Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:49 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Toogwick tuk's customs: Jandar Giant Champion (11/17/19)

New Custom Cards:
Borr

Borr combines his tireless attack and his giant attack spirit to the battles of Valhalla. He rounds out the last of my wave of giants (thought I still have many more figures of giants that I can design).

By General
Spoiler Alert!

By Set and Pack
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; November 17th, 2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: New Customs!!!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Toogwick tuk's customs

Welcome to the addiction!

You'll need to upload your creations to a site like Photobucket to display them here - or, better yet, become a site supporter and upload them to the gallery.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the help.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM

Farmer_Poopy Woo who?

I would suggest making blood fang curse a d20 roll of some sort, versus certain heroes its priced right but imagine if you used it on Q9?

On the Rock golem I honestly don't know how good the 2x auto shield is but it seems like it might be a bit too good (or maybe not since he only has 3 life)
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM

williamj35 Woo who?

Hello Toogwick tuk! Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and have found it a great place to get feedback. People are helping me, so I figure I'd better return the favor.

I like your cards. I especially liked Sullo's powers. They seemed like a perfect thematic fit.

Re: Shyanna. I REALLY like her "Magical Familiarity" power. Seems like we need more figures like that to strengthen the elf wizards that came out in wave (...wave 8? ...I think so.).

Her Blood Fang Curse might be a bit strong. She doesn't have to roll a d20, and figures can't roll defense dice against it. All she has to do is get w/in 7 (clear sight?) spaces and she can destroy the most powerful figures in the game. Cool power, and definitely a good idea to add more strong women to the game, but maybe she should cost a little more.

I liked the Clay Golemn, too. Clay Tough seems like a good thematic fit for him. And two automatic sheilds is pretty awesome. I can't figure out if he's the right price or not...pricing is something that always hurts my brain (too much to think about!). What is your approach to calculating the value of a power like Clay Tough?
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:48 PM

Yeah I think the clay golem might be a little to tough. Should it be like the Breakable wall section in the marvel set where he only gets the special defense when attacked by small or medium figures?

I think I got a little carried away with the Blood Fang Curse power. I think I'll make it more like Atlaga's Bolt of the Witherwood power so that a D20 would have to be rolled and have the range be 5. I think that two wound markers might be to much so I'll change it to one every round.

is this better?

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; March 22nd, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:57 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Welcome to the Customs Community, TT!

You have very interesting units with some great thematic abilities. You have done a good job of conveying their "flavor" through their abilities.

With Clay Tough, 2 automatic shields is very powerful. With his base defense of 2 that gives him a statistical defense of 8. You have a 1/3 chance of rolling a shield on one die so to have a statistically guranteed shield you would have to roll 3 defense dice. So, for every automatic shield, it is equivalent to a defense of 3. So, 2 auto shields= 6 defense plus his base defense of 2= Defense 8. I hope that makes sense. Also, with 2 auto shields, it means he will automatically be impregnable to the normal attack of several squads. If they have an attack of 2, without any bonus', they will never be able to hit him.

All that to say, yes, you might want to reconsider that ability. You could keep a base defense of 2 and give him 1 shield defense (one shield blocks all damage) or if he rolls at least one shield the most wounds he will take from the attack is 1. There are a few options that could still give him a tough defense without being too powerful.

Again, I like the way you have fit theme into each of the cards. My favorite way to design abilities- I look at a sculpt and let it tell me a story and then I design the abilities to go with the story. So, theme is extremely important to me, even more so than "revolutionary" new mechanics. A simple ability packed theme wins out every time in my book.

Keep it up!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM

I just changed the Clay Golem to be more balanced.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM

Here is my first squad the Kobold Cutters!

I think that it is the right price but I'm not extremely sure. Also I think that their build nest power might not be explained well enough. Feedback would be great
Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM

williamj35 Woo who?

I like the Kobold Cutters.

Maybe they should be accompanied by a destructible object card for the nest? That way, your opponent can try to come in and burn 'em down. that would be a fun dynamic.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Hmmm.... I like that idea. That would also make the card less text heavy so I could add climb X2 or scale.
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:53 PM

williamj35 Woo who?

I was in a fish and pet store today and saw some reptile bowls that could make good nests maybe. Something along these lines.

EDIT: This one is a little better. Looks like a hollowed out log. The one I saw at the store looked like a pit carved out of sand.

Last edited by williamj35; April 5th, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards