Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 26th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Sweet idea! I've been toying with a movement-boosting Mariedian for a while now, but I really like the mechanic you've come up with and its soft synergy with Guerilla Tactics. Just out of curiosity, why the name change from the original card? Soontir Van isn't a bad name, but I really like the sound of Jeb Vandalay.

I'll echo the others with the point change possibility, for all the reasons mentioned.

I like Leader, but Determined feels weird to me for some reason. I feel like Resolute might fit better -- it's about the same thing but matches him more closely with the M-43.

And this is kind of nitpicky, but I have that mini and I'm not the biggest fan of it since it's really thin and looks kind of wimpy compared to the other Mariedians, IMO, especially for a dude in armor. I'm not sure if that would make me downvote it alone, but it is a consideration. I know there are a bunch of other Star Wars minis that would work great as Mariedian leaders, though (I've been through a bunch), so it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement if you're open to it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Just from the picture, the mini does not feel great.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 26th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Sweet idea! I've been toying with a movement-boosting Mariedian for a while now, but I really like the mechanic you've come up with and its soft synergy with Guerilla Tactics. Just out of curiosity, why the name change from the original card? Soontir Van isn't a bad name, but I really like the sound of Jeb Vandalay.
All the Mariedian heroes follow the same naming convention so far: two syllable first name, then one syllable last name. I don't think it's a hard and fast rule that needs to be followed, but I figured following that convention would be better than ignoring it. One of the judges last time also said that Vandalay was too silly sounding.

Quote:
I like Leader, but Determined feels weird to me for some reason. I feel like Resolute might fit better -- it's about the same thing but matches him more closely with the M-43.
Both convey the same thing, so I'm happy to make that change.

Quote:
And this is kind of nitpicky, but I have that mini and I'm not the biggest fan of it since it's really thin and looks kind of wimpy compared to the other Mariedians, IMO, especially for a dude in armor. I'm not sure if that would make me downvote it alone, but it is a consideration. I know there are a bunch of other Star Wars minis that would work great as Mariedian leaders, though (I've been through a bunch), so it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement if you're open to it.
Star Wars minis have such a huge variance in their size. I'm happy to switch if need be, since there are so many minis out there that can fit this design. Here's some other sufficiently available minis I own that are a bit bigger (the 5th one won't work, there's only about 30 out there). The far left is one of the B-11 Resistance Corps for comparison.
I like the 3rd and 4th the best out of these.
Old September 26th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
All the Mariedian heroes follow the same naming convention so far: two syllable first name, then one syllable last name. I don't think it's a hard and fast rule that needs to be followed, but I figured following that convention would be better than ignoring it. One of the judges last time also said that Vandalay was too silly sounding.
That makes sense, although I'm certain no one would complain if the syllabic conventions were broken. I don't think Jeb Vandalay sounds silly, personally, though it does give me the feel of one of those brash self-proclaimed resistance heroes that you see a lot of in the genre (which is part of the draw for me). Though that doesn't suit the current mini as well -- it was good for your older one, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Star Wars minis have such a huge variance in their size. I'm happy to switch if need be, since there are so many minis out there that can fit this design. Here's some other sufficiently available minis I own that are a bit bigger (the 5th one won't work, there's only about 30 out there). The far left is one of the B-11 Resistance Corps for comparison.
I like the 3rd and 4th the best out of these.
The 3rd looks cool, if still slender. I'm not sure about the hot rod color scheme for the 4th as a resistance fighter. Might I suggest this guy:

He has two guns so you don't need to worry about switching out and rebalancing the double attack, and he's the same size/build as the other Mariedians (I've used him in my own customs -- one of my more embarrassing ones since I made him a cowboy then realized he doesn't have a cowboy hat ).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 28th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback, BiggaBullfrog & everyone else. I'm going to keep working on Soontir Van on my own. I'm sure I'll be back soon enough with a more polished draft.
Old September 29th, 2018, 07:01 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

If not already under consideration, it should be:

~ Astroking112

I'd forget about Athlete, and make him a Rogue . . .

Old September 29th, 2018, 07:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think Astro is working on a whole faction of these guys for a possible SoV submission.
Old September 29th, 2018, 08:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

@superfrog is right. I'm currently working on posting them all to my personal customs thread, but I do intend to submit them for SoV consideration later. This is just one of four heroes for the faction, which will also include a squad.

I'm honored by the support, though, @kolakoski ! I can't really make him a Rogue since it would disrupt the synergy with the rest of my faction, but I appreciate the extra attention.
Old October 5th, 2018, 12:51 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Heyo. Back again for some feedback. I've found some sweet minis, all with plenty of availability. A Drow Sorcerer commanding the very shadows to hunt, manipulate and kill you in the dark...I think this is a solid set I've got going. I've done enough tests to feel them out and work with with a number of you. I feel pretty happy with where they're at, though I'd like to see if a broader audience can help shed some light on these shadowy things.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 5th, 2018, 01:04 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shadow Man

I like the concept in general, but I need a little more percolating time. I'm not sure I like the tentacle bonding with the arrow gruts. That feels off to me.

~Dysole, finding the concept pretty clever
Old October 5th, 2018, 01:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Tentacle + Arrow Gruts doesn't feel right to me either. I suggest disabling that.

Why does the sorceror have a melee attack of 4?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 5th, 2018, 01:31 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a very mild comment on account of me not having the acumen to theorize about anything else, but since Shadow Summoning requires him to be unengaged then it should probably take place instead of attacking rather than after moving. You'll never be able to attack an enemy figure and summon on the same turn anyway, so changing it to replace the attack makes that fact a bit clearer while still functioning roughly the same.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards