Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Workshop Thread

I'm willing to make changes in order to resubmit it. I just never received any feedback from Nomad or Robber, and Bigga (and apparently you) don't seem to have many reservations.
Old March 29th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm willing to make changes in order to resubmit it. I just never received any feedback from Nomad or Robber, and Bigga (and apparently you) don't seem to have many reservations.
Unfortunately Robber and Nomad have been pretty busy lately...so I'd imagine it might take a little extra time. Though if you're looking to get working on the map, I'd suggest PM'ing them a friendly request to give some feedback here in the workshop thread.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 7th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

ARV Judges, I would like to officially resubmit Jandar's Summoning Circle for consideration to be playtested. I realize you haven't officially reviewed the first submission of the map yet, but there is an issue with it that I could see preventing it from being approved - that issue being the choke points in between the pillars where the battlements are. This version of the map has been tweaked to help reduce those choke points on the map.

Here is the updated version of the map:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; April 8th, 2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old April 8th, 2018, 01:15 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Honestly, I'm open to playtest either version...I don't think the 3-hex rock will prove to be gamebreaking in its position...but trading it out does obviously open up the map more. I think either version is good to playtest, though I'd like to see you decide upon ONE of the versions first.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 8th, 2018, 12:19 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Honestly, I'm open to playtest either version...I don't think the 3-hex rock will prove to be gamebreaking in its position...but trading it out does obviously open up the map more. I think either version is good to playtest, though I'd like to see you decide upon ONE of the versions first.
Thanks. I updated the previous post with the version I'd like to submit.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 8th, 2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
ARV Judges, I would like to officially resubmit Jandar's Summoning Circle for consideration to be playtested. I realize you haven't officially reviewed the first submission of the map yet, but there is an issue with it that I could see preventing it from being approved - that issue being the choke points in between the pillars where the battlements are. This version of the map has been tweaked to help reduce those choke points on the map.

Spoiler Alert!
I vote to review the updated version of Jandar's Summoning Circle. I like the changes and I think it will play more open and smooth compared to the original version.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 8th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

Spoiler Alert!

I think that the updated version does a great job of addressing the choke points in the original version of Jandar's summoning circle. However, I'm not a fan of the large, flat expanse of lv 2 terrain towards the bottom of the map.

I wound up tinkering with the map in Virtualscape and came up with a version that I feel is a good compromise between the two. It resolves the choke points from the original map but preserves the aesthetics.

PDF HSC

I haven't built or played on it yet, so take my suggestions/edits with a grain of salt. I vote to review any version of Jandar's Summoning Circle that you would like the ARV to review.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:43 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am to review Jandar's Summoning Circle . . . but let me know which one: Robber's latest tinkering or the last update from Flash_19.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:56 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@superfrog
RE: Bloodred River Narrows feedback

I like how the map fits the Compendium back story - well done. I like the glyph placement and the map footprint. The biggest issue for me in not giving it a higher score in the initial judging was the large number of choke points where traffic narrows down to a single hex, particularly around the trees/ruins and between the large tree and large glacier. I would also ditch the road wall to ease some potential congestion there. My fear was the rats would love this map too much. My two cents . . .
Old April 13th, 2018, 01:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback. I've got some ideas of how to mitigate some of the choke points, and I definitely think that dropping the wall is a good idea.
Old April 13th, 2018, 01:11 PM

@JaesShurrig
RE: Forgotten Forest Road feedback

I general, I like the map and would be happy to run some testing on it. There were two things that prevented me from scoring it higher than some of the other maps in the contest. First, the Valda glyph seems overpowered for the map with the double-wide road, it doesn't seem needed. The first to the glyph means moves of 10-12 on the road, and then probably also getting Gerda. Maybe something like Dagmar or a random glyph. The second was purely aesthetic - the trees seem too lined up, more of an orchard than a Forgotten Forest, but that shouldn't affect game-play. With so many great maps submitted in the last contest, we had to find reasons to like some maps slightly more than others.
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I am to review Jandar's Summoning Circle . . . but let me know which one: Robber's latest tinkering or the last update from Flash_19.
I want to stick with my latest update.

@Robber , I should have said this earlier, but thanks for your suggestions! I have been carefully looking at the changes you made and considering if I could implement some of them.
There is an aspect of map building that stresses me out, that being that I feel like I can always find something that I could tweak just a little differently. So for my sanity, I decided to just leave it how it is for now and make any other changes based on upcoming map reviews. Again, thanks for those suggestions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla