Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 16th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
As-is I'd say this is too custom-y for making heroscape canon. Otherwise looks like a fun "home brewed unit"
I don't agree. It is just a unique mechanism that hasn't been done before.
I agree and disagree. I don't think the idea's too customy, but it needs a lot more clarification and work shopping into a properly understandable form. I don't fully get what it's meant to do right now, but I think I like the idea!
Might work better if the simulacrum was something like a 5 Point figure with its own card and some basic clarifying text, even if it's statless/not meant to make LEAs/etc.
Agreed. The concept is good, but the Doppleganger needs a card, and it's stats need to be layed out. Even if it's cost is 0 (which you probably shouldn't do, make it 5 or 10 or whatever, but give it a cost. I would anticipate push back if it didn't have a cost.) you should define it, and state it's abilities. Say that it can't make LEAs, that it has 0 stats, that you can't place an order market on it, that it doesn't start on the board, that it can't be attacked, whatever it's needs to be, but define it.

Also, if the Doppleganger gives him a bonus with sneak attack, why would you ever not do that? He only attacks once, so there's literally almost never a reason not to give yourself Sneak Attack. You should just buff the stats to 5 attack, because you're never not going to have 5 attack, because there will almost never be a reason that you wouldn't put the Doppleganger right next to whoever you want to attack. It looks like the only reason the Doppelganger even exists, is to give that Sneak Attack buff. It would be much more interesting if there was a reason that you wouldn't want to put the Doppleganger right next to your target. Let the thing make LEAs so you can use it to tie figures up. Give it a reason to exist besides just guaranteeing Sneak attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards