Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 10th, 2021, 01:15 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Executioner 616

About four years ago, @Pumpkin_King pointed out that there exists a version of the MechWarrior Neanderthal sculpt painted in red & black (and gold), called "El Diablo Rojo" (#082). PK's post didn't seem to attract much attention at the time, but recently I started looking for this mech and found to my surprise that Troll & Toad had 130 of them at $0.99 each.

I ordered two of them (I wanted a backup in case one was painted badly, damaged in transit, etc.), and after a surprising number of errors which T&T eventually corrected, I finally received them this week. This version looks great in person, and is such a better fit for the Utgar Soulborg color scheme that I started in on rebasing it immediately. It does have a weird little run of white paint around the torso, but it's a trivial task to overpaint that with black. (I had not noticed this in T&T's product image when ordering, but in the image above you might be able to spot it at the figure's waist and left armpit.)

I'm glad I got two of them, because (apparently) WizKids made this in two variations: one where both feet are flat on the base, and another where the right foot is up on its tiptoe. It turns out that I was shipped one of each. The tiptoer seems to be the more common configuration (or perhaps my flatfooter was just a rare misassembly; I really don't know).

In any case, here's a version of the Army Card showing this paint scheme, for anybody else who has/wants the El Diablo Rojo paint job.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; September 10th, 2021 at 02:53 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs