Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 8th, 2021, 04:07 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 9/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
The Knight of Scape v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* The Guild of 90ish Point Heroes (+Ninjas): Janos, C'Rik, Rygarn, Etiana, Wastewalker Gage, Byrikon the Hiveless, Isamu, Otonashi
* Skeletons in Space: Skeletons of Annellintia x3, Ataraxis the Starlich, Marcu Esenwein, Iskra Esenwein
* God Save the Queen: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Byrikon the Hiveless, Eltahale
* Choose (Your Dragon) Wisely: Greenscale Warriors x4, Altais of the Deep, Othkurik the Black Dragon
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.
Playing tomorrow at 2PM CT.
I butchered this game pretty badly, managing to get Altais killed on KoS's 2nd OM.

KoS ran basically the whole game by putting OM1 on Janos and OM2 on Rygarn to switch to Janos to give Janos' explorer power a double use per round, which worked really well.

KoS won init in round 1 and moved up Janos, Etiana, & Byrikon via Janos' power. I then moved Altais up way too far forward to take a greedy attack at Janos, which did 1 wound but let Janos get adjacent to Altais. My plan was to then try to kill Janos on my OM2 with a bunch of boosted greenscales, but I didn't realize Rygarn actually --moves-- the OM (I thought he just transferred it), so KoS got an extra 2 attacks on his OM 2 via Janos attacking twice and then 'bonding' with Etiana, who killed Altais after Janos put 4 wounds on the dragon.

That basically ended the game, but I swarmed in with as many greenscales as I could after that without a dragon and they did fairly well (way over average rolling), killing Byrikon (who did nothing this game) and putting 3 wounds on Etiana (who became a road-block to protect Janos), 3 more wounds on Janos, and 2 on C'Rik (1 was from a t-glyph trap) before the greenscales all died.

That left Othkurik to charge in at the end, and he managed to finish off C'Rik but then fell quickly to Janos' SA.

I'm about 98% sure that my drafting the Altais army 1st was a mistake after playing the game; the heroes were a lot stronger with Janos getting to activate Explorer twice per round (via OM switching).

Thoughts on individual figures:
Altais - not much to report as I got him killed way too early to do anything, but I don't think KoS would have given me many/any chances to actually move figures and get multiple attacks per turn in.
Janos - quite strong with Rygarn, and 6 life gave enough survivability to take risks early on with him
C'Rik - seems reasonably strong; off-turn moving via Janos was kinda needed to ever get him involved, but it let him do some big damage to my GWs and Othkurik late
Etiana - 9 range scared me before the game, but her 1 shield blocking all damage actually did more for her his game as she turned into a roadblock / screen once I got Altais killed early
Byrikon - didn't really do anything other than waylay 1 GW for a few turns until he killed Byrikon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting