Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Ah, I see. A "before taking a turn" power would not conflict with an "instead of taking a turn" power.

-snip-

Making a power that changes how other cards work is messy at best, and potentially problematic, especially if we start giving Lawmen "before taking a turn" powers.
In the same post you stated that "before" and "instead" don't conflict so we're currently fine as-is, but then you say future "before" powers on other Lawmen would be problematic. Which is it?
When I said they wouldn't conflict, I mean they they don't prevent each other. Probably. I could see arguments either way, but I think a strict reading would allow both.

Which would make things messy with any "before" power on any Lawmen card (including Clayton), as you could fire off the "before" power on a Lawman card, then substitute that turn with Shootout, which could be used to take a turn with that Lawman again, and possibly fire the "before" power again. Yuck.

Quote:
Again, "fresh" is a matter of degree. Leaders are going to create some kind of synergy within their faction, and it is often going to be similar to that which already exists in others. This is similar but different, which may be fresh to us but not to some.
Of course, it's all a matter of opinion. Personally I would rather we try to find other avenues for cowboy leadership other than another "give other units turns" version. But as an SoV Judge I'll judge any unit on its own merits, as is my role. It would be up to the Inner Sanctum as a whole to decide if a design like this should be added to canon.

Quote:
So far there's barely any boundary-pushing (which new designs need to do from time-to-time; there are over 300 existing cards) and haven't been any rules headaches.

Do you mean with this design, or with VC in general? Because rules headaches are practically an everyday problem in Editing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards