Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I can't say that I'm a big fan of Inspiration. The theme doesn't feel completely cohesive to me (especially for Evil Inspiration, which lets Sirenia "inspire" an opposing Sir Gilbert to attack his own teammates?). Taking turns with other player's units has always been attributed to some form of Mind Control (though to be fair, friendly units aren't an explored design space there), so I can't help but feel like the power would be more suited to some kind of a siren's song like your original theme for Sirenia. I'm ambivalent towards the short-ranged aura--on one hand, we don't really see figures like Runa at all anymore, but on the other, it's not a style of figure that I've particularly missed and comes with a lot of inherent flaws.

I'm not enthused about the second attack on Sonic Sword. It can already target more than one figure, and if Sirenia is keeping some form of Inspiration, then there's already the (rare) potential for multiple attacks per turn. Honestly, I'd prefer to drop the Special Attack entirely for a solid normal attack and leave her with just Life Drain and an Evil Inspiration-esque power. If her purpose is to serve as a distraction like Runa with a 1/20 risk (plus some life draining to keep herself alive), then she doesn't really need to also be a general-purpose multi-attacker.

As for Rania, I think that a different implementation of the inspirational theme could be more interesting and thematic. The figure looks like it's rallying figures to her side to me, which leaves plenty of room for alternate interpretations. As a quick example:
Quote:
RALLY
After taking a turn with Rania, you may move up to X units that you control who follow Ullar up to Y spaces each. Figures moved by Rally must be able to end their movement adjacent to Rania.
That plays into Ullar's focus on movement while still giving her the feeling of a soldier leading her troops into battle. The Ullar restriction could easily be cleaned up; I mostly just think that it would be neat for her to lead some elves into battle rather than build a hodgepodge of Unique Heroes to try and get lucky with Inspiration on them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards