Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 1st, 2019, 10:59 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Also, Xundar's special attack at 4 is still a sticking point to a number of us. Maybe 3 and a +1 if it's adjacent to one of your Shadows.
I'm not worried. The testing I've done has proven it to be just fine and honestly far from broken. With the current power level of the Shadows, Xundar's special is needed, but if the Shadows get stronger because of whatever the Fiend becomes, then I think it might need altering, but right now I'm really not concerned.
Broken or not isn't the concern. It's whether or not an ability like that should be 3 dice or 4. Even if it wasn't broken at 10 dice, it shouldn't be 10 dice, because it doesn't fit the game or type of unit.
Oooooh okay, I see what you’re saying. That’s the first time Someone has explain to me what the actual concern about the special really is. This entire time I thought you were all concerned about power level not Theme. I guess that kind of makes sense, though a sorcerer casting a living being into Shadow seems pretty powerful to me. That said, I’m beginning to like the idea of it being 3+ and he gets 1 extra (up to +2) for each adjacent Shadow. Seems very thematic that is sorcery would be stronger to transform when he’s got his minion shadows near by.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 1st, 2019, 08:29 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also, Xundar's special attack at 4 is still a sticking point to a number of us. Maybe 3 and a +1 if it's adjacent to one of your Shadows.
I'm not worried. The testing I've done has proven it to be just fine and honestly far from broken. With the current power level of the Shadows, Xundar's special is needed, but if the Shadows get stronger because of whatever the Fiend becomes, then I think it might need altering, but right now I'm really not concerned.
Broken or not isn't the concern. It's whether or not an ability like that should be 3 dice or 4. Even if it wasn't broken at 10 dice, it shouldn't be 10 dice, because it doesn't fit the game or type of unit.
Oooooh okay, I see what you’re saying. That’s the first time Someone has explain to me what the actual concern about the special really is. This entire time I thought you were all concerned about power level not Theme. I guess that kind of makes sense, though a sorcerer casting a living being into Shadow seems pretty powerful to me. That said, I’m beginning to like the idea of it being 3+ and he gets 1 extra (up to +2) for each adjacent Shadow. Seems very thematic that is sorcery would be stronger to transform when he’s got his minion shadows near by.
It seems that you have high hopes for this hero. I saw your with Agrah Nanh and doing playtests by yourself it yields more insight on the figure being playtested. Some of playtests were solo, but I used my phone than a dry erase board which I do not have.
Old March 12th, 2019, 10:59 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like this for the Shadow Fiend. I think I'm going to try this one out.

Quote:
CHILLING FLIGHT
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn you may choose up to 2 figures it passed over this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure, adding 1 to your roll for each Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
Thoughts anyone?

The idea here is along the lines of Chilling Touch except that the Shadow's are spreading cold as they fly, and that cold intensifies with other shadow's around.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:10 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the idea. Why does it hit 2 figures, though? Just seems a little odd (even?) to hit specifically 2; to me it feels like it should either hit 1 figure or each figure it flies over, my personal preference being 1.
edit -- Just read back a few posts, looks like 2 was to keep it from being overwhelming, but that just strengthens my preference for choosing 1 figure, especially since you still get to attack with the Fiend afterwards anyway.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I like the idea. Why does it hit 2 figures, though? Just seems a little odd (even?) to hit specifically 2; to me it feels like it should either hit 1 figure or each figure it flies over, my personal preference being 1.
edit -- Just read back a few posts, looks like 2 was to keep it from being overwhelming, but that just strengthens my preference for choosing 1 figure, especially since you still get to attack with the Fiend afterwards anyway.
Not sure it really matters if it’s 2. I mean Nilfeim can Attack 3 times but there’s no particular reason why. He could just attack 1 figure or 5 but to keep it balanced it was probably set at 3. Same could be said here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:44 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it's more the theme. Nilf is shooting Ice Shards, makes sense that he's hitting 3 different guys. To me, the Fiend hitting specifically 2 guys while flying over them just seems oddly specific, because if he has time to hit more than one, it feels like he should hit all of them since he's flying over them anyway. That or just choose one to hit while flying. Not sure if that makes sense, but I don't know that it's something you want to discuss anyway.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 13th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think it's pretty neat, though I second Bigga's preference for just one. It does get a normal attack afterwards as well, so it's already a solid double-attacker. Play with the d20 target and the Attack value to adjust power level. If you still want to focus it more on anti-squad, add a restriction that it cannot Chilling Flight and attack the same figure. I would do it by restricting Chilling Flight to something he does not end his move adjacent to.
Old March 13th, 2019, 11:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I really like this for the Shadow Fiend. I think I'm going to try this one out.

Quote:
CHILLING FLIGHT
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn you may choose up to 2 figures it passed over this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure, adding 1 to your roll for each Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
Thoughts anyone?

The idea here is along the lines of Chilling Touch except that the Shadow's are spreading cold as they fly, and that cold intensifies with other shadow's around.
Ill second bigga here on the one attack as well and the name of the power sounds a little wierd. Something like shadow swoop or something describing the attack would sound better.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:32 PM

I appreciate the feedback. I think the below is simpler now and still thematic and can still pack some damage. I like where this is headed.

Quote:
CHILLING FLIGHT
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn you may choose a figure it passed over this turn and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
I don’t love the name of the power though...here are a couple ideas:
1. Shadow Swoop
2. Piercing Darkness
3. Shadowraze
4. Dark Flight
5. Dark Chill

Idk just spitballs...thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Flight of Darkness
Shadow Flight
Overshadow
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

With him being a shadowy demon using his flight diving in hitting targets as he passes a swooping demon seems the most thematic to describe the attack.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Shadow Swoop, Dark flight, and Shadow Flight, because it's a Shadow that's doing the attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards