Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Custom Zelrig Proxy Tutorial!!!

I, like several people on the boards here have not had the chance to acquire the Aquilla's Alliance set. Also now they are put on eBay for insane prices and aren't worth trying to bid on. On Roctroll's thread it was suggested that a proxy of Zelrig could be made with the Safari Ltd. Red Dragon. I recently acquired said dragon and with bits from an extra Mimring, I was able to make a very nice usable proxy.

Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; November 1st, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Custom Zelrig Proxy Tutorial!!!

Very cool tut and final result, and I like the combination of two cheaper dragons to make the king.

Of course, if you win the Online HS tourney, you can also get a Zelrig figure.
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Filthy.

I don't think any body with a loss can win the tourney at this point. Since after this round 3 people will be 4-0 and after that 1 or 2 will be 5-0. It was very generous though whoever put that as a prize.
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

That's pretty swanky though I might suggest some of the mods that .68 did on his Zelring to match the real deal even more.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks great!

Couple critiques, from a technical perspective:
If you just use the rubber bands, the mouth will slowly open again. The method most people on this board for re-posing figures is the following:
  1. Boil some water.
  2. Dip the figure (or part of the figure) into the boiling water and hold it there for a moment.
  3. Pull the figure out and repose it as quickly as possible.
  4. Immediately dunk the figure in ice water.
This will "shock" the plastic, forcing it to retain its previous shape. You could also use this to reposition the wings, since Zelrig's wings are a bit more curved than Mimring's.

Also, depending on the paint you're using, you probably want to spray some matte sealant on there, or it'll eventually rub off with repeated use.

That said, those are ultimately pretty minor (and easily fixable) errors, and this is a pretty great proxy.

Grinnell College '16
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM

Thanks guys for all the positive response. Fuzzie Fuzz, thanks for pointing that out. I think though with Mimring's head since of how it is connected to his mouth and neck I should be fine without the boiling water treatment. The only time I used the treatment was to debase a figure but that was it. Thanks for the insight. I never knew about the sealant. I'm going to have to get that on my nest trip to michaels.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Great tutorial Toogwick, thanks for posting. Loved the Quahon pic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions