tied to the theme of the contest and not an “old” map, I could still submit it?
Backstory?

~Z
I’ll write one if it’s allowed to be submitted.
Old February 25th, 2018, 09:07 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Leaf It and Flash19 - thanks for the submissions. I am loving the theme of this contest. Great job!
Old February 25th, 2018, 11:14 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I should probably get around to actually building my map so I can refine it, and/or write backstory, and/or create a second map...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Here it is:

Quote:
Durgeth Swamps
1 SotM, 2 TJ
After discussion, we agree with you. It was designed pretty close to the contest...it directly fits the theme and has the right terrain requirements. Feel free to edit this post as your official submission, or just make a new post but just make sure to add a backstory.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 25th, 2018, 02:04 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

Here it is:

Quote:
Durgeth Swamps
1 SotM, 2 TJ
After discussion, we agree with you. It was designed pretty close to the contest...it directly fits the theme and has the right terrain requirements. Feel free to edit this post as your official submission, or just make a new post but just make sure to add a backstory.
Thank you guys! I will edit the post and add a backstory soon. I’m also working on another map so this won’t be my only submission.
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:42 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

My second ARV submission:

Valley of Skulls build instructions. It uses 1 RoTV, 1 VW, and 1 TJ, with two random glyphs.

From the compendium:
Desolate valley in Volcarren that lies close to the border of the Volcarren Wastelands and Ticalla Jungle.

Personal backstory notes:
Nobody quite knows how the Valley of Skulls got its name. It lies undisturbed, and has done so for ages, at least according to the generals that rule the land. But folk tales and rumors are whispered between friends, shared over campfires in hushed tones, passed down through generations: an evil curse lies over that valley. The sprawling green forest has been shrinking, its boundaries infringed upon by volcanic rock from the north. Perhaps this is nature taking its course, the evil spirit once again establishing its control of the Valley of Skulls.
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:22 AM

majofa is surprisingly tart

Not a valid submission. Left here so the following posts would make sense.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by majofa; February 28th, 2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Not a valid submission
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:26 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

4 Palm Trees?
Old February 28th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@majofa looks like you’ll need to edit your map submission. There are only 3 palm trees in the Ticalla expansion.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:45 PM

majofa is surprisingly tart

Okay, I think I misread the rules then. (actually it's not in the rules and probably should be)

So we're allowed 1 base set and 2 expansions period?
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by majofa View Post
Okay, I think I misread the rules then. (actually it's not in the rules and probably should be)

So we're allowed 1 base set and 2 expansions period?
Yup, that's correct, so your entry will need a bit more renovation than just the trees as it looks like you have two base sets and two expansions plus one tree. (Of course, the swamp set can count as an expansion, but that would mean three expansions in that map.) It shouldn't be too hard to recreate, though. You just may be missing some hexes that you had.

Overall, though, it's a neat looking map. Thanks for the submission, and welcome to the site!

EDIT - Looks like you'll also want to up your start zone count - entries need to have 24 start spaces.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla