Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

View Poll Results: Are you enjoying/involved in watching my battle reports?
Not at all 1 1.32%
They're alright 5 6.58%
I like em 11 14.47%
Great job, I watch em 23 30.26%
Love em! Look forward to each new video. 38 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11th, 2017, 12:38 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sir Heroscape's Battle Reports - YouTube Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Here's a battle suggestion. The battle of Marr. Three players. One person controls the Marro, one controls the Vipers and the last person controls the Primadons. Point values are up to you. The map should be a swamp/jungle based map, and custom units are obviously permitted. How you design the map is up to you too.
I think this needs to be a 4 player game with the raptorians being represented as well.
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Last couple weeks of videos based off of my customs, ENJOY!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 6th, 2017, 07:35 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quite a few videos I've forgotten to link here! I'm a month behind...yikes! ENJOY!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:10 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know you've created a ton of videos, but somehow I've never actually tuned in. Just watched my first one a bit ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! I really like the editing. It speeds the game up and really makes it watchable. Very nicely done!

The one I watched was the totally random armies on the shrine map. I noticed a rule difference in leaving engagements in how it would be played at my house. Towards the end (at 19:55) when you moved Charos over the WL, you rolled for leaving engagement. Was there a figure I couldn't see? Or did you roll because he flew over the WL?

I never would have considered that leaving engagement. The rules about leaving an engagement are that it occurs "as soon as you move away from [a figure that you're engaged with] (onto a space that's not adjacent to it)". Neither of those are true. It is not moving away. It is not moving onto a space that's not adjacent to it.

Is there something I'm missing and have been playing that wrong? Or a mistake in your game?

(Also, just a tidbit... You are free to call him what you want and pronunciations are really debatable in Heroscape, but Charos was intended to be "Car-os". It's apparently one of the few pronunciations Hasbro actually commented on.)

Great video! I will be checking out more. Thanks!
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

They played that right. If you start flying while engaged with another figure, you immediately take a leaving engagement attack, even if you stay on/above the spaces next to that figure for your whole movement.

Oh, and I still say Charos like Sir Heroscape does. Can't break my habit.
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:42 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
They played that right. If you start flying while engaged with another figure, you immediately take a leaving engagement attack, even if you stay on/above the spaces next to that figure for your whole movement.
Wow. We've been playing it wrong then. That seems really crazy and is contradictory to what the rulebook says in leaving engagement section. I don't mean to be "that guy", but is there a section in the rulebook that covers this exception?

Thanks!
Old November 7th, 2017, 03:08 PM

Ok nevermind. This makes more sense the more I think about it. It must have been included in an FAQ or something for clarity on special powers.

Anytime Flying is used, it must trigger leaving an engagement to keep the rules straight forward. If, for example, the figure you're engaged to was standing directly under a 1 hex wide bridge and you flew over it to the other side of that figure, you would thematically be disengaging since there is a bridge between you during that movement. Since flying can take you as high as you want to go, the only way to keep it streamlined is to say: if you fly, you leave engagement.

Don't want to devolve this thread into a rules discussion. I get it. Thanks for the help!
Old November 7th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Ok nevermind. This makes more sense the more I think about it. It must have been included in an FAQ or something for clarity on special powers.
Not to further hijack the thread, but I just wanted to point out that it's in the Flying power. The last line always says "When [name] begins to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks." So as soon as you turn Flying "on," you take the attacks. It's often missed though and it's good to clarify every once in a while.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 7th, 2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Not to further hijack the thread, but I just wanted to point out that it's in the Flying power. The last line always says "When [name] begins to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks." So as soon as you turn Flying "on," you take the attacks. It's often missed though and it's good to clarify every once in a while.
Wow! I really don't know how I missed that. I suppose Flying is just so easy to understand that there has never been a need to dissect the wording of it. And shame on me for not looking there first.

Embarrassing. Thanks for pointing that out though. I often play with someone who likes me to be able to back these things up with the rulebook. No need to with it right on the card! RTFC!!
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:20 AM

This weeks video is a scraps battle...been a while since we've done one of these!!
Sir Heroscape: Kon-Tar-Na, Nagrubs X3, Ne-Gok-Sa, Marcu
Lady Heroscape: Monks X3, Rhogar Dragonspine

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Couple of videos to add

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 28th, 2017, 01:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Really loved the heroes only battle!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports