Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 23rd, 2015, 08:46 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Sterilizing Pear - probability calculator for Heroscape

Sterilizing Pear - probability calculator for Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers

Hi guys! I’m here with my first Android app, Sterilizing Pear. It’s a probability calculator for Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers that gives average wounds per attack, and percent chance of getting at least 1-6 wounds in that attack. In addition, you can choose any number of special abilities such as Deadly Strike/Tough/Paralyzing Stare and get the same statistics for attacks involving them. I believe it’s the most in depth source of probability tables for Heroscape out there right now. There is no iPhone version currently (or one underway) because droid master race I do not know how to program iPhone apps. If you would use an iPhone version of this app, just let me know and I can try to make it happen.

Features currently supported: Attack and Defense values up to 12
Offensive Abilities: Deadly Strike/Twinflame, Intense Strike (AotP), Red Flag of Fury, Venomous Sting, Paralyzing Stare, Net Trip, Stinger Drain and Poison Weapons/Poison Sting/Venom Ray .
Defensive Abilities: Shields of Valor, Tough, Iron Tough, One Shield Defense, Hato’s Aura, Defensive Agility/Stealth Dodge, Vanish*.
Poisonous Powers and Vanish support user inputted cutoffs for their d20 rolls.
*use Vanish for any defensive ability that negates wounds with a certain D20 value rolled. It’s named after Vanish because of my personal favorite of the bunch @dok

With this app, I set out to make all of the toggles play well together. For example, if you wanted to know what the chance of being counter struck in a Deadly Strike vs. Tough and Shields of Valor 4v5, I want to be able to offer that information. The app should do that*, although Heroscape rarely has questions of what order to apply buffs in, so I kind of made up what I thought was best based on what the cards read for some weird power combinations.
There are some exceptions:
Paralyzing Stare + Net Trip just gives Paralyzing Stare values. Not a priority to fix since I don’t know how you get those both at the same time or why you would make a custom that had both.
Stinger Drain will give the counter strike chance for when the player actually attacks, ignoring the Drain case. I figured this was the most informative but it’s kind of weird. Not sure exactly what is the most informative counter strike information for Stinger Drain tbh.

screenshots:
Spoiler Alert!

Features that may be implemented in the future:
Spoiler Alert!

If anyone spots any bugs/incorrect values from this app, please let me know. I’ve only been programming for a few months so I can’t guarantee I didn’t miss obvious things. I also only tested it on my own phone, so I don’t know what it’s like on other devices. At the very least, the app is fast and doesn’t crash, so that’s good. Any general feedback such as interface tips or features you want to see would also be appreciated. I made this app for myself to learn from primarily, but I’d love to hear that other people are using it. Hope you enjoy the app!
Old December 24th, 2015, 04:04 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sterilizing Pear - probability calculator for Heroscape

That's really cool!

How/where did you learn to make your own apps?

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old December 24th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Wicked. I like to run simulations on customs to get an idea of attack output and survivalbility when testing them.

This will help that process.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 24th, 2015, 09:18 AM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
That's really cool!

How/where did you learn to make your own apps?
I learned Java in a class for my major, and I learned the parts of Android Studio I needed to learn through lots of patience and lots of Stack Overflow/Youtube tutorials.
Old December 24th, 2015, 02:48 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Whoa, this is awesome. My friend's Computer Programming class is going over this type of stuff at the moment. Not as extreme as what you're doing, I'm sure.
Nice work.
Old December 24th, 2015, 03:29 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Donwloaded it. Using it. Loving it.

Glad to see you putting that Big Ten education to work!
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:42 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is cool, Vegie. Nice work.

--

The only language I know of that will let you write truly cross-platform code is C++, using libraries like JUCE or Cinder for cross-platform UI. If you have the $$$ for certain licenses, there are some options involving C#, but they still wouldn't run on, for instance, a linux tablet or PC.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
If you would use an iPhone version of this app, just let me know and I can try to make it happen.
I have an iPhone and would definitely use the app if it were available. I'm not heart-broken that I can't, though.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:04 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Observation

While playing around with it, it seems to not take into account the (admittedly not intuitive) rules interplay between poison powers and one shield defense. Still very useful. Well done.

~Dysole, trying to improve things
Old January 19th, 2016, 04:50 PM

You are correct that I am incorrect. That seems like a weird interaction to me but I guess it has been officially ruled. I will fix it. Thanks for spotting it.
Old January 19th, 2017, 01:28 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another Random Catch

So...

Not sure how Tough is calculated in your programs. I noticed however that when I put on both Tough and Defensive Agility/Stealth Dodge and then checked it against Paralyzing Stare, it would never produce wounds which is incorrect. Tough only triggers if you get to roll defense dice which Paralyzing Stare denies. Any the who, thought you should know.

~Dysole, messing around with random things

Last edited by Dysole; January 19th, 2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Don't know why I included the probability tables since they never cover the possibility of "not being able to roll defense"
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Tough is (if tough){shields+=1;} or something like that.

I didn't know about that rule (I can actually think of times where I've Stared an Heirloom and let him have the autoshield). So Tough + Paralyzing Stare will give lower odds of damage than it should.

I will try to get it fixed eventually.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software